Why Garners Yellow was 101% right

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That boy from Celtic that got aids when he signed in January done one worse yesterday, not even a booking.

A little off topic but in the case of driving charges what's worse, reckless driving or dangerous driving? I always mix them up and I'm sure it probably gets used in the same terms as to yellow or red card offences

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

little off topic but in the case of driving charges what's worse, reckless driving or dangerous driving? I always mix them up and I'm sure it probably gets used in the same terms as to yellow or red card offences

Dangerous driving is prolonged careless driving. 

Overtaking on the inside =careless

Continuing to overtake on the inside =dangerous driving 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Dangerous driving is prolonged careless driving. 

Overtaking on the inside =careless

Continuing to overtake on the inside =dangerous driving 

Reckless and dangerous same thing careless is the lesser one lol just checked after reading your post.

I'd put garners tackle as careless, not dangerous mate

I've totally missed your joke too if there is one in the OP :lol:

28 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

The Record has a big long winded article criticising the refs performance. Don't remember seeing this any other time a ref has a couple of contentious decisions. No author cited of course. 

I think Garners was just an old fashioned clumsy challenge that would usually only be a yellow. It's only a big deal because it's us and him. 

As if referees arent under enough pressure the rhecord insists on having an ex referee scruitinise every decision, especially when they happen to be in Rangers favour. Unsurprisingly Richmond, who was a complete prick in his day, thought both were reds and that Toral dived for our penalty. What a fucking shock! 

Id be interested to hear what refs think of this prick taking the rhecords money for stabbing them in back. 

17 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

As if referees arent under enough pressure the rhecord insists on having an ex referee scruitinise every decision, especially when they happen to be in Rangers favour. Unsurprisingly Richmond, who was a complete prick in his day, thought both were reds and that Toral dived for our penalty. What a fucking shock! 

Id be interested to hear what refs think of this prick taking the rhecords money for stabbing them in back. 

Toral had his foot stood on as he was trying to move.  Tends to make you stumble when that happens...

Fod's happened so fast that it took slow-mo's to pick up on it.  That said, if it's seen it's likely to have been seen "as deliberate handball - preventing a clear goalscoring opportunity".  Red.

Garner - :confused:. Red.

to be fair, it was quite a compromise. Garner for a yellow card and went off for quite a while.

as for the for one. Although he shielded the ball it's incontrovertible that he didn't touch it until it was in his area.:mutley:

penalty was soft but still a genuine penalty.

my biggest worry us we've used up our quota of luck and goals. It's the Calvanist in me. Ooer missus.

For me it was a yellow but can see why it could have been a red, he got the timing all wrong and the guy got a boot up the arse for his troubles:mutley: the wee snowflake was in the papers crying it was a leg breaker, aye that happens when you get a boot to the arse:lol:

Just now, dougie76 said:

For me it was a yellow but can see why it could have been a red, he got the timing all wrong and the guy got a boot up the arse for his troubles:mutley: the wee snowflake was in the papers crying it was a leg breaker, aye that happens when you get a boot to the arse:lol:

How's tricks mate with all that carry-on? All good now?

Just now, born a blue nose said:

How's tricks mate with all that carry-on? All good now?

Better bud, still no right but eating like fuck to put back on all the weight l lost. You will know l'm back to 100% when l start posting in the what you listening to now thread again?

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He was smiling though..... Straight  red!

I thought Andy Walker was going to throw himself from the commentary box over this decision. Hilarious listening to him greet.

"Look at him....smiling!" :matron:

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I thought Andy Walker was going to throw himself from the commentary box over this decision. Hilarious listening to him greet.

"Look at him....smiling!" :matron:

It's hilarious when the mask of impartiality slips :dance:

Reminds me of the furore when Boogie winked....where's that emoticon gone?? 

26 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

He should have got a red for missing Imrie.

I agree with you,mate. Back in the day you wouldn't even have got a talking to from the Ref, never mind a booking. One of the first things I was taught about tackling was that if you are going to give the Ref a reason to put your name in the book, make sure you give him a fucking GOOD REASON and not for some silly mistimed swing at somebody. The likes of Willie Woodburn, John Greig, Harold Davis or Captain Cutlass would have been embarrassed with that effort :notallowed: