Fernando ricksen will launch his new official Rangers legends top

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Sunday, February 26, 2017 at 5:54 PM, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Would be pointless advertising his business if he was to do that...

Id imagine teddies is a real bears pub. See the kind that DONT charge for folk to see ex players etc. Not like other pubs we know and post on here you know.....

Maybe OP can confirm this

23 minutes ago, Skelf said:

Id imagine teddies is a real bears pub. See the kind that DONT charge for folk to see ex players etc. Not like other pubs we know and post on here you know.....

Maybe OP can confirm this

Still trying to drum up business for his pub though. Unless the drinks are free when you drop by to see the unveiling of this strip?

12 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Still trying to drum up business for his pub though. Unless the drinks are free when you drop by to see the unveiling of this strip?

Are you going?

And BTW pub like teddies doesnt need to drum up business. They have loyal regulars. Has it not crossed your mind that hes genuinely trying to do a good thing here? Or you just want to see the negative in everything. 

6 minutes ago, Skelf said:

Are you going?

And BTW pub like teddies doesnt need to drum up business. They have loyal regulars. Has it not crossed your mind that hes genuinely trying to do a good thing here? Or you just want to see the negative in everything. 

No I'm not.

I'm sure it does have plenty of regulars but there's simply no denying he's trying to get a few more bodies in the door on Friday with this thread.

He could just as easily share a picture of the top for everyone to give their opinion instead of telling us how amazing it looks but if we want to see it then we need to visit his pub. That's when him doing a nice thing then becomes him trying to fill his till off the back of this event.

Just my opinion. I don't expect everyone to agree with it.

22 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

No I'm not.

I'm sure it does have plenty of regulars but there's simply no denying he's trying to get a few more bodies in the door on Friday with this thread.

He could just as easily share a picture of the top for everyone to give their opinion instead of telling us how amazing it looks but if we want to see it then we need to visit his pub. That's when him doing a nice thing then becomes him trying to fill his till off the back of this event.

Think the clue is in the OP

Fernando Ricksen WILL LAUNCH top

48 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

No I'm not.

Its like people on here want to see all Rangers pubs go down the pan.

Fuck sake imagine a Rangers pub trying to get Rangers fans in it? Why would that even bother you, seriously?

Weird.

57 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

This.

Find it strange that these games always seem to be held down south.

Aye it seems like marketing ploy if you ask me. Surely it should be at Ibrox where he is loved. A Ricksen game at fleetwood/portsmouth seems strange as fuck to me. If anyone deserves the chance to make him feel good even for a half hour is the 50 thousand Bears that would sell the stadium out for him, cos that's what we do.

7 hours ago, PRW. said:

Its like people on here want to see all Rangers pubs go down the pan.

Fuck sake imagine a Rangers pub trying to get Rangers fans in it? Why would that even bother you, seriously?

Weird.

I've no issues with any Rangers pubs trying to get Rangers fans in them.

I just think it's a bit shady when they appear to be using a seriously ill ex player to do it. 

First thing ,we have already had a game for fernando at ibrox ,

The reason we are having the game in fleetwood is we can play an England select ,and blackpool is a big rangers supported area, portsmouth game has nothing to do with fernando,and I don't think there are many players attending ,

Second, I am the organiser for the game ,I also own the Stonefield tavern,I have spent 5 hard month putting this game together,

Fernando is launching a new strip ,and the legends will be wearing them down in fleetwood, 

When he said he was going to launch the tops ,I asked to do in my pub,were else should he have done it ,

My pub is a rangers bar ,although the tops have nothing to do with me apart from I will be using them at and charity games,I don't think I am asking a lot ,launching the top in a good rangers pub,

Yes I will get my pub busy ,what's wrong with that ,I am a business ,and my job is to try and make money,

And for the record,I subsidise my pub to keep it open,I have a great bunch of rangers minded guys drink in the bar,but if you ask any pub owner ,times are grim,

I work off shore on the oil rigs ,that is my income not my pub,

I find it difficult to understand why I have to come on and explain to bears ,why I am launching fernando ricksen top in a good rangers bar,who organises charity events for him ? 

