Matt Gilks in Scottish Sun

K.A.I

Can't copy and paste but he's saying his Rangers move was a nightmare because there was no fight in the dressing room.

He seen more fight in the Blackpool team and there was more team spirit there than there is/was at Rangers.

Again, can't really argue with the guy as it's probably obvious. Interesting comments though.

It puts the focus firmly on guys like Wallace, Wilson, Holt, Halliday, Miller, McKay etc who are either meant to be captains, young/Scottish and knows about the size of our club or self-confessed Rangers fans. 

Not one of them are good enough to be at our club. 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Another sub goalie who couldn't get a game sitting in a huff. Why don't you concentrate on your new teams 

Why are him and Bell's messages ignored all because they were sub goalie's? it's alarming what they are saying even if I'm the first to say myself it has more of an effect and can raise awareness and maybe bring change when they're actually at the club.

It doesn't make what they're saying wrong now they've moved on and is still relevant as the players with no fight or balls are still going to be in that same dressing room tomorrow night. 

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Can't copy and paste but he's saying his Rangers move was a nightmare because there was no fight in the dressing room.

Funnily enough, Charlie Adam said the exact same when he went to Blackpool.

Basically said that there was no motivation from the team or management in the 08/09 season.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

Funnily enough, Charlie Adam said the exact same when he went to Blackpool.

Basically said that there was no motivation from the team or management in the 08/09 season.

That was an exceptional season though - think everyone was running on empty come January and it maybe seemed that way. 

Either that or Blackpool literally has a dressing room full of fucking roaring blood thirsty Lions. 

Just now, WadeWilson said:

Wash your mouth out before you compare Miller to any of the rest of the charlatans.

Why's he exempt though? because he talks a good game in the papers and you find him running about like a headless chicken deep in midfield getting the passes from Kiernan instead of inside the box? .. he's done. I thank him for his contributions over 3 spells and forgive him for his season at Celtic but he shouldn't be here anymore. No one on that playing staff with the exception of Fod should be. 

In my opinion, of course. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why are him and Bell's messages ignored all because they were sub goalie's? it's alarming what they are saying even if I'm the first to say myself it has more of an effect and can raise awareness and maybe bring change when they're actually at the club.

It doesn't make what they're saying wrong now they've moved on and is still relevant as the players with no fight or balls are still going to be in that same dressing room tomorrow night. 

Cos just strange 2 sub goalies in 2 days moaning. So Bell and Gilks were the only ones with a bit of fight and desire then?

Come out and say this stuff when Warburton was still there. All too easy for players to come out criticising when a manager leaves

ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE

Matt Gilks admits his move to Rangers turned into a nightmare

The former Gers stopper said he felt like he had more fighting spirit while a member of the Blackpool team than at Ibrox

BY JOHN SHIELDS

27th February 2017, 10:3

MATT GILKS last night admitted his dream move to Rangers turned into a nightmare.

And the Scotland keeper revealed he felt more of a fighting spirit with former club Blackpool than he did in the Ibrox dressing room.

Matt Gilks says Rangers stint was a nightmare

Gilks quit for Wigan last month after making just five cup appearances following his arrival last summer.

The 34-year-old said: “I feel I’ve got a lot to prove.

“I went to Rangers and it wasn’t really a successful move for me.

“I thought I warranted a few starts here and there when things weren’t going well.

“But I didn’t get that and I didn’t want to be sitting on the bench.

LATEST STORIES

1 / 3

IN NO RUSH

Rangers caretaker boss Graeme Murty warns quick managerial appointment could be damaging

TURN UP THE HEAT

All the pressure is on Rangers...their fans will be demanding a victory says Saints Tommy Wright

BOSS WILSON

Southampton chief Ralph Krueger refuses to rule out Rangers switch for scouting supremo Ross Wilson

HIGH HOPES

Martyn Waghorn insists Rangers stars are still behind Graeme Murty and vows: We can still finish second

NO INTEREST IN BAZ

Bookies favourite Barry Ferguson WON'T return to Rangers as Ibrox legend speaks out after Clyde exit

“I want to play football, and that was behind my decision to come here.

“I see in the dressing room now a lot of what we had when I was at Blackpool.

“We were good lads, we were fighters, we had honest, honest people.

“It’s probably something that I’ve been searching for since I left Blackpool.”

h

Just now, The Godfather said:

Not sure why Millers name is mentioned. He has clearly been seen to be furious and screaming at the players on the park not to mention when he's not playing.....

