Toral.

1 hour ago, WilliamMunny said:

Different players mate. Ones a no nonsense solid defensive midfielder, the others a classy slick creative attacking mid 

If one was a no nonsense solid defensive midfielder, then we wouldnt be desperate for one for the past 18 months.  I do agree they have very different styles.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are absolutely shite. The guys in the transfer forum were telling us he's a player and not to worry about how he couldn't get a game for Granada or whatever 2-bob Spanish team it was.

Utter garbage. 

Thank God we've got one midfield signing right in some capacity, even if it's a loan in Hyndman. 

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

Wow.  I thought he had a good game and won almost every tackle he went into and broke up the play well.  Maybe I'm wrong though. 

Thought after he settled he played  well. Missed a sitter with his header though.  

may have said it before on here, but given the postion we are in at the moment where we dont have a DM, well we do but he lives on the treatment table. I honestly think it would be worth a try (not saying it would work) to play danny Wilson in there, he is not a brilliant defender but i think he has a very good range of passing and is good on the ball. Have him in there he is more physical than anyone else we have, and is a defender (granted not a fanstastic one) have him in there just splitting attacks, cutting out the passing lanes and winning balls in the air, and do nothing but sit about 15 yards in front of the centre halves. IMO he would be better here than Holiday, or toral

9 minutes ago, kyleh1872 said:

may have said it before on here, but given the postion we are in at the moment where we dont have a DM, well we do but he lives on the treatment table. I honestly think it would be worth a try (not saying it would work) to play danny Wilson in there, he is not a brilliant defender but i think he has a very good range of passing and is good on the ball. Have him in there he is more physical than anyone else we have, and is a defender (granted not a fanstastic one) have him in there just splitting attacks, cutting out the passing lanes and winning balls in the air, and do nothing but sit about 15 yards in front of the centre halves. IMO he would be better here than Holiday, or toral

Hey - that's the sort of thing a  Manager  might try if he noticed we were struggling defensively. Hope one day we get a Manager and maybe we'll see changes like that?

29 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

We've tried everyone in the DM role so for me we have to try Wilson. Simply because he naturally stays back and most of the time has a great range of passing

What do we have to lose?

This is not true.

Nightmare first half - sitter of a free header, that backheel, lack of pace and desire tracking a runner nearly cost us a goal. 

He was fine second half, moved the ball quicker and actually stuck a couple of challenges in. 

Hes never in a million years a holding midfielder, in fact he's the opposite and wants to be close to the strikers. To say Halliday is a better player is fucking stupid. 

12 hours ago, tannerall said:

I thought he really matured tonight before tiring.Started off terrible, but as the game went on he was really getting to grips with the game and some of his positioning and passing was superb. 

Obvious he prefers to play the Spanish way with movement, making space and passing, rather than the Scotish mentality of "never mind the ball, let's get on with the midfield battle" attitude.

Arteta was the same when he first came here, and we saw it in Zelalem too. They both improved once they toughened up a bit (although Zelalem was still unsure a bit about the physical side), and I expect Toral to do the same.

(Edit: Just realised all three mentioned there were at Arsenal.)

Yeah, this.

After the first 15 minutes I thought 'this guy is a nightmare'. But to be fair to him, despite the screams he was getting from the stand, he steadied. I thought thereafter he had a good game. He passed it quite well and looked composed. He was also putting the tackles about quite well, so I don't know where the 'he can't tackle' is coming from. Much, much better than I've seen from Halliday.

The lad looks like he could come on to a game for us given a chance.

1 hour ago, MelbourneBlue said:

Hey - that's the sort of thing a  Manager  might try if he noticed we were struggling defensively. Hope one day we get a Manager and maybe we'll see changes like that?

ahah very true, believe i was shortlisted but still not heard anything yet! 

11 hours ago, GOAT said:

Wow.  I thought he had a good game and won almost every tackle he went into and broke up the play well.  Maybe I'm wrong though. 

I think you're in the wrong thread, possibly even the wrong forum. This is another one of those "(Insert name here) is fucking pish/liability/embarassing/taig/cunt and should be sold/shot/buried alive/hit by a bus/thrown of a bridge/drowned/tied to railway tracks/beaten to death etc rather than pull on a rangers jersey ever again" threads

Still can't believe the OP thinks Halliday is better but. I'm not saying Toral is anything special but come on to fuck, Halliday is one of the worst midfielders I've seen for Rangers in the SPL

And I genuinely can't believe someone just called him a "no nonsense solid defensive midfielder" .. Have you watched him? He goes down screaming anytime he goes in for a 50/50 and gives the ball away most of the game, gets bullied off Dundee and Inverness players. He's the polar-opposite of a solid defensive midfielder :lol: 

He kids on he's a pure die-hard Rangers man but so it's cool, even though he didn't know the last time we won a treble, doesn't strike me as a die hard Rangers fan at all. He done well to get his move and earn a decent pay-day for a semi-pro level midfielder.