Some credit - some -- to Murty?

Kiernan should never have started today and Dodoo would have put away Garner's chances. BUT - compared to MW - at least:

- he subbed off a forward and put on a defender, recognising the importance of trying to protect the points

- he made the right decision and took Toral off when he was blowing his chips near the end.

Such was MW's lack of tactical nous that I honestly don't even think he would have managed that.

6 minutes ago, Torontoblue76 said:

Kiernan should never have started today and Dodoo would have put away Garner's chances. BUT - compared to MW - at least:

- he subbed off a forward and put on a defender, recognising the importance of trying to protect the points

- he made the right decision and took Toral off when he was blowing his chips near the end.

Such was MW's lack of tactical nous that I honestly don't even think he would have managed that.

Lot of shite.

Just normal decisions that any decent manager would make. Nothing special about it, but it does show how bad MW was when it merits a mention. MW would not have brought on Wilson. He would have carried on with a defender less and goodness knows what the outcome would have been.

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Just normal decisions that any decent manager would make. Nothing special about it, but it does show how bad MW was when it merits a mention. MW would not have brought on Wilson. He would have carried on with a defender less and goodness knows what the outcome would have been.

exactly what I mean.

I kid you not but when he subbed on Wilson for Waghorn I said to my son "if he had to take off a forward (which I agree he had to) then he'd be better taking Garner back off again" , Waghorn was causing problems for a change, and then Garner does his usual missing a sitter and I'm sitting with a smug look on my face thinking, case dismissed.

I realize GM would never have thought of doing that but I honestly think that is what should have been done, harsh I know but hey ho!!.

Na, when kiernan got sent off you could see him huffing and puffing, shaking his head looking completely deflated. Players don't need to turn round a see a toddler throwing it's toys out the pram

6 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

I kid you not but when he subbed on Wilson for Waghorn I said to my son "if he had to take off a forward (which I agree he had to) then he'd be better taking Garner back off again" , Waghorn was causing problems for a change, and then Garner does his usual missing a sitter and I'm sitting with a smug look on my face thinking, case dismissed.

I realize GM would never have thought of doing that but I honestly think that is what should have been done, harsh I know but hey ho!!.

I was screaming the exact same thing. Murty deserves no credit. He re-instates Kiernan, perseveres with Tav & has Garner anywhere near the team ffs. Obviously MW felt obliged to feature him after spunking all that money on him.

1 hour ago, cp9 said:

Na, when kiernan got sent off you could see him huffing and puffing, shaking his head looking completely deflated. Players don't need to turn round a see a toddler throwing it's toys out the pram

He was out kicking every ball from the touch line and constantly shouting instructions to the team.

So what,  we  went down to 10 men and he showed some emotion, the main thing is he acted swiftly and we we went on to deservedly win the game a man down.

Do you think it would have helped the players if he had just sat in the dug out?

7 hours ago, Torontoblue76 said:

Toral should have been booked after 3 minutes

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Clueless. 

Decisions like that are what should be expected of any average manager

Clueless, but also the same as most average managers? 

Got all the decisions correct yesterday. And we won scored 3 goals for the first time in a while, and we won. 

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Clueless, but also the same as most average managers? 

Got all the decisions correct yesterday. And we won scored 3 goals for the first time in a while, and we won. 

this. Wilson for Kiernan will be another improvement on Saturday IMO. Now all he needs to do is play Dodoo instead of Waggy, and find a CDM from thin air, and we are as good as we can be at the moment with these players...

16 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

In fairness he is not a manager - he is a development coach and the sooner he is back doing that job the better for all concerned, meanwhile he deserves if not our praise, at least our support

On 02/03/2017 at 1:05 AM, Torontoblue76 said:

Agree with that. Was thinking at the time, the hat would have subbed O' halloran for Hill or the like. Don't even know if he was a sub but you get the gist.

Not a clue.

60 minute subs are gone, thank fuck. Football is reactive, not on a spreadsheet.