Getting Worried

Tom0411

It appears from the press the new manager will be the Portuguese guy.

With this I have a helluva feeling of deja vu. 

We have had PLG who was the new up & coming bees knees manager although had never played at the top level. He was also billed as a sort of Superman by running round the Sarah Desert in a marathon type race

Then we had MW again the new bees knees up & coming manager who never played at the top level. When he worked in the City of London he was a kind of Superman by making great billion pound decisions in split seconds.

Now we might have Pedro the new bees knees up & coming etc etc. and a superman who rescues people from charging bulls.

I just hope I am wrong and if so will gladly admit it if so. But.........

4 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

We have had PLG who was the new up & coming bees knees manager although had never played at the top level. He was also billed as a sort of Superman by running round the Sarah Desert in a marathon type race

Then we had MW again the new bees knees up & coming manager who never played at the top level. When he worked in the City of London he was a kind of Superman by making great billion pound decisions in split seconds.

Now we might have Pedro the new bees knees up & coming etc etc. and a superman who rescues people from charging bulls.

but what....how rude

Your not wrong but that's just the paper pish they do with old-firm managers. Mind the hot shot lawyer Martin O'neill? He was only on the course for a week :mutley:

It's the fact the guy is an outsider with no real pedigree to speak of that puts me off. We don't have time for any more experiments.

Supposedly he and his club have denied we're talking to him. Hopefully true.

1 hour ago, Tom0411 said:

So how many top level games did this man play in ?

billstruth100.jpg

I get the feeling that he is Wilsons choice, surely the DoF should be choosing his head coach or it defeats the purpose of having a DoF if decisions on his staff are coming from the board room?

On that basis surely we only seen Pedro if Wilson signs?

this is just the way I see it so could be well of the mark!

Ally McCoist played at the highest level and in fact had two Golden Boots.  Turned out to be the biggest clown shoe in managerial history.  Another example would be John Barnes and the infamous 4-2-2-2 formation.  So playing the game doesn't mean you know anything about being a manager.

I'm sure there's many examples of very ordinary players having great managerial careers.

It's all about the individual.  If this guy comes in we need to give him a chance and see what he can do.  No need to be negative at this stage the guy hasn't even been appointed yet.

You like the phrase "bees knees" a lot don't you? 

24 minutes ago, jcb said:

But we also had Ally McCoist, our top goalscorer of all time & Scottish internationalist who turned out to be imo the worst manager in our history.

Aye, it's almost as if an individual manager's success, or lack of,  isn't determined by how other people with some similarities have done, eh?

29 minutes ago, jcb said:

But we also had Ally McCoist, our top goalscorer of all time & Scottish internationalist who turned out to be imo the worst manager in our history.

How good you were as a player means absolutely nothing at all when it comes to management.  Absolutely fuck all

3 hours ago, Tom0411 said:

Don't believe the press mate, they have been known to get it wrong and lie.

Who ever takes the job on, we have to be positive and back him accordingly.

51 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Every manager available to us is a gamble

Exactly.  No high flying manager would take over a team in Scotland and I include Rodgers in that.

There's a lot of shite spouted about Rodgers like he's some kind of Messiah.  They guy never won a thing before coming up here and was in fact sacked from his job a few months prior to joining Celtic.  Celtic being runaway winners is due to them spending more in transfers and wages than the rest of the teams in Scottish football combined.  They have no opposition and will of course look like world beaters for as long as that situation is allowed to continue.  Rodgers looks capable but he's be no means the world class manager the media would like to convince us he is.