Fernando ricksen will launch his new official Rangers legends top

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread has gone as it usually does...

Disagree with me n your a papist septic bhastard

I post on here 1700000000000 times so fuck off to another forum

For a bunch of Unionists we don't half act with dis-unity and paranoia about our fellow bears

Basically we can't trust anybody anymore. The board, the players, the fans, ex players.....

1 hour ago, govanblue said:

Your opinion is badly thought through, ill-informed - and wrong. :p:

Oh and also - who are you, and why have you not donated to our Fund yet?

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/295270-rm-erskine-fund-–-season-201617-accounts-members-donations-discussion-action/

or bought a raffle ticket for Wee Josh?...

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/304712-last-chance-to-buy-your-raffle-tickets-for-the-rangersmedia-big-raffle-for-wee-josh/?page=1

No such thing as a wrong opinion, only alternative ones.

I haven't donated to the fund or bought a raffle ticket for Josh because, as much as I respect the work you do, I choose to donate my money to a number of other charities which are much closer to home for me.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I haven't donated to the fund or bought a raffle ticket for Josh because, as much as I respect the work you do, I choose to donate my money to a number of other charities which are much closer to home for me.

No such thing as a wrong opinion, only alternative ones.

Opinions can be right or wrong. When they are formed without proper examination of the facts and evidence, they are invariably wrong, as yours is. :tu:

Regarding your "charity donations" - I think you're full of shit.  Just an opinion though. :p:

6 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Opinions can be right or wrong. When they are formed without proper examination of the facts and evidence, they are invariably wrong, as yours is. :tu:

Regarding your "charity donations" - I think you're full of shit.  Just an opinion though. :p:

I believe that making money, however small the amount, off the back of a charity event is wrong. That's my opinion, I'd love to hear your explanation of how that opinion is wrong though.

And, with all due respect, I couldn't care less what your opinion of my charitable donations is. I don't do it for the pats on the back.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I believe that making money, however small the amount, off the back of a charity even is wrong. That's my opinion, I've love to hear your explanation of how that opinion is wrong though.

And, with all due respect, I couldn't care less what your opinion of my charitable donations is. I don't do it for the pats on the back.

yep, as I said - full of shit. :tu:

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's not an explanation though, is it?

I choose to donate my money to a number of other charities which are much closer to home for me.

I'm really too busy to give explanations.  If you can't see why you're being a cock, I can't convince you.

I'll leave you with this point though...

If supporting Erskine Veterans, Rangers Supporting Erskine Veterans, Rangers Supporting PTSD-Suffering Iraq and Afghan War Veterans, supporting Rangers Charity Foundation and all its enterprises, supporting Rangers Youth Development and supporting Rangers Ticket office to ensure the successful future of Rangers Football club is not close to home to you, then maybe you're on the wrong forum. :craphead:

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

I'm really too busy to give explanations.  If you can't see why you're being a cock, I can't convince you.

I'll leave you with this point though...

If supporting Erskine Veterans, Rangers Supporting Erskine Veterans, Rangers Supporting PTSD-Suffering Iraq and Afghan War Veterans, supporting Rangers Charity Foundation and all its enterprises, supporting Rangers Youth Development and supporting Rangers Ticket office to ensure the successful future of Rangers Football club is not close to home to you, then maybe you're on the wrong forum. :craphead:

Ah ok. You can't give an explanation as you're too busy but you have time to try and goad me into donating to your fund. Makes sense.

Only doing you're job I suppose but I'll continue to pass. Even though you've resorted to the desperate measures of suggesting I'm on the wrong forum because I won't play ball :lol:

32 minutes ago, govanblue said:

I choose to donate my money to a number of other charities which are much closer to home for me.

Not my argument pal but you seem to be bent out of shape and pointless. Maybe just say Ok I win and walk away.

I trust you have audited those charities and confirmed that no-one has gained a cent from the process. It's never the case my friend and there will always be someone who needs payment of some kind.

Charity functions such as the one in discussion are organised primarily to provide relief for a person/cause. You seem to be taking the opinion that the function was set up to provide profit for a pub. Clearly not the case as the pub/person has worked tirelessly to provide support for the cause.

Where do you want it to be held? Perhaps on a vacant piece of rent-free empty land. 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Ah ok. You can't give an explanation as you're too busy but you have time to try and goad me into donating to your fund. Makes sense.

Only doing you're job I suppose but I'll continue to pass. Even though you've resorted to the desperate measures of suggesting I'm on the wrong forum because I won't play ball :lol:

You're not as smart as you think you are.  And I'm not the donation whore some people think I am.

So I need to give you an explanation as to why Fernando's strip launch will be in Stan's pub?  No mate.  you need to go and learn some more about our family.

2 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Not my argument pal but you seem to be bent out of shape and pointless. Maybe just say Ok I win and walk away.

I trust you have audited those charities and confirmed that no-one has gained a cent from the process. It's never the case my friend and there will always be someone who needs payment of some kind.

Charity functions such as the one in discussion are organised primarily to provide relief for a person/cause. You seem to be taking the opinion that the function was set up to provide profit for a pub. Clearly not the case as the pub/person has worked tirelessly to provide support for the cause.

Where do you want it to be held? Perhaps on a vacant piece of rent-free empty land. 

See I started typing something like that, and just couldn't be arsed with it. :lol:

13 minutes ago, govanblue said:

You're not as smart as you think you are.  And I'm not the donation whore some people think I am.

So I need to give you an explanation as to why Fernando's strip launch will be in Stan's pub?  No mate.  you need to go and learn some more about our family.

No you need to give an explanation as to why my opinion is wrong, not why the launch will be held in Stan's pub. 

He already done that by himself before you started chiming in looking for a donation and then becoming ever so slightly hostile when you didn't get the response you were after.

