Clint Hill - third would be a success

K.A.I

Headlines are designed to draw you in and often take the words of a person out of context, especially where the DR is concerned.

Try reading his quotes before having a go at him.

"With the current situation the club is in, and the situation is has been in for the last five years, then I think it would be, yes, unfortunately," said Hill, who has recovered from a head injury ahead of Wednesday's visit of St Johnstone.

"This club is built on success and winning things, and in any other circumstances being third is not a success.

"But at the moment, where the club is, and the difficulties they have been in, I think getting a European spot would be counted as a success.

"It was always European qualification that was one of the objectives this season.

"Unfortunately we have let Aberdeen slip away from us a little bit.  It's still not over by any means.  We still have to play them twice.

"But European qualification was one of the main aims and objectives this season."

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

We need to get this kind of thinking and mindset right the fuck out of our club.As well as out of some of our own fanbase.My expectations for us is to always be number one.It won't always happen but if it doesn't then second should never be seen as a success.God help us if our own players are happy with 3rd!!!Thats basically sickening and embarrassing!

Remember where we've came from was the cry.

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

Headlines are designed to draw you in and are often taking the words of a person out of context, especially where the DR is concerned.

Try reading his quotes before having a go at him.

What a lot of shite I read the article fully before making the thread cos I knew some smart arse would say that 

he says clearly what it says In headline 

So according to Murty the players have set a target for 2nd, and Clint suggests 3d is acceptable. 

Sounds like our communications ain't working well. 

And the board ? Still struggling to understand the concept of communication and probably  waiting for the correct spelling of communication from our PR department before they take the concept on board. 

Edit, fuxache so quote and most of this thread bollocks apparently, why don't people just ignore the daily rebel, stop buying it and let it die.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

What a lot of shite I read the article fully before making the thread cos I knew some smart arse would say that 

he says clearly what it says In headline 

Yes, he does, but not in the context you or the DR are desperate for it to be in.

6 minutes ago, tannerall said:

So according to Murty the players have set a target for 2nd, and Clint suggests 3d is acceptable. 

Sounds like our communications ain't working well. 

And the board ? Still struggling to understand the concept of communication and probably  waiting for the correct spelling of communication from our PR department before they take the concept onboard. 

This is the new form of communication from RFC directors

IMG_0015.JPG

2nd is a disaster, though expected.

3rd is utterly embarrasing, a huge failure and anyone who even privately thinks differently shouldn't be at the club in any capacity whatsoever.

No fucking wonder there is no fight, when the players are resigned to this pish.

There's a lesson in this for King, Robertson, Dickson, and the Board.  And the new DOF and Head Coach.  And the players.

It is fundamentally not acceptable to go into the start of a season boasting about going for 55 .......only for (eventually and long into the season)  Warburton to come clean with his snarky statement about nobody said when.   We had the 'highly competitive' assertion.  We had the Chairman saying a ceiling of ambition of 2nd was good enough this season and adding a floor of success being EL football.   Now here we are virtually into March and we have a player watering the whole thing down to the objective being just to qualify for Europe.  

For next season the messaging from King, Roberston, DOF and Head Coach needs to be fundamentally clearer and set out in plain language so there is no mistaking what the measures of success are to be.  Not couched in glossy, vague 'it can mean what we want it to mean' terms.    Failure to do that may yet adversely affect ST holders appetite to renew even if stellar names are appointed as DOF and Head Coach. 

The problem will be one of trust in believing that they say what they mean in clear plain terms, and that they go on and do what they said they'd do in such a way that if they succeed we all celebrate and if they don't we at least see a management team and first team that is patently trying its very best and fighting for the jersey. 

1 minute ago, FSM said:

I've read Clint's quotes and it really doesn't come across that he'll be popping champagne corks if we end up third, more that a European place would be a welcome consolation if we do end up there.

Aye but @K.A.I think he's daft uld cunt wank and he's fucking shite and should fuck off back down south because he's a shite wank cunt.

Taken from his Presser and manipulated by the Haters

Said all he could about chasing 2nd spot and fighting to peg back points

Any wonder the answers are so sterile and repetitive, any little angle the enemy can get to stick the knife in

Fuck them, give them Baz every week until this season is over