Matt Gilks in Scottish Sun

K.A.I

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Don't agree with any of that tbh.

He is about one of only 2/3 who deserves to be at the club. If it were not for his goals we would be far worse off than we are now. 

Miller is not even close to being part of the problem.

Agreed .Not a massive fan of Kenny but he is making the rest of them appear to be unprofessional and extremely inadequate for Rangers.

And we were saying ,he was past it 3/4 years ago

Don't think there is any player i would be sorry to lose

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, K.A.I said:

Ermm so what's your problem then? that's all I said was that none of them should do be here.

Miller has been one of the better ones this season but so what? ... it's like when Darren McGregor got player of the year ffs. 

You said he wasn't good enough to be here just now but he clearly is, this isnt Rangers of 5/6 year ago, we are where we are. Right now he is one of our better players so he doesn't fall under the names you mentioned in your OP.  

Ideally yeah we would have a far better squad than we do but we don't because we are skint and we aint likely to get much £ to better it. I'd rather have Miller here next season than most of the shite we have. 

Pretty simple I thought, guess not....

Not right both Bell & Gilks accounts are being discredited, just because of their positions.

Lot of people need to get the heads out the sand regarding MW. He sold the majority a fantasy when he came in but ultimately thats all it was. The players that spoke about working under him at Brentford, Senderos, Gilks & Bell cannot all be wrong. The man has done more long term damage than any minimal short term good in his time at Rangers, good riddance. 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Agreed .Not a massive fan of Kenny but he is making the rest of them appear to be unprofessional and extremely inadequate for Rangers.

Exactly mate. 

Age aside he is one of 2/3 who have not been shambolic this season. It's a crime we rely on a 37 year old to bail us out and start games but that's because he's the only attacker we have who can be relied upon especially in the bigger games. £2 million of Garner who is a decade younger and Kenny is still outshining him.

Just now, The Godfather said:

You said he wasn't good enough to be here just now but he clearly is, this isnt Rangers of 5/6 year ago, we are where we are. Right now he is one of our better players so he doesn't fall under the names you mentioned in your OP.  

Ideally yeah we would have a far better squad than we do but we don't because we are skint and we aint likely to get much £ to better it. I'd rather have Miller here next season than most of the shite we have. 

Pretty simple I thought, guess not....

You couldn't take, from that sentence with the names in it, that I was meaning not good enough to be in here the sort of proper Rangers team we need to compete and are used to/deserve? aye not that simple after-all. 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Again how's that any different to what I'm saying? not one of them including Miller should be here if we want the Rangers team we deserve. I might edit and make a wee distinction for Miller to say even though it's not saying much, he's still one of our better players this season or something to avoid any more confusion. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You couldn't take, from that sentence with the names in it, that I was meaning not good enough to be in here the sort of proper Rangers team we need to compete and are used to/deserve? aye not that simple after-all. 

I took from it what it looked like...

"It puts the focus firmly on guys like Wallace, Wilson, Holt, Halliday, Miller, McKay etc who are either meant to be captains, young/Scottish and knows about the size of our club or self-confessed Rangers fans."

Clearly looks like you are suggesting Kenny doesn't know or hasn't put across what it means to play for us and the size of the club. That's just not true. As I said in my original response he's about the only one who actually has.

I'm not here to dissect and take hidden meanings from posts, I take it from how it appears..  If you meant it different then fair enough but that's not how it looks to folk looking at the comment. 

If nothing else his comments should act like a bit of a taser on the squad and maybe jolt them into some sort of positive response on the pitch.    His comments, and those of Bell, are all very well up to a point since they don't really tell us what we didn't already know or suspect but I suppose they feel some sort of need to get their views / frustrations off their chests.

A point to consider though, its not just Warburton and Weir who hold the responsibility for the failings of proper, effective management of the squad.    Robertson as MD must bear responsibility too.   He is meant to have had the good quality communications with Warburton, he attends the games, its his job to keep a finger on the pulse of how the operations - including football operations - are going,  

Could he not see what we were seeing and what the Gilks was seeing - insufficient fight, insufficient motivation etc coming from the squad with too much talk of preparing well and not enough outcome of games won?    If he did see it why was no corrective action being taken on Warburton early enough?   If he didn't see it, or didn't believe it, and was just sat on his hands looking at the other operational bits of Rangers then maybe the question should be was he also failing in his c£200k PA plus bonus job?     Convenient though it may be to draw 'do not cross' lines of responsibility and for the manager to just do his own thing within the boundaries of set objectives, if in doing that he is not leading his workforce effectively enough - as measured by results - then imo it is up to Roberson as MD to have the responsibility for getting it sorted.     In the same way that Bell has indicated that Warburton did not like confrontation, maybe the question is valid of asking whether Robertson did enough as MD to ensure that the good ship Rangers was operating as effectively as it should have been.  

Would now be interested to see if Barton surfaces with views.    Probably not direct views since he will have signed a confidentiality agreement as part of his settlement.   But maybe indirect views commenting the comments of Bell and Gilks.   

My only complaint about Miller would be if the two goalies are correct in what they are saying then guys like Miller should have been speaking up or at the very least saying to Weir on the qt that the dressing room wasn't right and that arguments/ bit of aggression wouldn't go amiss. 

53 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Why's he exempt though? because he talks a good game in the papers and you find him running about like a headless chicken deep in midfield getting the passes from Kiernan instead of inside the box? .. he's done. I thank him for his contributions over 3 spells and forgive him for his season at Celtic but he shouldn't be here anymore. No one on that playing staff with the exception of Fod should be. 

