Clint Hill - third would be a success

K.A.I

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hill's comments seem to have provoked the Club to put out an extact of a Murty interview at 4pm today where Murty asserts up front "GRAEME MURTY believes the Rangers players’ target of finishing second and reaching the Cup Final is still a ‘realistic’ aim for this season."

Perhaps a bit of an attempt to act as a fire extinguisher to put out the beginnings of a blaze where the Hill message is seen to be yet another lowering of standards, or maybe just a bit of an attempt at damage limitation. 

It would be good if Murty and the Invisible Unnamed Mentors could get the team to start winning games and shift the focus away from players opining to the media on what they think the targets are at the Club.  

3 minutes ago, Tigster said:

Hi,  a bit off topic but I wanted to check the papers.

maybe just me but phone, while opening dr online, doesn't let me view the individual articles.

seems to work on all other sites.

any advice welcome 

tigs

Yes. 

Type "where to buy a new phone" into Google

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

We definitely need investment if we have any hope of winning the league but why would third be all we can hope for at current investment levels when we significantly outspend the likes of Aberdeen?

Well let's see:  we have a mediocre squad, many of who it will cost money to replace and no manager.  If we hope to attract a decent quality manager the board will have to entice him with at least the semblance of a war chest.  

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Well let's see:  we have a mediocre squad, many of who it will cost money to replace and no manager.  If we hope to attract a decent quality manager the board will have to entice him with at least the semblance of a war chest.  

That mediocre squad have outplayed the team sitting in second twice this season. One harsh defeat and one victory. It won't take much money to overcome Aberdeen, just a manager that has half a clue what he's doing.

55 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hate Hate Hate Hate HATE!!!!

You are like one of those kids toys that when you pull the string from their back they come out with the same old generic bullshit response.

A parody is being too kind.

I'd rather be a parody than someone who thinks ranting is supporting! It's quite pathetic how some pretend usecthe excuse they 'care' to justify the vitriol they spout against players, managers and the club. 

Strange the hullabaloo over this Record piece when the presser was yesterday and both were discussed in the Bears Den. The mhedia spin has worked a trick with some of the comments in the thread. Hill was asked if the season would be a success if they still managed Euro Qualification. Hill responded, that given how the season has panned out that qualifying would be considered a success at this stage. With many fans having already thrown in the towel, I think his statement is pretty realistic.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So it's going for 55, no wait

Lower the Bar

Its a comfortable second, no wait

Lower the Bar

Its European Football by finishing 3rd. no wait 

No that one should be ok. ??

Clusterfuck is being nice about the board and players. 

I get your point that the goalposts have changed from the early-season "going for 55" campaign but it seems the current aim is definitely for second. Still not good enough but aim isn't third.

This article was put online today.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/targets-still-realistic/

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So it's going for 55, no wait

Lower the Bar

Its a comfortable second, no wait

Lower the Bar

Its European Football by finishing 3rd. no wait 

No that one should be ok. ??

Clusterfuck is being nice about the board and players. 

I get your point that the goalposts have changed from the early-season "going for 55" campaign but it seems the current aim is definitely for second. Still not good enough but aim isn't third.

This article was put online today.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/targets-still-realistic/

One thing that can be possibly be learned from this season in particular is that we cannot say we are budgeting better than 90 odd per cent of the clubs in this league and say we are trying to achieve second, or that we would be expected to be a "good" second. This club has to, in every way both on and off the park, seek to be first, and a team capable of a chance of first has to be assembled. You cannot achieve second, it's not possible; it's like saying that you are planning to come as runners up in a cup competition- how do you even plan for second; do you give yourself a certain amount of matches where you look to win, and add in others that you think you'll lose? Rangers has to be within a realistic chance of winning the league; that is the way the club has always been and this summer there has to be a credible attempt to play the next league campaign in order to win it. It's a mighty task, but where else can this club be? That brings us to the next manager and who that will be, and it brings us to the budget they will get; and hopefully those points are factored in right away, in the short term as well as the long term.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

On the Record website ... honestly fuck off back to QPR ya old cunt - no wonder the 2 ex goalies are saying we've no fight when the narrative keeps changing from going for 55 to second to third is success to justify the failures as we go 

we've no cunt that deserves to be here. See if we were awash with cash like the 90's out of principle I'd happily make a point of throwing 3 or 4 million into the pot and just wiping the lot off the books (exception Fod so no one can accuse me of saying one thing in ref the Gilks thread) 

This is because we had to clear the decks, signed players who clearly didn't get it along with a manager out of his depth.

Jock Wallace would've kicked them up and down the auld Septic End if he'd read this shite.

We signed players who are not inbred winners or that do not seem to have the ability to catalyse into one.

These players have come here thinking all they had to do was waltz out in front of 50,000 and they were made, the older heads were to help them, it's turned into a farce.

Forgive me but was Barton right ?

I've had to take a few days away from the forum completely sick of the players. Dnt even know wot to hink now put all my money into rangers and scrape by making away games but seen no fight, no ambition nothing from the players. Feel like a right moany bastard but it's embarssing.

will never turn my back on the club but im starting to hate some of the players.

