KeyserSoze

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, billsim1984 said:

These appointments are absolutely massive for our immediate future. I only hope the time it's taken means we get it right.

Let's hope it was extra due diligence that's held everything up and not a case of us being underprepared and doing things half-arsed

If the manager is Caxinha then the board are obviously taking a massive gamble as the majority of us haven't even heard of him, not saying that makes him a bad manager but it'd be underwhelming to say the least. I think everyone agrees we would like someone in who knows what Rangers are all about, who knows that you need to win at all costs etc. 

They (the board) need to play their cards right if they want season tickets to be renewed and purchased next season. The new regime need financially backed as well otherwise we could be looking at the same situation in a years time 

5 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Let's hope it was extra due diligence that's held everything up and not a case of us being underprepared and doing things half-arsed

If the manager is Caxinha then the board are obviously taking a massive gamble as the majority of us haven't even heard of him, not saying that makes him a bad manager but it'd be underwhelming to say the least. I think everyone agrees we would like someone in who knows what Rangers are all about, who knows that you need to win at all costs etc. 

They (the board) need to play their cards right if they want season tickets to be renewed and purchased next season. The new regime need financially backed as well otherwise we could be looking at the same situation in a years time 

That's it. McCoist screws it up and we try and build again. Warburton screws it up and we will now have to build again. 

We now need consistent steady progress. 

It won't transform our season of course. We still have the same playing staff.

New ideas and tactics maybe, but no gaurantee that it will improve.  It's a move for our future, so  I don't see any rush till we get the right man. If they have found the man they want, yes, get him in and let the plan begin. No revolution this season though in football terms. Better defenders and finishers for next season is what we need to aim for.

Better to get the DOF and Manager in now IMO and let them assess the squad and identify summer targets. 

The piggery will be a baptism of fire for them and let them see the real (or lack there of) guts of this of this team

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

Although it took months & months to get MW & DW in as our management team, in his OTT and long winded statement King wrote

"We hired, at short notice, a relatively untested management team"

Therefore are these new (soon to be announced, I hope) appointments not at short notice & can they be classed as not a relatively untested management team?