Smile

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, eosmhdo said:

Mccoist and Walter are joined at the hip. Somethings afoot that they must be backing for their both inputs on the club after fuck all from them for months. I am expecting something and something soon. There is no reason for them both to make statements in the media within a week after their silence. Something's going down, 100 % imo.

Walter was doing the punditry for Sky when asked and Ally was being paid by Ladbrokes to launch a new football show. I hope something changes though. 

Aha!    McCoist surfaces, speaks, launches a defence of his right to vote or not vote, makes his excuses etc etc.    And when he speaks inevitably it sparks of a reprise of past acts and track record and so on.   

So why not comment and speculate a bit on part of what he said?    Quote.....".........I just hope the board can find the investment to help the next manager."

Who can disagree with the sentiment - reality even - that more investment is needed to build a much much better team, a proper Rangers team?    Was he having a pop at King and the Board for not doing enough to generate more investment?   Or a milder 'encouragement' to go find more money?   Or a warning of sorts that if investment is not found then its a very different Rangers team we'll have to get used to supporting, one which joins the ranks of the other clubs in Scotland who are just strivers but not really expected to be winners?  

I don't disagree that more investment is needed.   A lot more investment.  I think its probably safe to say that every Supporter would agree.   Perhaps McCoist, as a substantial shareholder and Supporter, might care to spend less effort on defending his actions on voting on Res 11 and use his influence (if he has any) to work with other shareholders or potential investors to generate the investment he talks about.  Actions to generate additional much needed investment would speak a damn sight louder than words about voting intentions and be a damn sight more useful for the Club at this time.

The problem of assembling a side to win 55 and then build from there depends on a lot of things, including of course a capable manager, a leader who has a passion to win.   But underpinning it all is sufficient money to obtain enough better quality players who can transform the team into title winners.     Can King deliver the much needed investment?  I can't see him having either the capability to do so or the willingness to do so.    He gets yet another chance to sort out investment when a new manager arrives and I assume that he's arriving with some sort of firm commitment from King that sufficient funds will be made available to do a proper job of rebuilding the side.  I ain't holding my breath that King will make the sort of investment that McCoist may have in mind though.

I doubt if he does, but I wonder if McCoist is prepared to put his belief in the Club into action by working to attract the level of investment he thinks is needed to support the new manager.  

1 hour ago, Smile said:

R Ally kept our titles from being stripped my opinion is King would not have done that as he's never fought for us see Motherwell and the Cup for proof of that.

Poor Manager but cannot be blamed for a vote the board could have pushed through,

Yeah your right mate. Saving our trophies is huge even if he's a greedy wee shite. With regards to the board not seeming to go all out for res 11 or not using res 10 instead, do you think they prefer to have us indebted to them rather than have increased ownership? Don't like that type of shite as it smacks of playing safe in case we go bust again. Not clued up on business law but hate anything that smacks of it after the last time. It's just that we still have court cases, bad deals, and other shit to get through. Maybe we're not out of the woods yet.

Its a sad thing to see Ally act the way he has. it would be less harsh if he needed the money but he obviously doesn't. At a time when working class bears were skinning themselves to contribute to Rangers. Ally was taking penny shares from Green to support him and a big salary for sitting home. He knew he wasn't good enough but refused to walk without being paid his contract, even when King came in and every penny was needed to rebuild. Its clear he could have used a proxy to vote but again cash wins with Ally and he abstained from voting to scupper the dilution of his shares. Though the leaking was wrong and motives questionable. It maybe show the feeling the board had with Ally about his conduct during the salary situation. 

Does he realise the way his behaviour makes him look, does he care? 

I think there's a possibility that Ally stuck it out to observe what was going on within the club. Certainly he's made some big mistakes IMO. That photo at the airport with Sevim Cesim might tell a story. Hopefully the court case reveals a few things that restore my faith in the man. If he helps to put the crooks in jail I'll be a happy man 

8 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I think there's a possibility that Ally stuck it out to observe what was going on within the club. Certainly he's made some big mistakes IMO. That photo at the airport with Sevim Cesim might tell a story. Hopefully the court case reveals a few things that restore my faith in the man. If he helps to put the crooks in jail I'll be a happy man 

Is it not just Whyte that is now on trial ? :confused:

3 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Disgusting excuse for an.....excuse. Lying rat didn't want to dilute his own shares value. It's always only about Ally McCoist and himself. The most selfish person i have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Hated among his 9IAR team mates. 

How do you know he's hated amongst his teammates? 

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, just wondered how you know?

1 hour ago, William McBeath said:

Yeah your right mate. Saving our trophies is huge even if he's a greedy wee shite. With regards to the board not seeming to go all out for res 11 or not using res 10 instead, do you think they prefer to have us indebted to them rather than have increased ownership? Don't like that type of shite as it smacks of playing safe in case we go bust again. Not clued up on business law but hate anything that smacks of it after the last time. It's just that we still have court cases, bad deals, and other shit to get through. Maybe we're not out of the woods yet.