49 minutes ago, stonefield teddies said:

First thing ,we have already had a game for fernando at ibrox ,

The reason we are having the game in fleetwood is we can play an England select ,and blackpool is a big rangers supported area, portsmouth game has nothing to do with fernando,and I don't think there are many players attending ,

Second, I am the organiser for the game ,I also own the Stonefield tavern,I have spent 5 hard month putting this game together,

Fernando is launching a new strip ,and the legends will be wearing them down in fleetwood, 

When he said he was going to launch the tops ,I asked to do in my pub,were else should he have done it ,

My pub is a rangers bar ,although the tops have nothing to do with me apart from I will be using them at and charity games,I don't think I am asking a lot ,launching the top in a good rangers pub,

Yes I will get my pub busy ,what's wrong with that ,I am a business ,and my job is to try and make money,

And for the record,I subsidise my pub to keep it open,I have a great bunch of rangers minded guys drink in the bar,but if you ask any pub owner ,times are grim,

I work off shore on the oil rigs ,that is my income not my pub,

I find it difficult to understand why I have to come on and explain to bears ,why I am launching fernando ricksen top in a good rangers bar,who organises charity events for him ? 

You don't have to explain yourself. I think a lot of our own are cynical due to all the shit that has went on. 

I'm happy it's in fleetwood. Got the full weekend booked with my son. Friday pleasure beach. Saturday game and viva at night then sunday the swimming. 

Buzzing to see paul scholes as always loved him as a player. You're doing a great thing. The only money you'll be making off this is people that buy a few drinks at the launch and nothing else but tirelessly have put together a great gane with some really high profile names.

I salute you. Thanks 

3 hours ago, Queen's_highway said:

You don't have to explain yourself. I think a lot of our own are cynical due to all the shit that has went on

I'm happy it's in fleetwood. Got the full weekend booked with my son. Friday pleasure beach. Saturday game and viva at night then sunday the swimming. 

Buzzing to see paul scholes as always loved him as a player. You're doing a great thing. The only money you'll be making off this is people that buy a few drinks at the launch and nothing else but tirelessly have put together a great gane with some really high profile names.

I salute you. Thanks 

You're spot on with this. A lot of us are cynical when it comes to things like this and I don't see anything wrong with that. 

He's admitted that his bar will benefit from the launch being held in there which personally I don't agree with as I think any extra funds generated by Ricksen's presence should be donated to his charity but he's basically admitted his pub is struggling as well so I can see why he's not doing that. 

You were right when you said he doesn't have to explain himself to anyone though but fair play to him for coming on and doing it anyway.

Im a regular who drinks in Teddies, Stan has Fernando in to launch his new top for the game in Fleetwood, people can see the strip if they want on friday, when it will be online, others who want to attend ,can see it and neet Fernado, and others who will be there, you don't need to pay to get in, you can even buy a brink if you like, but it won't be forced on you to do so.

any month our pub (me speaking as a regular) helps to keep it open, last week Graham Roberts was in, people came to see him and get there photos took,  did not cost anyone a penny, unless they bought a drink, which is still one of the cheapest pubs in the Glasgow/Lanarkshire area to get a drink at £2.70 a pint,  most weeks we have ex players popping in, three weeks ago we had Arthur Newman, a gent and great to see him and hear stories, all for fuck all, apart from a drink or two i bought.  So some folk have to get real at times, Stan runs a Real Rangers boozer, with all the pictures flags and tunes? On daily, but any pub business now is getting squeezed out by the likes of Weatherspoons etc, we are trying and fighting every week to maintain our boozer, while some of our own critise someone for trying to do a good turn, and make out its all about his pub and profit.

come in and see the pub anytime, and you will be most welcome, i might even buys yous a drink.......

Laudrup s Patrick boots. 

The bottom line here,fernando ricksen is launching his new rangers legends tops,

He needs a place to launch the tops, I have put a great effort putting this legends game together for Fernando's charity ,over the last 5 months,

He has asked me to contact ,sky tv ,his X team mates ,and the media,for this launch,and also

He has asked me to help him launch the tops,

So you think I should give any profits I get from my pub to fernando,are you for real.

Or do you think I should have launched the tops with fernando at another pub or venue.

I am hoping to raise at least £50,000 from this game for fernando ,and I am sure he will raise 

More funds from his legends top launch,

If I get maybe another 30 people in my pub on Friday ,my takings might be up a few hundred pound,

And you think I should also give this to fernando,

As one of my regulars said on this site,I have x players in the pub often, and try not to charge anything to get in,

Let's remember as I said ,I own a pub and my business is to make money and keep my pub open. 

It's not easy I can assure you,

Fantastic effort with everything you've done with this Stan!! 