In my opinion, of course. 

If Gilks was between the sticks and Fod was in the Sun mouthing off, we would be in a far better place.

Miller is 37 and our best player... by a considerable distance.

The fact that he is always back trying to link play proves that he does indeed have the fight that he is accused of lacking. He's basically trying to win matches on his own because the rest of them are such useless bastards. You can't ever say that Kenny Miller lacks dig or effort as I have watched him for Rangers and Scotland for near on two decades and it's one of his main attributes. He's testament to what you can achieve as a journeyman if you have the application. A bit like Gordon Durie with longevity.

The fact that he is the best player at the club right now is an horrific indictment on the club, the former management and the board... but Kenny himself cannot be blamed for any of that.

Bell pretty much saying what we have seen for weeks. There is next to no fight in that team. Got to agree that Miller is the only one that looks like he gives a fuck. I wouldn't be against him staying next season but I wouldn't want us relying on him so heavily either. Hes a good guy to have around the club.

Just now, The Godfather said:

I took from it what it looked like...

"It puts the focus firmly on guys like Wallace, Wilson, Holt, Halliday, Miller, McKay etc who are either meant to be captains, young/Scottish and knows about the size of our club or self-confessed Rangers fans."

Clearly looks like you are suggesting Kenny doesn't know or hasn't put across what it means to play for us and the size of the club. That's just not true. As I said in my original response he's about the only one who actually has.

I'm not here to dissect and take hidden meanings from posts, I take it from how it appears..  

There's fuck all hidden about it. You've took that quote and also excluded the bit beneath it saying not one of them good enough to be here.

I've told you about 3 times since then why Miller's mentioned and said I should have made a separate distinction for Miller and your banging on about hidden meanings. There's nothing hidden. 

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Exactly mate. 

Age aside he is one of 2/3 who have not been shambolic this season. It's a crime we rely on a 37 year old to bail us out and start games but that's because he's the only attacker we have who can be relied upon especially in the bigger games. £2 million of Garner who is a decade younger and Kenny is still outshining him.

Sorry, but one goal against the bheasts this season can hardly be classed as 'being relied on in bigger games'.

1 minute ago, WadeWilson said:

If Gilks was between the sticks and Fod was in the Sun mouthing off, we would be in a far better place.

Miller is 37 and our best player... by a considerable distance.

The fact that he is always back trying to link play proves that he does have the fight that he is accused of lacking. He's basically trying to win matches on his own because the rest of them are such useless bastards. You can't ever say that Kenny Miller lacks dig or effort as I have watched him for Rangers and Scotland for near on two decades and it's one of his main attributes. He's testament to what you can achieve as a journeyman if you have the application. A bit like Gordon Durie with longevity.

The fact that he is the best player at the club right now is an horrific indictment on the club, the former management and the board.... but Kenny himself cannot be blamed for any of that.

Don't disagree with any of that. 

3 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Sorry, but one goal against the bheasts this season can hardly be classed as 'being relied on in bigger games'.

I know what your saying mate but I'm gonna take GF's side here a minute .. for the bigger games he'd be the first name on my team-sheet mate.

I know it's just one goal against the Beggar's but even watch Garner's goal at the Piggery when the cross comes in, that's Miller's experience that has peeled off back-post and knew to header it across for the sure goal.

I still maintain he shouldn't be here but if there's one thing we can count on him for is that bit of experience in the Celtic games. We should have a whole team like that, though - pretty much like the way the tarriers are growing. 

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Why? His goal put us ahead, he's also scored against them last season. Miller has always been one who get's you goals in those type of games. 

He scored a brace to put us through a cup game we were minutes away from being punted out of. He is probably the only player we have who you think will bail us out in those games because he has a history of it.

Just now, WadeWilson said:

I can clearly remember a game he did play in... and we should be thankful he did or it would have been uber-messy.

Gilks reminded me of Alexander in the UEFA Cup Final season. When he signed I was a bit "meh" but when Gilks stepped into the big game, that Celtic one, I was happy to be proved wrong. That was a performance and a half. Goram-like against Celtic. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Can't copy and paste but he's saying his Rangers move was a nightmare because there was no fight in the dressing room.

He seen more fight in the Blackpool team and there was more team spirit there than there is/was at Rangers.

Again, can't really argue with the guy as it's probably obvious. Interesting comments though.

It puts the focus firmly on guys like Wallace, Wilson, Holt, Halliday, Miller, McKay etc who are either meant to be captains, young/Scottish and knows about the size of our club or self-confessed Rangers fans. 

Not one of them are good enough to be at our club. 

None of them? I don't agree, but I do agree with the general sentiment.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know what your saying mate but I'm gonna take GF's side here a minute .. for the bigger games he'd be the first name on my team-sheet mate.

I know it's just one goal against the Beggar's but even watch Garner's goal at the Piggery when the cross comes in, that's Miller's experience that has peeled off back-post and knew to header it across for the sure goal.

I still maintain he shouldn't be here but if there's one thing we can count on him for is that bit of experience in the Celtic games. We should have a whole team like that, though - pretty much like the way the tarriers are growing. 

There's only two 'bigger games or teams' per season, bheasts and the sheep or are we now classing the likes of Motherwell as a bigger game / team?

One goal against the bheasts this season doesn't constitute 'doing it against bigger teams' imo.