Tactics for Sunday...

Man mark Dembele and Sinclair. Hit them on the counter - long balls up the park. Make the team watch a video of the first 45 mins they played against Motherwell when Well had them 2-0 down: both long balls up to Moult who reamed their relatively shitty defence. If we have a chance, that's it. I would go 4-2-1-3. Hyndman behind a front three of Baz, Kenny and Waggy with MOH (for pace) on the bench. Fuck knows who else in midfield. Same back four I suppose...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same tactics as the cup semi a couple of months ago. 

Organised at the back, sensible disciplined man marking jobs on Sinclair and Dembele, stop cross balls coming into the box early and hope that McKay is going to have to the opposite of an off day (an on day I suppose) ... start Miller as his experience against Celtic pays off more often than not

i hate saying it because he's pish but Garner for a presence upfront too 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Same tactics as the cup semi a couple of months ago. 

Organised at the back, sensible disciplined man marking jobs on Sinclair and Dembele, stop cross balls coming into the box early and hope that McKay is going to have to the opposite of an off day (an on day I suppose) ... start Miller as his experience against Celtic pays off more often than not

i hate saying it because he's pish but Garner for a presence upfront too 

Garners suspended ?

31 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

MOH up front for pace.

5 to include Hyndman and Toral plus Mckay offering support to MOH.

Miller on bench, impact sub if needed.

Hit them on break and close down space for them to work in around our box.

I agree except I would play miller, he has a good record against them!

A good tactic would be to actually make a tackle on Scott brown.  This guy has had the freedom of the park in the last 3 games with no one coming close to him.  The impact garner had in the last game seemed to unsettle their defence until he went off injured so I'd be inclined to start with him with miller just off him as the link from mid to front.  Toral I front of the back four and mid 3 of McKay hyndman and holt.

everyone needs to have a good game and as Charlie Adam has shown against these fenian fuckers you don't need to have lightening pace or backs of talent to show these bastards up.  Just the will to win

5 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

A good tactic would be to actually make a tackle on Scott brown.  This guy has had the freedom of the park in the last 3 games with no one coming close to him.  The impact garner had in the last game seemed to unsettle their defence until he went off injured so I'd be inclined to start with him with miller just off him as the link from mid to front.  Toral I front of the back four and mid 3 of McKay hyndman and holt.

everyone needs to have a good game and as Charlie Adam has shown against these fenian fuckers you don't need to have lightening pace or backs of talent to show these bastards up.  Just the will to win

Garner is suspended.

15 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Garner is suspended.

Folk seem to be forgetting this.

Drew some funny looks for a rant along the lines of 'just remember where that daft b*****d is going to be next Sunday before singing that bloody song'!!!!

Fod

Hodson Hill Wilson Wallace 

Tav.  Hyndman Toral holt McKay 

Miller 

I reckon we will have to work and defend our arse aff for the 90 mins. The midfield battle is key and Play on the counter.......

now im looking at that fuck knows lol. Will be peaking behind the sofa watching this one.

Garner can't play, Garner is out, No Garner :duh:

Everyone needs to be on top form for this one, expecially at the back. 

Their two wingers and Cf are bang in form and scoring. They have midfield runners who are scoring too. 

We need to be direct, control the ball and be aware that there are going to press the whole game. We need to be clinical from Set plays and quick on the break. Miller isn't going to run away from anyone, but always scores against them, plays decent forward passes.   I would go,  4-4-1-1. Waghorn not cutting it, just go pure pace to stretch the game with Moh. Guy can't score in a barrel of dicks but would be able to hit balls into the channels 

Tav Kiernan Hill Wallace 

Windass Hyndman Toral Mckay 

Miller

Waghorn 

No rocket science required. We need to be winning tackles and 50/50s all over the pitch for the full 90 mins. No fucking about with short passes between keeper and defence. Load the midfield, be in their faces. Look to try and nick something at set pieces. Is it really too much to ask professional footballers to follow these simple tactics ?

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

This is what I don't get. He struts around the park like a boss yet not once does anybody nail him. I'd hoped that Halliday or Hill would've went through him like a tonne of bricks and put him back in his 5'3" place.

I agree with what others have said about marking Dembele and Sinclair and hopefully Barrie has a stormer. I think young Hyndman and Toral will be good in this game.

Guest Lloyd72

MoH and Miller up front in a 442, Hyndman and Toral as a midfield 2 screening the defence and Tav and McKay on the wings. Have the Fullbacks tuck in and the wingers drop back creating a back 6 with 2 midfielders putting in the tackles. Catch them on the counter with the pace in that team.