We are still bleeding money month after month and it appears we will be for some time. I think we are far from out of the woods and nothing happening at boardroom level gives me any cause for optimism. 

55 minutes ago, gsa said:

We are still bleeding money month after month and it appears we will be for some time. I think we are far from out of the woods and nothing happening at boardroom level gives me any cause for optimism. 

Aye, after years of worrying my arse off about it I've just tried not to since the new board got in. I don't think they'd let us slide back into administration but failing to convert the debt, not having us listed, still having losses, court cases, and bad deals still leave me wary about the overall situation. Fair play to them for even taking the mess on right enough but it's just a shame we don't have a proper football level money man involved so we can get back to being successful quickly.

Why would McCoist's lawyer fall out with him for choosing King and the three bears? Why would you even want your lawyers opinion when it comes to doing the right thing by the club. It's surely a personal decision and not a legal one. It's a strange thing to say as if he consults lawyers about everything he does like some one who is out to protect number one rather than just making your own mind up about what is the right thing to do. It's only voting for a board not conspiring to bring down a government. What is he meaning his lawyer fell out with him for voting for the current board?

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Ally kept our titles from being stripped my opinion is King would not have done that as he's never fought for us see Motherwell and the Cup for proof of that.

Poor Manager but cannot be blamed for a vote the board could have pushed through,

I never know what to believe about the title stripping; he did say he had to leave the meeting because he was so angry about the threat to our titles and left it to Green to fight our corner. I think the SFA just thought that stripping titles and rewriting history was too much bother and getting money and demoting us knowing that recovery would take many years was sweet enough for them.

If he had come out with a decent excuse, I could maybe forgive him. But saying that other 'High Profile' share holders didn't vote, and that he was out the country, at the time, are the lamest of lame excuses.

We still don't know the REAL REASON he decided to abstain. He's a coward, and it saddens me to say that. He was a hero of mine, up there with the ECWC Barcelona Bears, legends for evermore.

I just wish, sometimes, people at our club would tell us the truth. They want our support, however, they don't want us to know the truth, unless it suits their agenda. 

Ally speaking about shares he should never have , we all pay 70p a share and he gets mega shares for fuck all, that on top of his wages just sickens any Rangers fan.

Ally fuck off again and keep your mouth shut as we have no interest in anything you ever have to say again. 

Thats what happens when he sells the fans down the river for his own personal gain. 

9 hours ago, five stars said:

He didn't vote for the resolution because it could cause his shareholding to be diluted. As usual with mccoist it's all about himself.

It wouldn't be just his shareholding that would have been diluted, all share holders including the fans share holding would have been diluted. 

I can see why he or other shareholders would refuse to give the board full power to dilute their holdings. They already had power to issue shares, they just had to come to the shareholders first. Resolution 11 would have seen the loaners gain more of the club for the money they loaned to Rangers. 

There's mixed opinion on the rights and wrongs of him having the shares he gained from the CG. I always believed that this was to compensate him for working for free whilst we went through the admin process. 

Voting is a private process and should never have been leaked .

Guys getting some stick,  would love to see anyone say it to his face.  You'd all be standing for pictures.

why is soooo much emphasis put on the shares he received from CG?  Same with the gardening leave scenario, the sports direct lot fired him and again he was legally entitled to it- he may not have deserved his salary in a working sense as it was really rubbish but guess what? He never drew up his own terms.  It's the same as footballers- if you offer them money they'll take it and who can blame them?

The solution for McCoist is quite simple.   He mentions it in his interview.   Money,   Investment money.  Lots and lots of investment money.

All he needs to do is use his influence, his contacts, his belief in the Club to round up like minded wealthy folks and persuade them to invest in Rangers.   Maybe even launch a takeover bid if enough dosh can be mustered to buy out King and with plenty left over for investment in players,   Maybe he should go chat with Souness and Kennedy and Sarver and whoever else was fishing in the potential investment waters a while back, or maybe there are some new potential investors around that could be encouraged to join a takeover bandwagon.  

Why not?  What stops Ally McCoist from being a commentator from the outside looking in, from stating the blindingly obvious that more investment in the team is needed, and becoming a agent for the solution.    The thing is King and his Board of Directors have had bags of time now to sus out ways to generate more investment in order to make more money available to acquire better players.   Bags of time.  But yet nothing of any material note seems to be happening to produce enough money to buy better players.  Nothing.   Its like we are barely even treading water.   No momentum.  No 'zip' in the efforts to generate more investment.    Which increasingly leads to conclusions that King and his Board are not able or not willing to provide more investment or to work hard enough to generate more investment.    

The door is always open for others to make a bid for the Club.    Maybe McCoist should be responding to his own observation that more investment is needed by forming a group of investors who are able to do just that.   Now that sort of work would roust him out of the cosy world of punditry where talk is cheap and put him in a position to actually do something positive for the future of the Club.