Clint Hill - third would be a success

K.A.I

11 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Footballers are notably not very bright.  Clint Hill, Kenny Miller and to a lesser extent Lee Wallace are the only players in the squad that look like they don't like losing. That tells you they're winners...losing hurts.  Anyone that loses sleep over a pap honey trap when the evidence on the pitch points in an entirely different direction is quite gullible....in my opinion. As my old maw used to say, words are just words, judge people by their actions.

They're fuck all on that too then .. aswell as their media skills and their ambitions for the club. Nae good. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

They're fuck on that too then .. aswell as their media skills and their ambitions for the club. Nae good. 

Well, I'll agree with you there.  I don't think Hill is good enough, but is the best we have right now in the position and one of the few I see as leaders/winners in the squad.  

The fact he's been led by the pap into saying stuff that can be turned into a sensational story and get Rangers fans frothing means nothing to me. Paps are professional at manipulating interviews and getting things out of people that they can quote in a certain way, or even better get them to say something controversial is exactly what they do.  Add in footballers are thick then it's easy meat if the player isn't on guard.  

The story means nothing because the evidence with Hill on the pitch says something different.  Now, if it was Kiernan that said that...:duh:

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

Well, I'll agree with you there.  I don't think Hill is good enough, but is the best we have right now in the position and one of the few I see as leaders/winners in the squad.  

The fact he's been led by the pap into saying stuff that can be turned into a sensational story and get Rangers fans frothing means nothing to me. Paps are professional at manipulating interviews and getting things out of people that they can quote in a certain way, or even better get them to say something controversial is exactly what they do.  Add in footballers are thick then it's easy meat if the player isn't on guard.  

The story means nothing because the evidence with Hill on the pitch says something different.  Now, if it was Kiernan that said that...:duh:

If you watch the clip on RTV mate he's not trapped in any way, he's relaxed and expands on it and then says about third being an achievement. It's not a grilling or a media trip-up. 

It wouldn't even be a good third place though would it?  You know like 3rd place at the World Cup or the EPL- they can by some teams be considered an achievement.  3rd in Scotland?? It's a fucking disaster and unforgivable. 

This actually reminds me of mccoist in the championship when trailing hearts by 9 points he then came out with "it's promotion that matters".  Taking away the emphasis of Rangers always striving for 1st place in any competition.   We've now gone from #goingfor55 and to highly competitive to strong 2nd to 3rd.  

Anyone who agrees with that should be shot in the face

Not sure how much he actually meant it, but I think it shows weak-mindedness that he even considered it. He should've straight up said they weren't even thinking about 3rd - but it is clear that they have all downed tools and couldn't give a fuck what they say or do. 

3 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Not sure how much he actually meant it, but I think it shows weak-mindedness that he even considered it. He should've straight up said they weren't even thinking about 3rd - but it is clear that they have all downed tools and couldn't give a fuck what they say or do. 

Our players don't have the guts or the brains or the will to even make it look like we want to win.

Its like they feel like they've been thru some huge struggle and deserve a break and that the pressures off now that winning the league is out the picture.

The only thing that will bring me any joy at all this season will be finishing 2nd as well as possible, beating Hearts and the sheep and stopping the taigs undefeated run. Anything else is a complete failure. And the players should be worrying about their jobs instead of patting each other on the back! 

51 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

This is the Davie Weir said we wouldn't compete with £100m all over again

People need to read beyond the title of the article 

Why's this line still getting punted as if no-ones read the article or watched the clip on RTV? or even read the Rangers Tweets on it? 

When someone from Rangers makes a cunt of it just blame the media..... 

Lost a lot of respect for Hill after comments like that. 

Sums up the club at the moment. You can almost forgive ability but you can't forgive the lack of fight, passion and mental ability. There are plenty of players over the years who lacked ability but had the other 3. 

This shower of embarrassments have none of the above. This is what happens when you buy mediocrity, you end up becoming that. 

Bar Mckay and Foderingham I'd happily let every other player leave 

I don't read the Record anymore even online so I have no idea if Hill was entrapped, taken out of context or whatever.

With that said, anyone at our club who views 3rd as a success should agree to wage adjustments immediately to bring them in line with that of a third place Scottish team. At this current moment than means being on less than Aberdeen's players for the respective positions. Somehow I can't imagine anyone at this club agreeing to that and thus they should get second in the league and not go out of the cup to anyone bar them across the city before finding new employment in the Summer because they are not good enough first and foremost. 

4 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Are the ones saying it's all about the media and theres nothing to see here the same ones that played down Warburton's nonsense in the media in his last few weeks?

Quotes can actually tell you a lot about attitude 

After the 5-1 game 

"It's a game of football,nobody has died".

As much as a like Hill and think he's a solid pro his comments pretty much some up our squad at the minute. There is a lot of journeymen who have won nothing in their careers and these types of comments show the mentality of a player who has spent their days at the likes of QPR and other lower level Englidh clubs.

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Can't agree with that at all - where's the fight and standards? 

We'll finish second ... conceding that right now is disgusting imo especially from senior players 

I hope you are correct. I just don't see any leadership at Ibrox these days. I would love to see the standards of yesteryear return.