A mate of mine is sponsoring the game, his company is based down in Kent... Is this acceptable??

Realistically not going to get much business from this (if any) but doing it because hes a massive Rangers fan and will mean he gives a generous donation towards Fernandos charity!

Are Fleetwood being money grubbing because they will be making money from food n drink on the day??

Keep up the great work Stan and hope next time im up for a Rangers game me n my mates can visit your bears pub

WATP

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, CoatbridgeBear said:

Aye it seems like marketing ploy if you ask me. Surely it should be at Ibrox where he is loved. A Ricksen game at fleetwood/portsmouth seems strange as fuck to me. If anyone deserves the chance to make him feel good even for a half hour is the 50 thousand Bears that would sell the stadium out for him, cos that's what we do.

We've already done that.....

On 27/02/2017 at 10:25 PM, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

No I'm not.

That's how you market products by creating hype etc. 

No company would leak a pic early.

All the best to Fernando,  but this  isn't a Rangers top no matter how It's marketed,  I won't be playing this game some want us to play.

This isn't a Rangers top, if it's for a good cause then great but it should be sold on that merit alone not under Rangers name. It's stealing the club's brand and any real company that did it would find themselves in jail.

I'm all for charities etc but if I'm going to donate cash to help Ricksens cause it's will be thru a charity and not by buying a fake Rangers top

And a bunch of ex players being involved means nothing most of them don't have a clue what the fans want

Fernando's charity has sold a magazine, clothing and other bits in the past as it is a tangible way to support and aids public exposure to the charity.

Walking round any town or playing a game of five-a-side in a top will help the cause

I had a t shirt of his on at the gym a while back and a few blokes asked me what it was about and I live a long way from Glasgow

33 minutes ago, jonnysidparto10 said:

So we cant buy real rangers tops because of fat mike.

We cant buy Rangers charity tops that will support a former players foundation

What top is acceptable to buy? 

Buy anything top you like. They're just not Rangers tops

9 hours ago, stonefield teddies said:

Laudrup s Patrick boots. 

The bottom line here,fernando ricksen is launching his new rangers legends tops,

He needs a place to launch the tops, I have put a great effort putting this legends game together for Fernando's charity ,over the last 5 months,

He has asked me to contact ,sky tv ,his X team mates ,and the media,for this launch,and also

He has asked me to help him launch the tops,

So you think I should give any profits I get from my pub to fernando,are you for real.

Or do you think I should have launched the tops with fernando at another pub or venue.

I am hoping to raise at least £50,000 from this game for fernando ,and I am sure he will raise 

More funds from his legends top launch,

If I get maybe another 30 people in my pub on Friday ,my takings might be up a few hundred pound,

And you think I should also give this to fernando,

As one of my regulars said on this site,I have x players in the pub often, and try not to charge anything to get in,

Let's remember as I said ,I own a pub and my business is to make money and keep my pub open. 

It's not easy I can assure you,

I don't see the need for me to go over this again as I would just be repeating myself. I've already said it's only my opinion.

I'm sure we're still entitled to have those on this forum.

46 minutes ago, Willis said:

That's how you market products by creating hype etc. 

No company would leak a pic early.

All the best to Fernando,  but this  isn't a Rangers top no matter how It's marketed,  I won't be playing this game some want us to play.

This isn't a Rangers top, if it's for a good cause then great but it should be sold on that merit alone not under Rangers name. It's stealing the club's brand and any real company that did it would find themselves in jail.

I'm all for charities etc but if I'm going to donate cash to help Ricksens cause it's will be thru a charity and not by buying a fake Rangers top

And a bunch of ex players being involved means nothing most of them don't have a clue what the fans want

Could just as easily launch it via a social media campaign the way other companies and the likes do. I'm willing to bet that, with the amount of Rangers pages on Facebook etc that would share it, it would get much more exposure than having a gathering in a pub for a launch. Nobody's till would get topped up that way though. 

Disagreeing with anyone other than the charity making a profit from such an event seems to make you a bad person on here though. Strange.

For the record, I have a lot of respect for the guy for organising this game as I know from experience how much work goes in to arranging them. I arrange charity games myself on nowhere near the scale of this one and it becomes like a 2nd job trying to get everything in place. He seems to be justifying him having this launch to make an extra few quid for his pub by telling us all how much work he's put in though which I don't really agree with. You don't arrange charity matches to make something back from them, however small the amount is compared to what's actually donated.