Tommy Wright on Rangers Manager position

Smile

Tommy wright for Manager  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Tommy wright for Manager

Watching St Johnstone most weeks I would say that he knows how to set a team up to be solid defensively. 

Last week he set up a team to play against Celtic who should have won if not for a shocking  penalty decision with players no better than ours. 

He will change formations to suit his game plan & he will give younger players game time if they merit it .

think if he was gonna come we'd want Davidson with him . He seems to play a big part in what they have going on.

i'd take him.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

If he is hawking himself to us . I don't have any beef with him in that . We are a great club and it's nice that someone comes out and says it.

Not for me though . Definitely not McInnes or Davies .No chance with these two . I would be gutted

I would back big Alex but I would prefer someone with more pedigree

You want a dug in charge? :headscratch:

For me its not about his record... its tge way his team plays for him, o'halloran was a diff animal under him

He knows decent players in this league who are better than ours ie

Shinnie (sheep) lb > wallace 

Patterson (hearts )rb> tav 

Lindsay cb (thistle) > any of ours

Vincent (dundee) cm> any of ours

Mcginn (hibs) cm> any of ours 

Walker (hearts) rw > waghorn (not a winger to start with imo)

Boyce (ross county) cf > garner 

Cummings (hibs) > garner 

And i left out guys like ali crawford at hamilton, cris cadden at motherwell craig wighton at dundee utd, danny swanson at stjohnson.... 

Its embarrasing to look at our squad n say guys like this are BETTER

5 minutes ago, Andy.little said:

For me its not about his record... its tge way his team plays for him, o'halloran was a diff animal under him

He knows decent players in this league who are better than ours ie

Shinnie (sheep) lb > wallace 

Patterson (hearts )rb> tav 

Lindsay cb (thistle) > any of ours

Vincent (dundee) cm> any of ours

Mcginn (hibs) cm> any of ours 

Walker (hearts) rw > waghorn (not a winger to start with imo)

Boyce (ross county) cf > garner 

Cummings (hibs) > garner 

And i left out guys like ali crawford at hamilton, cris cadden at motherwell craig wighton at dundee utd, danny swanson at stjohnson.... 

Its embarrasing to look at our squad n say guys like this are BETTER

McGinn ??? horrible wee tarrier scrote and absolutely bang average 

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McGinn ???

Knew i was going to get pelters for some of the names ?? but my point is they are players whod love to play at a bigger club, wed get them relativly cheap, dont need time for them to "adjust" and if it was wrigjt or mcinnes hed know them, rather than having a cf (waghorn) out wide 

2 minutes ago, Andy.little said:

Knew i was going to get pelters for some of the names ?? but my point is they are players whod love to play at a bigger club, wed get them relativly cheap, dont need time for them to "adjust" and if it was wrigjt or mcinnes hed know them, rather than having a cf (waghorn) out wide 

I'd rather shop outside of Scotland much better value to be had elsewhere clubs in this country will either point blank refuse to sell to us or hold us to ransom fuck financing these cunts,we need a manager who knows the foreign market 

The only thing thats keeping the club even close to being profitable are season tickets. The less people buy season tickets, the more the board have to cover the losses some how. This is in black and white in our accounts. Wright, wont sell season tickets. He might be cheap, but that would be offset with the renewals dropping.

It sounds counter intuitive, but we cant afford someone like Wright getting the job.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

No chance. I'd actually be furious if he ended up with the job.

Why are some people in the support so open to either Wright or McInnes getting the job but are so against the appointment of McLeish when McLeish has more experienced at a higher level and has won more than either of them ever will.

Mcleish still holds the embarrassing record of 11 games in a row without a win and 6 in a row against the bheasts without a win. Also managed to finish 3rd in a two horse race. Is that the experience you are talking about?

4 minutes ago, smell the glove said:

Mcleish still holds the embarrassing record of 11 games in a row without a win and 6 in a row against the bheasts without a win. Also managed to finish 3rd in a two horse race. Is that the experience you are talking about?

McLeish is better than Murty, but I'd even take Calderwood over McLeish.

3 minutes ago, smell the glove said:

You forget he won a treble,  more trophies in less time than O'Neill did at Celtic, took us to the last 16 of the CL and baw hair away from the QF's of the CL, gave us to of the best titles days of my life ( 6-1 Dunfermline and 1-0 Hibs ) 

1 hour ago, Boaby Bear said:

Tommy might be hitting his peak as a manager and could excel at the helm with the "Wright" people around him like Ross Wilson etc.

In an ideal world the calibre of candidate would be better, but I'm a realist and think we are still 3 to 4 years of steady settled progress away from anything of greatness that our club deserves.

This next manager is just another rung on the ladder to the top. 

I'd ban you just for that pun.

Just now, cumnockbear said:

You forget he won a treble,  more trophies in less time than O'Neill did at Celtic, took us to the last 16 of the CL and baw hair away from the QF's of the CL, gave us to of the best titles days of my life ( 6-1 Dunfermline and 1-0 Hibs ) 

Yes with good players which he mostly inherited (not the case this time). His football and signing were terrible, outwith boumsong and prso.

He has already knocked it back anyway. Was offered it until the end of season with no guarantees, however wanted a 2 and half year deal and nobody was for budging

Just now, smell the glove said:

Yes with good players which he mostly inherited (not the case this time). His football and signing were terrible, outwith boumsong and prso.

He has already knocked it back anyway. Was offered it until the end of season with no guarantees, however wanted a 2 and half year deal and nobody was for budging

Where did you see/hear this ? 

4 minutes ago, smell the glove said:

Boyd, Novo, Buffel, Ferguson are another 4 who were far from terrible.

9 minutes ago, smell the glove said:

The experience I'm talking about is 22 years in management, 9 trophies in that time, experience managing in multiple countries and experience managing in the UEFA Cup, Champions League and internationally with Scotland.

We won't get the perfect candidate, nobody has a perfect record and you could highlight the bad over the good for basically every manager working today. For example, why did we take Smith back when he blew 10 in a row and did nothing of note with Everton?

When it comes to McLeish the pros far outweigh the cons, especially if the alternative is going to be Tommy Wright. :lol: