Matt Gilks in Scottish Sun

K.A.I

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lot of absolute shite.

Careful mate you don't want to upset BA, he might get his armed bodyguard from Moscow over to sort you out. You know the one with, and I quote "The long black leather coat and carries two Stechkin automatic pistols. They'd fuckng tear you apart"  :guns:

:lol:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wilberforce1 said:

Bullshit. For people like you it would not matter when they spoke about thier time at Rangers.

Alnwick could be bumping his gums in the papers tomorrow, saying what an arse Murty is.  You'll you be giving it "He shouldn't be undermining the man in charge"

I don't imagine for one second that Gilks or Bell phoned up and said "Hey, do you want the inside story?". The papers will have approached them - possibly about unrelated matters - and used that to weasel in some questions about their time at Rangers.

People like me? No I wouldn't actually but thanks for trying to guess what goes on in my mind.

Just now, OhW said:

Shown it in what sense? 

In a did n_ismith, l_fferty, mcgr_gor, mccoist or weir show being a Rangers fan actually make any difference sort of a sense. Actions speak louder than words and for all Halliday being a Rangers fan it doesn't bring him anything more to the team.

19 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

I agree he should have had a bit more of a chance but using the fact he scored an offside goal to justify it is mental :lol: 

Not exactly, i don't know why he was dropped but the fact he got a goal disallowed should've meant he shouldn't have been dropped.

If it had been counted it would've been 3 goals in 2 league matches and he'd go on a bit of a run with his confidence pretty high. Instead he'll feel shit now because he can't get a game full stop. 

10 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I find it astonishing that anyone can look at our current squad and then dismiss comments from the likes of Bell and Gilks as just bitter comments from ex players.

For the most part, they're confirming our suspicions. Gilks more so than Bell was taken for a fool. He should've been played more especially after the 5-1 loss to the taigs. 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Not exactly, i don't know why he was dropped but the fact he got a goal disallowed should've meant he shouldn't have been dropped.

If it had been counted it would've been 3 goals in 2 league matches and he'd go on a bit of a run with his confidence pretty high. Instead he'll feel shit now because he can't get a game full stop. 

Fuck off :lol: 

Garner was fantastic in the next two games which were our best two results this season anyway

41 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Defo, but which one of his two left feet or both?

Awful patter.

30 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Oh yes he was...

Absolutely fuckin not.

15 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Careful mate you don't want to upset BA, he might get his armed bodyguard from Moscow over to sort you out. You know the one with, and I quote "The long black leather coat and carries two Stechkin automatic pistols. They'd fuckng tear you apart"  :guns:

:lol:

The Donald will be after me.

13 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

:lol: A far better keeper than Fod. Jesus, it wasn't even close. 

Up there with the shite Sweetheart talks in the manager/Dof thread 

3 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

For the most part, they're confirming our suspicions. Gilks more so than Bell was taken for a fool. He should've been played more especially after the 5-1 loss to the taigs. 

No he shouldn't have.

Foderingham done fuck all wrong.

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

You seem to be arguing against a point I didn't make. My original point was that some people on here actually seem to view being a Rangers supporter as a negative when it comes to our players,. 

Aye you're right. 

Tho I do think most think it doesn't added anything and not that it's a negative. 

I have only read the headline, but surely we can remember the lack of fight/desire in our team as back as the cup final last year where we were beaten by a team who wanted it more than we did.

I think both ex goalkeepers are not far off the mark, whether it is sour grapes or not that is a different argument IMO. 

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Should have kept his place in the team after the game at Hampden. 

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we had played Foderingham in goals that day that we would have taken another hammering. 

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Fod had absolutely nothing to do with each one of those goals.

Gets a bad rep because he's asked to play the ball out from the back and some of our fans some aren't used to it/can't accept it.

In my experience it always seems to be the older ones who think a keeper should just punt the baw up the park as far as they can instead of actually trying to start attacks.

2 minutes ago, lazza1873 said:

Fod had absolutely nothing to do with each one of those goals.

