Mccoist got more from the players

stewaj3

Do you not remember Peterhead, Stirling Albion, Albion Rovers, Raith Rovers & Alloa in the challenge cup, Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup twice & being 9 points behind Hearts in the second tier when he left?

McCoist's was reign was just as much of a shambles as this. Maybe more of a shambles actually.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

I honestly believe that. He was useless, his signings were useless, they didn't train properly, but i reckon his players wanted to play for him. 

That lot we have now look like they don't care. Ohalloran and forrester joking on the bench when we are getting beat. 

Mark warburton was just a different kind of useless. No better than mccoist and spent a hell of a lot more money. 

Murty is a shite caretaker, reminds me of clipboard mcdowell. (where is he these days by the way?)  With this board i just dont see us improving. We are nothing short of a joke. 

Get someone in that those players are shit scared of as they need a rollicking not an arm put round them. 

Fuckin garbage , they were both useless bastards

Going by average points per game this team are on course to finish the season on 63 points. McCoist's 2012 SPL team finished the season accumulating 83 points.

I completely agree with the OP. We're just as poor if not poorer right now than we ever were under McCoist.

People saying why bring this up. It's important to compare to realise we've not progressed. It's the only way we can move forward.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Do you not remember Peterhead, Stirling Albion, Albion Rovers, Raith Rovers & Alloa in the challenge cup, Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup twice & being 9 points behind Hearts in the second tier when he left?

McCoist's was reign was just as much of a shambles as this. Maybe more of a shambles actually.

It was much, much more of a shambles because we were playing at a lower level. 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

No .

I've seen quite a few poor Rangers teams in nearly 50 years of supporting them , but McCoist 's was by far the worst .  . . . . . and that's even against teams in the lower divisions . 

I must admit stuff like "McCoist's team was the worst in our history" really gets on my wick.

Of course they fucking were, we were in the lower divisions, no matter who was in charge or who McCoist brought in it was always going to be the worst in our history. You cannot compare them to any other team in our history as to where we were. For a shite team to be worst in history we still managed League 1 unbeaten.

4 hours ago, gsa said:

Fuck off.

Ian Black, Nicky Law, etc? 

They couldn't have given less of a fuck.

Their "cheekie chappie" of a manner was more concerned with being everyone's pal than winning. 

Black never chucked it, was shite but atleast he tried.

£18m and we've replaced with Halliday.

McCoist and Warburton have been disastrous for the club. What has happened off the pitch is beyond belief but I fully expected us to fly through the leagues introducing some young players and building a side to challenge Celtic in the second or third season back in the top league.

After everything that happened I would have happily settled for a close second and maybe a cup in the first couple of seasons back then a real go at winning it in the third season.

We are now no further ahead all these years down the line and looking at somehow trying to offload this shite to try and rebuild again. 

Its beyond incredible 

2 hours ago, williamcarvel9 said:

I must admit stuff like "McCoist's team was the worst in our history" really gets on my wick.

Of course they fucking were, we were in the lower divisions, no matter who was in charge or who McCoist brought in it was always going to be the worst in our history. You cannot compare them to any other team in our history as to where we were. For a shite team to be worst in history we still managed League 1 unbeaten.

Fuck all to do with being in the lower divisions 

I still cringe at playing one up from against pen pushers and plumbers.