Kenny Miller to Hibs in summer?

Amac9

If we are not prepared to give him the contract he deserves, he has to earn a living somewhere.

IMHO, I would keep him on as a coach, even as assistant to the new Mexicana (if he ever arrives) as the guy will need someone who knows the competition and technically Kenny certainly knows the game, has the passion and have no doubt he will make a decent manager one day.

If we let him go, it may come back to haunt us.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If we are not prepared to give him the contract he deserves, he has to earn a living somewhere.

IMHO, I would keep him on as a coach, even as assistant to the new Mexicana (if he ever arrives) as the guy will need someone who knows the competition and technically Kenny certainly knows the game, has the passion and have no doubt he will make a decent manager one day.

If we let him go, it may come back to haunt us.

ORWeydB.gif

27 minutes ago, WadeWilson said:

Since Pedro always appears to rope in a native as his assistant Kenny may have a way to further his coaching credentials next season as assistant coach and will perhaps stay.

If he is shown the door by those in charge and he wants to keep on playing for the love of the game, then I have no issues where he goes to find first team action.

I think it was Andre Agassi who said:

"I will play as long as I can... When I hang up racquet, I want to feel like I am retiring and not just quitting."

Very nicely put. If we deem Kenny Miller surplus to requirements then I wish him every success with his future career- except against us. One player who has genuinely earned HIs pay.

Only 3 days until the Old Firm, how many pro republican, tarrier, hibs stories are we going to get that involves Rangers that hasn't already?

When another young kid gets hurt again it'll be the one article stating a man wearing green done it and nothing said since.

Ever since our 6-0 win we've had...

Ashley going to buy us,

Caxinha is a cellic scout, which wasn't even true

Miller's going to hibs,

what's next?

Near the end of their careers;

Davy Cooper went to Motherwell

Boyd, McCoist & Durrant went to Killie

Doddie and Sandy Jardine went to Hearts

Butcher went to Coventry

Colin Jackson went to Morton

DJ went to Partick

etc etc etc - don't give Kenny Miller a hard time for doing the same thing? Many of them also came back to play (and score) against us - that's football.

I've nothing against Miller but why is there a clamour for him to be a coach? he might make a good coach, but he might not - I want the best and most qualified people for a job at any capacity at our club let alone an important one such as coaching.

Sure he's passion, experience and desire but so does a lot of people out there such as Alex Rae or Barry Ferguson and I wouldn't entertain them as coaches either. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've nothing against Miller but why is there a clamour for him to be a coach? he might make a good coach, but he might not - I want the best and most qualified people for a job at any capacity at our club let alone an important one such as coaching.

Sure he's passion, experience and desire but so does a lot of people out there such as Alex Rae or Barry Ferguson and I wouldn't entertain them as coaches either. 

Absolutely.

If the best available happens to be an ex ger then great, a bonus.

But being the best we can get is the essential minimum requirement.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It's a cert IMO, 

Miller's done well for us over his 3-spells but he's not a dyed-in-the-wool bluenose. If he could play for Celtic he could play for Hibs again, easily.

I'd hope he wouldn't do that to us, it would hurt a bit but if he wants to play football at highest level possible then Hibs might be a good option for him - sadly. 

This makes sense. He's bound to think about winding down soon, and who's to say Caixinha would have a place for him? I've always said I thought this would be his last season with us. 

Question is, what sort of reception do you think he'd get returning to Ibrox in a Hivs shirt? (If they get promotion)

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Kenny talks the game well at the pressers and appears pretty clued up.  Have you ever heard BF tallk? Two short wans spring to mind.

If we are to have a foregin manager who knows fuck all about us and our league, I think Kenny would be a great no. 2. He is up to date on all our oppo, got the passion, has definitely got a football brain and knows what we are are all about.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

Kenny talks the game well at the pressers and appears pretty clued up.  Have you ever heard BF tallk? Two short wans spring to mind.

If we are to have a foregin manager who knows fuck all about us and our league, I think Kenny would be a great no. 2. He is up to date on all our oppo, got the passion, has definitely got a football brain and knows what we are are all about.

To be honest I sometimes think Kenny Miller speaks like a mongo too. 

4 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

If he did go to hiv then he'd still be in the spfl since it's looking pretty certain that hiv is getting promotion this year. 6 points clear of falkirk with a game in hand

Although there is 10 games left so there is time for them too bottle it yet. 

He could go to any team in the 4 leagues and still be in the SPFL