288 members have voted

1. 1. Tommy wright for Manager

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

Don't give a fuck if he's King Billy reincarnated he's not good enough and who cares about staunch as fuck what because I don't want Mickey O Neill,fuck off ya weapon

:lol:

Brilliant, spit out my coffee moment :cup: :lol:

But he knows the words to the Sash, sung it a good few times as well ...

If he is hawking himself to us . I don't have any beef with him in that . We are a great club and it's nice that someone comes out and says it.

Not for me though . Definitely not McInnes or Davies .No chance with these two . I would be gutted

I would back big Alex but I would prefer someone with more pedigree

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Don't give a fuck if he's King Billy reincarnated he's not good enough and who cares about staunch as fuck what because I don't want Mickey O Neill,fuck off ya weapon

Grow up...personal abuse to Bears who are older and wiser than you is just not on..

Big Tommy's staunch as fuck, managing Rangers would be his dream job, he's trying, throwing his hat in the ring, as you would do yourself if you were him.

He's done well on a limited budget at Saints, but I can remember going to watch Ballymena United being managed by him, didn't cut much ice there, though he was far less experienced then to be fair.

For where we are, for the current situation, has to be a no for me, though I honestly think he'd do okay.................but doing just okay is not good enough at Rangers, and most certainly not now.

But certainly can't fault the man for trying to get his dream job.

11 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Not to hat I think weight or mcinnes are the best for Rangers but never saw eck win any trophies before he got the Rangers job.  And tbh he got lucky in the first year and half with having deboer arveladze etc

When McLeish got the job it was a completely different time but that's not even how I'm comparing them, I'm comparing them now.

We need an experienced manager and McLeish trumps both McInnes & Wright on all accounts, plus he's out of work so there's no issue of compensation either.

If it's a choice between Wright & McLeish there should only be one choice.

Tommy might be hitting his peak as a manager and could excel at the helm with the "Wright" people around him like Ross Wilson etc.

In an ideal world the calibre of candidate would be better, but I'm a realist and think we are still 3 to 4 years of steady settled progress away from anything of greatness that our club deserves.

This next manager is just another rung on the ladder to the top. 

38 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Robertson said in a Rtv interview that they are looking for a manager to win and play good football. Now I ain't seen st. Johnstone much but unless they play like Barcelona when they ain't on tv I can't see Tommy being the guy tbh

Like the last guy?(at the start anyway)

Just now, KingKirk said:

I'd imagine Davidson would get the Saints job and Ferguson would be tommy's number 2

Hopefully it doesn't come to that but Davidson would love any coaching role at Rangers.  I'd say he'd rather assist as No2 than manage St J.

52 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Big Tommy's staunch as fuck, managing Rangers would be his dream job, he's trying, throwing his hat in the ring, as you would do yourself if you were him.

He's done well on a limited budget at Saints, but I can remember going to watch Ballymena United being managed by him, didn't cut much ice there, though he was far less experienced then to be fair.

For where we are, for the current situation, has to be a no for me, though I honestly think he'd do okay.................but doing just okay is not good enough at Rangers, and most certainly not now.

But certainly can't fault the man for trying to get his dream job.

It's refreshing to hear another manager speak highly of us publicly in this day and age and what he says is spot on IMO. Any manager in their right mind would take the call from Rangers. I think a lot probably think that but are too scared to say so publicly. And as you say you certainly can't fault the guy for putting himself out there.

Like you, I agree he has done a good job with St J's on a limited budget and he does deserve credit for that. That said he's not the man we appear to have been promised. Robertson's recent interview on RTV implied everything was on schedule, we had a plan in place, funds were available, and we needed the right manager to excite the fans. Wright doesn't fit that bill. I don't have an issue with Wright personally and wish him well but he's not going to sell thousands of season tickets and if he is chosen, many fans will not be impressed at all. With the greatest respect to Wright, we MUST be aiming higher than this, absolutely MUST. Our next appointment is massive, and we must get it right.........