Gets a bad rep because he's asked to play the ball out from the back and some of our fans some aren't used to it/can't accept it.

In my experience it always seems to be the older ones who think a keeper should just punt the baw up the park as far as they can instead of actually trying to start attacks.

I like the way we play the ball out of the goalkeeper - we've two fast, attacking full backs (if nothing else) so it's a good tactic 

when I used to play football I was a midfielder but I always made a point of coming deep and wide and giving the keeper the option of me to start it running into space and picking a forward pass rather than a 50-50 punt 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Why are him and Bell's messages ignored all because they were sub goalie's? it's alarming what they are saying even if I'm the first to say myself it has more of an effect and can raise awareness and maybe bring change when they're actually at the club.

It doesn't make what they're saying wrong now they've moved on and is still relevant as the players with no fight or balls are still going to be in that same dressing room tomorrow night. 

You can tell by their statements that what they are telling isn't said out of spite, it's obviously something they've been concerned about and wanted to mention for a while but couldn't. It doesn't read like your typical "I've left Rangers now ill give them a dog in the papers" statements.

Everyone can see what they're saying is true too. 

Just now, Willis said:

You can tell by their statements that what they are telling isn't said out of spite, it's obviously something they've been concerned about and wanted to mention for a while but couldn't. It doesn't read like your typical "I've left Rangers now ill give them a dog in the papers" statements.

Everyone can see what they're saying is true too. 

I do totally get others when they say why say it now tho .. I agree would be nice to hear it at the time and bring pressure or even change 

Just now, OhW said:

It's just not the done thing though. Players would probably be worried about getting a reputation for running to the press behind the manager's back. It's more likely that they would just leak info anonymously.

Yeah and imagine them trying to get moves and other managers thinking fuck signing them ... it's a tough one 

10 minutes ago, OhW said:

I think all that's happened to us is we got the chance to see what footballers are really like when the shit hits the fan. For example, if Liverpool had gone into admin and been demoted to League 2, I think Gerrard and Carragher would have jumped ship. Are we simply holding our ex-players to a standard that nobody could meet? Lee McCulloch stuck around but I dare say if he were younger he would have bailed too. Same goes for the likes of Andy Little if he was actually good enough to get a deal elsewhere.

I think Bayern do it right regarding ex-players and staff. I wonder if Bayern fans moan about "jobs for the boys".

Off topic, sorry. 

Buffon and del piero at juve, there are still some. 

29 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Fuck off :lol: 

Garner was fantastic in the next two games which were our best two results this season anyway

Rob Kiernan got a goal from a free kick from Tavernier and McKay got a goal after a throw in from Wallace. 

Garner assisted miller in his goal vs aberdeen and Hodson was assisted by McKay 

Garner had a good presence, but he failed in his job as a striker. Those two games flatter McKay more who got a goal and an assist while Garner only got an assist despite him being a 1.8m "striker". 

24 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Should have kept his place in the team after the game at Hampden. 

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that if we had played Foderingham in goals that day that we would have taken another hammering. 

Fod isn't as bad I mean the back line didn't exactly help things either but I'd say Gilks should've been used more than what he was. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Rob Kiernan got a goal from a free kick from Tavernier and McKay got a goal after a throw in from Wallace. 

Garner had a good presence, but he failed in his job as a striker. Those two games flatter McKay more who got a goal and an assist while Garner only got an assist despite him being a 1.8m "striker". 

He never 'failed'. I dont care how many he scored or assisted he battered their defences and was a big art of us winning.

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Fod isn't as bad I mean the back line didn't exactly help things either but I'd say Gilks should've been used more than what he was. 

I don't think the defence are always to blame tbh. Happy to be corrected on this but off the top of my head I can't think of another keeper we've had who has been beaten by hit and hope efforts from distance as often as he has.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don't think the defence are always to blame tbh. Happy to be corrected on this but off the top of my head I can't think of another keeper we've had who has been beaten by hit and hope efforts from distance as often as he has.

The only goals, this season, off the top of my head that I can think he should've done better with is Hearts - 4th- and maybe Morton.