His names mentioned because he's done as in not good enough to be here anymore. That's why he's on the list. He's not a fighter IMO and he's rumoured to be the one helping Murty with the tactics. Piecing it all together I'm happy sticking him on a list with the rest even if he's not the worst one out them. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

His names mentioned because he's done as in not good enough to be here anymore. That's why he's on the list. He's not a fighter IMO and he's rumoured to be the one helping Murty with the tactics. Piecing it all together I'm happy sticking him on a list with the rest even if he's not the worst one out them. 

Don't agree with any of that tbh.

He is about one of only 2/3 who deserves to be at the club. If it were not for his goals we would be far worse off than we are now. 

Miller is not even close to being part of the problem.

4 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Cos just strange 2 sub goalies in 2 days moaning. So Bell and Gilks were the only ones with a bit of fight and desire then?

Come out and say this stuff when Warburton was still there. All too easy for players to come out criticising when a manager leaves

I agree with you it's easy saying it when your gone but the comments are still relevant. From what I seen of Gilks he did have desire and leadership qualities. The game against Celtic he was always shouting and organising the defence. 

Bell is a balloon tho.

Don't agree with any of that tbh.

He is about one of only 2/3 who deserves to be at the club. If it were not for his goals we would be far worse off than we are now. 

Miller is not even close to being part of the problem.

All 6 goals or something? He is part of the problem when he's our main striker and clearly past it and not scoring. He owes us nothing but he's not good enough to be here anymore. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

All 6 goals or something? He is part of the problem when he's our main striker and clearly past it and not scoring. He owes us nothing but he's not good enough to be here anymore. 

Yeah.

Do you forget a most of them were winning goals...

If not for him we wouldn't be in the Scottish Cup and we wouldn't have been bailed out a few times in the league including last minute strikes against Motherwell to win the games.

Go ahead and name me another player who we have who's done more.....

Ideally he wouldn't be here but our squad is rank and he's one of the better players we have so he should be here more than most. His age hampers him...not his effort or desire to help the club.

Yeah.

Do you forget a most of them were winning goals...

If not for him we wouldn't be in the Scottish Cup and we wouldn't have been bailed out a few times in the league including last minute strikes against Motherwell to win the games.

Go ahead and name me another player who we have who's done more.....

I've not forgot that, thanks. But 6 goals is 6 goals. We'd still 4 points behind Aberdeen taking away the Motherwell & Inverness games and your assuming anyone playing in his place wouldn't have made some sort of contribution against Morton in the cup. It's reaching when you start using that logic.

I am not anti-Miller. But he shouldn't be here anymore. He's done. Finished. It's not his fault.

As for another player that's done more this season? I'd say Fod. 

All these players must have been in dressing rooms where there's been heated words,  a bit of aggression shown and a bit more yet none is shown in our dressing room. Senior players should have at least gone to Warburton and said that a bit of fight is missing.  Hate to say it cause I've always thought he's a prick but imo Barton was probably right and everyone else wrong. Players should have stood up at that point, backed Barton and shown a bit of aggression,  none of this talking things through and we'll learn, let's not get into an argument pish. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I've not forgot that, thanks. But 6 goals is 6 goals. We'd still 4 points behind Aberdeen taking away the Motherwell & Inverness games and your assuming anyone playing in his place wouldn't have made some sort of contribution against Morton in the cup. It's reaching when you start using that logic.

I am not anti-Miller. But he shouldn't be here anymore. He's done. Finished. It's not his fault.

As for another player that's done more this season? I'd say Fod. 

Yeah and those goals have been vital...why ignore what they have done for us? I don't care if it's 3 goals...they have been vital when no other cunt has done it at the club.

Fod? Nope, he's been bang average.

None of them should be here but they are and Miller is one of very few who actually has done something positive. Unless of course winning games and getting us through to the latter rounds in cups isn't important.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah and those goals have been vital...why ignore what they have done for us? I don't care if it's 3 goals...they have been vital when no other cunt has done it at the club.

Fod? Nope, he's been bang average.

None of them should be here but they are and Miller is one of very few who actually has done something positive. Unless of course winning games and getting us through to the latter rounds in cups isn't important.

Ermm so what's your problem then? that's all I said was that none of them should be here.

Miller has been one of the better ones this season but so what? ... it's like when Darren McGregor got player of the year ffs.