***Celtic vs Rangers ticket bonus ball - Wee Josh Fund***

K.A.I

Just now, scottyc06 said:

I'm sure you can't sell over face value, even in these circumstances! You could still just put it into the ticket section, sell at face value & put the funds into The fund for Josh?

Ticket section's full of c*nts. :p:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I'm sure you can't sell over face value, even in these circumstances! You could still just put it into the ticket section, sell at face value & put the funds into the fund for Josh? Not only do we get another £50 into the fund but another RM member gets the benefit of the ticket! 

What a race that would be 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

It's madness mate! 

Admin should seriously be reconsidering that! 

the way I saw it was that if it's for Fund Members only, Fund Members can surely agree amongst themselves to suspend that rule for Fund fundraising, just as they can agree amongst themselves with anything else to do with The Fund, whether others approve or not. It's our money, we should be free to do with it as we see fit.

It worked out anyway in the past, cos it just forced me to find a more enterprising way to raise even more than an auction would have.

K.A.I's bonusball idea seemed to be a good solution - until tonight! :lol:

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

Full of cunts that you are happy to entice with your misleading subject titles! :lol:

Not at all mate.  I don't expect any of them to sign up - I just like rubbing their noses in the fact that if they were in the Fund, all sorts of good shit would come their way. :p:

27 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Sadly, there are still some members (RM members, not Fund members) who do not agree that The Fund should be allowed to auction tickets off at more than face value, because that's the rule for members, and if I were to try and auction them off, they would object strenuously.  

For whatever reasons they don't see the distinction between what we do with our profits, and what a tout would do with theirs, and Admin decided to go with their opinion and not mine.

I forgot about that, I think the numbers in a bag by KAI would be the best option if he can get someone to pull out the number then. Simples. :happy:

5 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Kai and Courtyard Bear make sure this gets done fairly and not just sold to some one who happened to be on at the time the ticket gets posted for sale as most of us will still be wanting it.

At the end of the day, courtyard has won the ticket! If he wants to sell it on to whoever he wants then that's up to him! 

if doing it by the way of donation to the fund then even better, that's an extra £50 into the fund! 

If Courtyard Bear's number have been drawn (48) .... and (43) seems to be his also, that was drawn ... then I suggest that one way could be for the remaining numbers 11 - 19 - 22 - 42 - 49 to be put in the hat and the winner is drawn from those numbers by K.A.I .... saving him the added hassle of a total re-draw.

The other way I suppose would be for number 49 to be the winner as it was the closest to the bonus ball. 

Either way it will help by eliminating someone who never entered the auction coming in and just buying the ticket .... fairer all round to all the guys who participated in this great thread started by K.A.I for such a good cause.

PS :- just seen Scottyc06's post above .... and of course agree that it is after all Courtyard Bear's call on what to do with his ticket ..... :cup:

:UK:

Just now, scottyc06 said:

At the end of the day, courtyard has won the ticket! If he wants to sell it on to whoever he wants then that's up to him! 

if doing it by the way of donation to the fund then even better, that's an extra £50 into the fund! 

Aye I'm not bothered with him doing that but I meant if he just sells it on to any random member when lots of us have already took part and would be willing to bid in an auction or some other raffle. Would end up raising even more.

14 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

I'm sure you can't sell over face value, even in these circumstances! You could still just put it into the ticket section, sell at face value & put the funds into the fund for Josh? Not only do we get another £50 into the fund but another RM member gets the benefit of the ticket! 

That's what I was thinking tbh. No way am I comfortable auctioning a ticket for over face value, even if it's for a great cause. 

The best way since Courtyard Bear can't make it and was the winner would be to offer it the people who bought a bonus ball to buy it for face value (£50) and that's another £50 into the fund for the wee man.

I've spoke to CB on PM and he wants me just to pick a name from a bit of paper and offer them the ticket - what I'll do is my Gran is due in to see me at 4pm I'll just ask her off the bat to pick a number between 1 and 59 and whatever number she says, that person will get the chance to buy the ticket for face value. I think that's fair, I wouldn't offer it in the ticket section as it's only right that the guys who paid into this fund get's first dibs on it. 

I'm assuming no-ones got a problem with that, I can be trusted - it's with CB's blessing and since he's technically the winner it's his call I suppose? 

Just now, geneva_ger said:

Good shout. Maybe get her to pick several numbers in case folk can't afford the 50. You can then pass it down the line of chosen numbers. Another 50 sovs on the way for the wee man. 

Yeah that's my plan as there's a couple of people not interested in going and just wanted to support the fund. 

It would help if anyone that's reading and doesn't want to be considered could say too so save some time. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah that's my plan as there's a couple of people not interested in going and just wanted to support the fund. 

It would help if anyone that's reading and doesn't want to be considered could say too so save some time. 

Obviously I can't go but would give 50 and hand the ticket over to someone who promises to sing their heart out for 90 mins (+4 for when Danny Wilson heads the winner).

C'mon Gran, do your stuff.

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Why didn't @Courtyard Bear just say thanks for the ticket accept ticket and give it to someone you know?? Rather than cause all this hassle

Because it's no hassle mate and him doing it this way get's another £50 into the fund for the wee dude.

It would have been easy for him to take the ticket, sell it to a mate and pocket the £50 - which he would have been more than entitled to do, he wouldn't have been doing anything wrong 

Just now, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Why didn't @Courtyard Bear just say thanks for the ticket accept ticket and give it to someone you know?? Rather than cause all this hassle

So that more could be raised for the the Josh fund...and to give someone else (who bought a bonus ball) an additional chance to win.

1 hour ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I texted my mate last night but by the time he got back to me KAI and myself had came up with this idea, and I felt it was better for someone on here to get the ticket.