McKays turn

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's the only player I'd keep after this season.

Lot of people tend to forget the boy's only 22 and the best young talent we've had at Ibrox in years.

He'll only get better.

:tu:

He ran the show last night .... and seemed to be enjoying his roving role ... I think that's what made the difference mate ... more players to pick out rather than a hit or miss cross as the end product ... him and Hyndman were by far the best on the park last night.

:UK: 

4 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Oduwa ..... (member him), finds this delightful ..... :lol:

What a shambles that was from the media regarding oduwa :lol:

yet they were all over the billion dollar man dembele disrespecting the Inverness goalie when a was glancing through the rags this morning 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Good post Bud ..... and it mirror's my thoughts about Barrie .... last night was one of his finer performances ... he seemed to be everywhere.

I also agree about Hyndman ... big talent in the making there ... but a few passes went astray as you say ... just as well we won last night then, Eh? ..... and his winner was a corker .... I must also mention the atmosphere, and our support were brilliant and really up for it last night, and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt .... right to the death ... how important they were .... 'cause even though we were a man down, the support just decided ... fuck that ... it was magic .... :lol:

I was sitting alongside a chap who was with the guy who sits beside me (he has two seats) he was up from London and is a Spurs fan and I had a good night chatting to him. When it went 2 -1  and you know who got sent off he said to me why are the fans not wanting the team to close it down and try and see it out :happy: I tried my best to explain as best I could that once our players passed the halfway line we expected a goal, no matter how many players we had on the pitch. :lol:

I sit in SE3 now and as soon as the ball fell to Hyndman I thought I think he will score, and he did not let us down. I hope we can maybe keep him for another season because he and Barrie are great to have in the team. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, montana100 said:

He plays one in seven good games and we have people in Barry heaven. He ain't consistent enough and must do better. Hopefully the new manager will bring consistency with his play.

When he is playing in the channels left or right ... I agree he has indifferent games more times than not mate ... but last night you could see the value of him .... and yes, hopefully the new manager will bring the consistency he needs to improve his game ... his movement around the front of midfield last night was a big improvement though ..... you have to give all us Barrie fans that at least ... :lol:

8 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

What a shambles that was from the media regarding oduwa :lol:

yet they were all over the billion dollar man dembele disrespecting the Inverness goalie when a was glancing through the rags this morning 

Bunch of cunts the lot of them mate ..... :garnerheader:  .......  this event over their shit hole would be too good for them.

There is no doubt McKay has talent but he is a player who plays massively differently depending on his mood and confidence. He looked happier and more relaxed in his play last night and it made a big difference. He is still too quick to put the head down and be ineffective too often for my liking and has had far too many invisible games. 

Hoping a new manager will galvanise him back into action as I would like to see him stay. 

5 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Being chased by a defender. Another defender barring his way to goal. A third defender slide tackling him. He won a corner and did fine.

Davie Cooper would have left them all in his wake and scored.

He's got talent in abundance and gives me high hopes for him, but that consistency needs to improve. I've said before, Wallace plays in his space too often and I don't know if that puts him off or pisses him off. He needs more self belief and stop going into his shell. Start calling the shots making plays and getting cunts out his road.

11 hours ago, theiconicman said:

He's wasted on the wing. Play him central and I think he'd be better than Hyndman  

No he wouldn't be. He hasn't got the brain of hyndman. His stats this season are shocking. They make james Forrests and Jonny Hayes look like rivaldo and that's saying something as they are pish. It will take more than one goal and a nice turn for me to change my mind on him. He's inconsistent and does nothing a LOT more than he gets assists or goals

17 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

No he wouldn't be. He hasn't got the brain of hyndman. His stats this season are shocking. They make james Forrests and Jonny Hayes look like rivaldo and that's saying something as they are pish. It will take more than one goal and a nice turn for me to change my mind on him. He's inconsistent and does nothing a LOT more than he gets assists or goals

Disagree mate. Play Hyndman on the wing and I doubt anyone would be raving about him. 

41 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Disagree mate. Play Hyndman on the wing and I doubt anyone would be raving about him. 

Because Hyndman is not a winger. He's a very intelligent CAM.

Mckay has good feet, not a lot of assists/end product. He is not better than hyndman in CAM and frankly the notion is silly.

7 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

Because Hyndman is not a winger. He's a very intelligent CAM.

Mckay has good feet, not a lot of assists/end product. He is not better than hyndman in CAM and frankly the notion is silly.

My point is McKay is not a winger either. We have no wingers at the club. He would be far better as a CAM  

3 hours ago, theiconicman said:

My point is McKay is not a winger either. We have no wingers at the club. He would be far better as a CAM  

:thumbsup:

This all day long mate .... it was the same against the scum in the SC semi last season .... CAM is his best position ... and as he has not really got a cross in his locker his talents are wasted on either wing.

We have in the past had some great actual wingers from Hubbard, Waddell, Scott, Wilson, Henderson, Cooper ... right up to McCann and (IMO)he was the last real out and out winger able to do the position the credit it deserves ... we have got to stop playing players such as McKay out of position when the results are so evident he is only able to perform to 50% of his ability when out on the wing .... If we can see this ... why the hell can't the people on charge see it also? .... it's pretty clear after all.  

You are either a winger or you are not ..... in McKay's case .... yes he can move from side to side when called .... but his position should be CENTRE ATTACKING MIDFIELDER.

I shouted the last part out in the vain hope that someone will hear and make this a reality in the future, not just with Barrie ... but with all players who get shoehorned into a position that does not benefit the player and subsequently the team ..... :p:

I remember Jimmy Millar used to play as a half back for us .... and he was good in that position ... but was asked to try out the centre forward position ..... this insight from Scot Symon helped get the best out of JM and in turn the Club ... to such an extent Millar's name will be remembered as one of our greatest players ... his strike rate wasn't too shabby either ....:lol: 

Sometimes the most obvious changes don't always bring immediate results .... but some really do .... not attempting to change the situation is what causes stagnation .... for both the player and in turn the team.

PS:- Millar wasn't the only player who changed position for the betterment of the team ... Derek Parlane was another who did the same as JM ... Derek Johnstone going in the other direction from forward to half back .... DJ's was actually great in both positions ... so doubly good for the team .... :tu: