Tactics for Sunday...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Absolutely, hold our shape and hit them hard in the tackle. Sad to say that we need to up the work rate 100%.

Totally right, I can forgive a player if he's just not that talented but anything less than 100% work rate is unforgivable.

That's the minimum requirement when you pull on the blue jersey.

53 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Go into the game with the mentality these cunts can be beaten and they are no better than us. A battle fever attitude from all 11 players is required 

Agreed, and Waggy agrees also 

‘We are playing some good stuff. We have turned the corner after a difficult few weeks. The result against St Johnstone was a huge boost and the performance against Hamilton was something we can really build on.
‘Against Celtic, it’s all about self-belief. We will go there with a lot of confidence. If anyone can beat them, it’s going to be us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4284660/Rangers-star-Waghorn-believes-beat-Celtic.html

On 3/5/2017 at 7:14 AM, pcbear said:

Walter pretty much nailed it yesterday by saying  basically the opposite of what Warburton done last time around.

100% focus and concentration reqd for the full game, nae day dreaming.

Can we have Walter back for one game!

If we try and open up against them and play on the front foot we will get ripped apart because our defence is brutal. If we can keep Sinclair and Dembele quiet we have half a chance.

I woul like to see us pack the midfield with battlers and people to put the boot in, much like when Walter went to the piggery, and try to nick a goal. But we don't have the players to do that so I'm afraid all I can see happening is the lego muncher coming out on top in midfield. Toral, Holt, Halliday, Hyndman are all too lightweight and have no real presence about them. 

Miller uo front is a given. But I'd like to see us try McKay up front with him for this game. 

Garner

Garner                  Garner          Garner.        Garner 

Garner.                 Garner.          Garner.        Garner 

Garner.                        Garner

Subs- Garner Garner Garner        

6 hours ago, zanderbear said:

Watch the highlights of that game. I hope they play Touri on Sunday. As for tactics  I think Well played a 4-5-1 and if we want to counter we will need to flood midfield not have 3 up front, your 4-2-1-3 would see us lose midfield and who would man mark if only 3 in midfield?

Good point you are right.

1 hour ago, jim beam said:

Garner

Made a couple of changes, otherwise that's the team I'd go for as well. 

Fod

Hodson    Wilson    Hill    Wallace

Toral

MOH          Hyndman         MacKay

Waghorn    Miller

I've left out Tav because he can't defend either as full back or midfield and I prefer Hodson. Kiernan for the same reason plus he may well be suspended.

Toral in front of back four on his showing last week will give him the confidence to take on Brown and kick fuck out of him, nicely of course, 

MOH for his speed and close control will play havoc with their shitey defence. No explanation needed for Hyndman, I think he could be a match winner for us and MacKay if he grows a set and doesn't get bullied, could also be a match winner.

Wahorn because his tail is up at the moment and he won't be bullied by their central defenders. Miller because of his record against them and he will be the smartest footballer on the park, his ability to create space will be crucial.

9 hours ago, jim beam said:

Garner

Who's the trainer mate?