I didn't want to say this but I want Walter bk just to the end of the season. I know in gonna get told let him enjoy his retirement but all we need is to get oot this season fighting like men. 

Never said I will ever fear playing the taigs but I'm dreading the game now.

9 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Doesn't obviously know what it means to play for us,did nobody brief him on history of the club?

He doesn't and wasn't. In an RTV quiz when asked who we beat in the ECWC final in Barcelona he had no idea. Whoever was next to him didn't know either. Might have been Wes but can't really remember.

:megaanguish:

Every player that signs for us should have a three or four day orientation of our club at Ibrox and be tested on it.  80% pass mark required before they're allowed to train at Auchenhowie

I've always thought that winning the game was successful. In fact being first is the only success I want for my team. Second, or runners up, is just the first loser. No Rangers player should be coming out with what they think a successful season is, unless, of course, they're doing an interview just after winning the treble, yet again.

The worst thing about all this nonsense is that we're not even good enough to be second best to the scum. 

Note to ALL Rangers players... SHUT THE FUCK UP! DO YOUR TALKING ON THE PITCH!

In the context of where we are sitting now, I would be happy if the season finished right now. 

With Murty in charge 3 rd place is no certainty. 3rd place should not be considered a success when one takes into account we are Rangers, but our standards have dropped massively over the last few years. I remember the flak Ally McCoist received when he turned up on the Touchline in a tracksuit instead of a jacket and tie. We now have a manager who thought it acceptable to roll around on the ground. I am not blaming Murty- but he should not be there and who is actually managing him- particularly with regards to the Standards expected. 

The only positives at the moment are 1) Aberdeen are not great- this team if properly managed/led does have the capability to beat them. 2) Hearts since Cathro took over are now looking as lost as we are. If we do get someone in quickly, who has the ability to steady the ship- 2nd place would be still doable, and 3rd place should be a certain minimum goal. 

However if Murty stays, and Hearts get their act together, then even 3rd place could be a hard ask. When one considers where St Johnstone are lurking at the moment- I would not want to put money on us staying ahead of them either, based on how we are currently performing/ placed/ led. I can only begin to guess at the current state of morale in our squad at the moment. Isolated but not insulated- No Management, no obvious support from the Board (King has publicly criticised the Manager for his recruitment- they must feel unwanted and on borrowed time), and now unsurprisingly feeling the wrath of the fans. 

its not easy supporting Rangers these days. So would 3rd place be a "success"? The problem is the word success- actually 3rd place is the realistic target for us in our current situation. Let's hope Dave King and Co rapidly change that situation.

13 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Live scenes of K.A.I

Capture.PNG

Pictures of a spastic when you can't even read very good ya beast. 

I went out last night so couldn't follow this up but you, FSM, Soze, Siddiqi and Sweetheart ... he says quite clearly that in other circumstances third wouldn't be an achievement but he'd consider it one. 

Do you's know what that even means? He's saying right now he'd take it. 

Theres no debate there. That's what he said. Clear as day. 

Forget what he said before that about the club being built on success the fact is he still reached the conclusion that third is now an achievement - there's no denying that but you little bunch will still deny that anyway - fuck knows why. 

Come back and try to say to me he means something different again - go for it. 

Crack pots :lol: 

1 hour ago, Beaujolais said:

In the context of where we are sitting now, I would be happy if the season finished right now. 

With Murty in charge 3 rd place is no certainty. 3rd place should not be considered a success when one takes into account we are Rangers, but our standards have dropped massively over the last few years. I remember the flak Ally McCoist received when he turned up on the Touchline in a tracksuit instead of a jacket and tie. We now have a manager who thought it acceptable to roll around on the ground. I am not blaming Murty- but he should not be there and who is actually managing him- particularly with regards to the Standards expected. 

The only positives at the moment are 1) Aberdeen are not great- this team if properly managed/led does have the capability to beat them. 2) Hearts since Cathro took over are now looking as lost as we are. If we do get someone in quickly, who has the ability to steady the ship- 2nd place would be still doable, and 3rd place should be a certain minimum goal. 

However if Murty stays, and Hearts get their act together, then even 3rd place could be a hard ask. When one considers where St Johnstone are lurking at the moment- I would not want to put money on us staying ahead of them either, based on how we are currently performing/ placed/ led. I can only begin to guess at the current state of morale in our squad at the moment. Isolated but not insulated- No Management, no obvious support from the Board (King has publicly criticised the Manager for his recruitment- they must feel unwanted and on borrowed time), and now unsurprisingly feeling the wrath of the fans. 

its not easy supporting Rangers these days. So would 3rd place be a "success"? The problem is the word success- actually 3rd place is the realistic target for us in our current situation. Let's hope Dave King and Co rapidly change that situation.

Can't agree with that at all - where's the fight and standards? 

We'll finish second ... conceding that right now is disgusting imo especially from senior players