Ferguson resigns from Clyde

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

Unless hes a far different guy from his playing days he wont tell them straight.

He'd mumble at the older players and shout at and discourage the youngsters.

Why would you want a dud manager to come in? Or a dud board to stay in for that matter.

name one younger that been on the park the last 2 games ? Kiernan and Halliday to name 2 are utter shit and its time they where told that no more we will learn from this

good auld that was utter shit lads your in here the Morra on a double session until we cut out these mistakes

29 minutes ago, BloodRunsBlue said:

or because he blames every cunt but himself.

Especially the youngsters who he will bawl and roar at constantly.

Not the best quality for a captain or gaffer to have.

His management skills aside he produced the goods as our captain. Youngest Rangers captain in our history to win a treble. Also got us to a Euro final. We can only dream of such a captain nowdays.

I wouldn't have him as a coach/manager but he was a very good captain for us no matter how he achieved success with us. Our current team could do with the sharp end of his tongue instead of all this "we will learn from it" shite that has been spouted recently. 

Ok, so there is a manager out there with a 20% win rate with an English club, and a 39% win rate with a club in the lowest division in Scotland, with that club currently sitting third from bottom.  Should this guy be considered for a role at Rangers?  Oh, but wait a minute, he's a true blue 'Rangers man' and he used to play for us, so of course we must have him ...

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Could be what we need in terms of passion / attitude? Maybe in until end of season, and then into assitants role. Fuck knows anymore. 

If he had the passion and attitude you speak of Clyde wouldn't be festering 3rd from bottom in league two.

Utter desperation stuff from our board if true and a huge step backwards,A failed manager/coach from the second division on probably a couple of hundred quid a week,resigns and jumps straight into a prime role at Ibrox probably increasing his weekly wage by thousands by being a failure in management and Rangers reward failure.

We are imploding every week and Barry Ferguson is the answer, Not obviously for his managerial ability, But the fact he is an ex Rangers player and nothing more and same applies with big Eck.

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

His management skills aside he produced the goods as our captain. Youngest Rangers captain in our history to win a treble. Also got us to a Euro final. We can only dream of such a captain nowdays.

I wouldn't have him as a coach/manager but he was a very good captain for us no matter how he achieved success with us. Our current team could do with the sharp end of his tongue instead of all this "we will learn from it" shite that has been spouted recently. 

I agree with this, KK said the same thing. I just dont think Ferguson should be the guy to do it. I'd much prefer Big Eck till the end of season.

However, there is no doubting Barrys other qualities as a player and captain regardless of that one very obvious flaw. Knowing when to encourage younger players even when they fuck up is an important quality for any manager or captain to have.

8 minutes ago, Grundy said:

I agree Ferguson hasn't shown anything as a manager, although did he not keep Blackpool up ?.  Regardless of that I'd take him in a heartbeat till the end of the season to try to instill some fight and guts into the squad.

Human beings are born with fight and guts and courage and heart. We have a shower of cowards who struggle with footballing basics, no amount of Ferguson screaming at them will make them try harder. He's more likely to get a sore mouth than win respect. 

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

You mean Barry as Archie Knox to someone's Walter Smith? Who that someone would be is the burning question. Although I wouldn't say Walter and Archie were exactly a "good cop - bad cop" partnership, I'm sure a few felt the rough edge of Walter's tongue as well as Archie's.

24 minutes ago, Taipan said:

Mate, mid-table - he's 7 points off a Lowland League play off!

But according to Barry it's due to the fact that he is working with part-time players.  What about the other teams in that league with their part-time squads?  Don't bother Barry with facts ...

2 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Human beings are born with fight and guts and courage and heart. We have a shower of cowards who struggle with footballing basics, no amount of Ferguson screaming at them will make them try harder. He's more likely to get a sore mouth than win respect. 

Point taken but surely not every one of our players is a coward, I just think that in the short term Ferguson might just be able to provide a bit of motivation, which is obviously lacking, a bit of dig, a bit of fight.  I think Inverness showed more fight and ambition than us and that is just not acceptable.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I'd back this till the summer can point the finger at Ferguson one thing you can't say is he doesn't know the standards at Rangers.

moaning faced cunt yes because he's a winner and expects high standards

Certainly hasn't passed that winning mentality on to his ex players at Clyde!