who do you want for Manager out of the names mentioned  

174 members have voted

1. 1. who do you want for Manager out of the names mentioned

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think that unless King has a narrow load of serious cash stashed away, McLiesh is the only viable option. Out of work, Probably not too costly, Knows the Club, Knows what it takes to Win. In normal circumstances he would not be a choice I would want- but I cannot see how the Club can afford to clear out this squad and bring in the sort of players a high profile Manager would want. We need someone happy to endeavour to produce a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Now if there is cash out there, and there is serious intent- then I would love to see Claudio Ranieri at Ibrox. Pie in the Sky stuff I know. 

Out of that list Pedro. McInnes is a bottle merchant plus Aberdeen have said he won't be allowed to leave for us. McLeish is passed it.

Tommy Wright seems to be getting overlooked a lot but if we're going for an uninspiring selection he's a solid choice.

From that list it has to be McInnes for me, not someone I'd be overjoyed with but given the other candidates I feel he'd be the bed fit.

Pedro is an interesting one but I just don't think foreigners are the right fit for the managerial position here with some obvious exceptions, whether people like it or not patience is a virtue which Scottish Football fans (mainly Old Firm fans) do not possess, we've been reared on 2nd is nothing and the patient, methodical style foreign coaches tend to bring to our game isn't something fans tend to buy into, like most fans, if their team is winning they'll put up with it but as soon as it goes wrong fans can be quick to jump on their back with a perceived lack of effort often being cited.

I don't think we have the money to go toe to toe with the tims in terms of style so I want a manager who'll add an aggressive nature to our game, one who'll be direct and one who'll try to hurt teams all game, no let ups, that for me is Derek McInnes' personality.

Pedro is interesting but totally unknown. I agree with an earlier post that mentions Tommy Wright. Not saying he's my number one choice but I'm surprised he's not been mentioned more.

Ultimately it is an uninspiring list and the box office names (Pardew, FdB) won't happen. But surely any of the candidates would improve us and that'd be a start.