9 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

No you need to give an explanation as to why my opinion is wrong, not why the launch will be held in Stan's pub. 

He already done that by himself before you started chiming in looking for a donation and then becoming ever so slightly hostile when you didn't get the response you were after.

ooh get you.  

Ok your axiom that nobody should make money off charity at the very first level is wrong, because the official charities you pretend to donate to have admin structures in place, and supply chains etc, and everybody makes money off everything at some stage. That's how charities work.  Without it, there would be no charity as we understand it.

Erskine Care Homes for example deduct 14% from all direct donations (not from ours though, cos we do things differently!) - and that pays the Fundraising Departments staffing costs.  So there's the staff making all their money off of charity.  Boom.  easy, but tediously long, which is why I'm not staying to spar with you for every round.  

byee.  

40 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

You're right, it's not your argument but don't let that stop you. It hasn't stopped anyone else :lol:

I gave my opinion and Stan replied. I thought that was the end of the matter until today when GB piped up and accused me of being full of shit because I donate to other charities and not his.

As far as auditing the charities goes. I don't need to because Stan has already admitted his pub will benefit from the event being held there. I disagreed with that but also said I could understand why he does it. Again, thought that was the end of the matter. 

6 minutes ago, govanblue said:

ooh get you.  

Ok your axiom that nobody should make money off charity at the very first level is wrong, because the official charities you pretend to donate to have admin structures in place, and supply chains etc, and everybody makes money off everything at some stage. That's how charities work.  Without it, there would be no charity as we understand it.

Erskine Care Homes for example deduct 14% from all direct donations (not from ours though, cos we do things differently!) - and that pays the Fundraising Departments staffing costs.  So there's the staff making all their money off of charity.  Boom.  easy, but tediously long, which is why I'm not staying to spar with you for every round.  

byee.  

First off, I don't pretend to donate to any charities. You seem bitter about this for some reason, can't think why.

Yes, I'm aware that not 100% of any amount donated to any charity goes towards what that charity was set up for. Staff etc need to be paid as you've highlighted. Those people usually actually work for said charity though.

It's a tedious argument I'll agree with that. Not one I had any interest in engaging in until you uncharacteristically started being a cunt.

First off, I don't pretend to donate to any charities. You seem bitter about this for some reason, can't think why.

Yes, I'm aware that not 100% of any amount donated to any charity goes towards what that charity was set up for. Staff etc need to be paid as you've highlighted. Those people usually actually work for said charity though.

It's a tedious argument I'll agree with that. Not one I had any interest in engaging in until you uncharacteristically started being a cunt.

Fair enough.

I started being a cunt because your cuntish opinion irked me. 

Stan is doing the best he can in the only way he knows how, and without him Fernando would have no support in his fundraising efforts in Britain whatsoever.

[edit - that sounds as if I'm being critical of his results.  I should point out that "the best he can" is pretty damn good and is meant as praise as in he's giving 100%! ]

As mentioned earlier -  the Ibrox game has been and gone, and everyone else has moved on, but not Fernando, and not Stan. 

So if Stan sells 30 more pints than usual that night, so what? I bet Fernando will be chuffed for him!

But if Stan wants, I'm good at stuff like this, I could devise a complex system for identifying customers who are only there to see the new Fernando Strip, and a complex queuing and ordering system, processing all their bar sales through a different till.  It will be a nightmare, but it might raise an extra £30 or so.  My bill will be £300 right enough.  Alternatively they could just hold it in the O'Mally Arms round the corner? Might be easier.

Anyway, since we started this spat, RM Members have donated another £60 to Wee Josh's Raffle, so I need to go and update the raffle thread

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/304712-last-chance-to-buy-your-raffle-tickets-for-the-rangersmedia-big-raffle-for-wee-josh/?page=1

For the record gofundme will take 6% of that.  :angrywillie:

20 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Fair enough.

I started being a cunt because your cuntish opinion irked me. 

Stan is doing the best he can in the only way he knows how, and without him Fernando would have no support in his fundraising efforts in Britain whatsoever.

As mentioned earlier -  the Ibrox game has been and gone, and everyone else has moved on, but not Fernando, and not Stan. 

So if Stan sells 30 more pints than usual that night, so what? I bet Fernando will be chuffed for him!

But if Stan wants, I'm good at stuff like this, I could devise a complex system for identifying customers who are only there to see the new Fernando Strip, and a complex queuing and ordering system, processing all their bar sales through a different till.  It will be a nightmare, but it might raise an extra £30 or so.  My bill will be £300 right enough.  Alternatively they could just hold it in the O'Mally Arms round the corner? Might be easier.

Maybe it is a cuntish opinion. I'm sure I've said somewhere in this thread, perhaps more than once, that I don't expect anyone else to agree with me and maybe I am just being overly cynical.

To your credit, you have actually explained your point a lot better than the "you don't want a Rangers pub making money, what's wrong with you?" responses I was getting before and the way you've put it does actually make more sense. 

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Maybe it is a cuntish opinion. I'm sure I've said somewhere in this thread, perhaps more than once, that I don't expect anyone else to agree with me and maybe I am just being overly cynical.

To your credit, you have actually explained your point a lot better than the "you don't want a Rangers pub making money, what's wrong with you?" responses I was getting before and the way you've put it does actually make more sense. 

:lol:

This raises that age old question ...... when is a Dick not a Dick ........ Never!

..... or that even older classic ....... when is a Cunt not a Cunt .......  Sniff ... Sniff ..... Sniff.

:UK:

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

This raises that age old question ...... when is a Dick not a Dick ........ Never!

..... or that even older classic ....... when is a Cunt not a Cunt .......  Sniff ... Sniff ..... Sniff.

Who asked you, cuntdick?