Players begging for 2 days off

scottyc06

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See when people bitch about how much footballers get paid, and they say how it's a short career so they have to make the money while they can. Well that works both ways: if it's a short career, and they have to make enough money to last a lifetime, then they should be doing enough work to last a lifetime, not demanding 2 days off before a massive game.

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

Everything thats wrong with this shower of shite, aye they've just had a good win today but old firm week & they're raging cos they've got to go in and train for a few hours tomorrow! 

Murty said this after the game:

“The players are a wee bit angry with me as I’ve told them in they are in tomorrow but you have to deal with it and do the right things.

“We’re making sure we get the working week that we like.

“So they will be in tomorrow but off Monday.

“If we’re going to do some work on Tuesday and Wednesday they have to get this game out of their system first.

“They’ve been begging for two days off but it’s more important they are ready to go to work on Tuesday.”

If they want a few days off, let them, but tell them they forfeit their place. I think Murty is correct in bringing them in. Imagine them doing that with Jock Wallace .Standards  are a must.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Everyone saying good stuff, this is rangers tradition while forgetting that smiths squads both times used to fuck off at lunchtime and get rat arsed on a weekly basis

I really struggle to get you pov, you are a fucking weirdo. Damned if you do damned if you dont...bizarre...seem to hate regardless.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Everyone saying good stuff, this is rangers tradition while forgetting that smiths squads both times used to fuck off at lunchtime and get rat arsed on a weekly basis

Protestant work ethic is the Rangers tradition.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

If they want a few days off, let them, but tell them they forfeit their place. I think Murty is correct in bringing them in. Imagine them doing that with Jock Wallace .Standards  are a must.

Jock would have booted balls and made them train anyway. Also, what is this pish with beards/stubble? Clean shaven, suited and booted is the Rangers way.

4 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Everything thats wrong with this shower of shite, aye they've just had a good win today but old firm week & they're raging cos they've got to go in and train for a few hours tomorrow! 

Murty said this after the game:

“The players are a wee bit angry with me as I’ve told them in they are in tomorrow but you have to deal with it and do the right things.

“We’re making sure we get the working week that we like.

“So they will be in tomorrow but off Monday.

“If we’re going to do some work on Tuesday and Wednesday they have to get this game out of their system first.

“They’ve been begging for two days off but it’s more important they are ready to go to work on Tuesday.”

Begging for days off ?????  They should be begging for forgiveness from our fans after the utter mince we have been watching all season.   The way they have been playing you could be excused for thinking they haven't been training at all.

If murty wants them in then they fucking come in and do what he says. No fucking whinging. I'd have the cunts in 7 days a week. At least 8 hours a day. You're playing for Rangers FC, don't forget it. If it's too much then piss off.

Interesting points- Warburton never had a full playing career, Murty has and was captain of Reading at one point. Murty was at a level that he got 4 Scotland caps. Warburton experienced Jock Wallace while he was at Leicester and did not like it and left to go to non league football. Murty consistently played at reasonably level teams for 12 years- Reading, Charlton and Southampton and was at the sharp end of some crunch matches for them, Warburton played for Enfield and Borum wood for 9 then gave up football. Murty has always been in football, Warburton took 12 years away from football.

Maybe Murty knows what is expected at football clubs and Warburton did not as he thought he could do it another way (not the Jock Wallace way). Maybe Murty is in the big chair for a short period of time but has said to himself, "I don't want to make to big a cunt of it" and is putting in the lines that his former managers would have and that Warburton did not. This experience maybe very good for Murty, I hope so because he came up to bat when asked and I think is now giving the players football expectation/guidance as a manager and not wanting to be their pal as he know that just doesn't work.

Murty is getting a lot right. Seems to be addressing a few fundamentals both on and off the pitch. 

Good for him. He could all to easily sit back and take the easy route, but he appears to be prepared to lay down some decent foundations for the new manager.