Pedro coming in will give the players a lift.

Smile

Will the Players get a lift from the new manager coming in  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Players get a lift from the new manager coming in

Just now, kjw said:

Will give him my backing but hopefully he'll ditch this 4-3-3 formation straight away and be a manager who has a plan B that works,unlike the last one!

I think someone said he favours 442.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Prince George said:

We might also see players that are on the bench being used more effectively as he might change style of play depending on game. On saying that I don't think we have the defence to change game against the tarriers and play them on the break. 

We have a player on the bench who is ideal to play away from home in the big games and punish teams. Play a 4-5-1 hard to beat with Francis through the middle. His pace should be used properly in these big games. However I doubt anything will be changed.

Can't make a silk purse from a sows ear. Their effort levels may improve but basically they are poor players so their performance levels will probably remain consistent with earlier games. If there was to be a drastic improvement then they will be shown to be the charlatans we've suspected all season. 

Any given Sunday.  All teams raise their game against us, no reason why we can't do the same.  A bit of grit and determination can go a long way and it's the least we expect.  We do have a bit of quality with Hyndman and McKay and Miller's a threat. The rest need to man up.  Pedro needs to refrain from tanning his wrists when he sees our defence though.

The board would do well to give Pedro the number of Sir Walter. He could learn more about the squad in one hour than he will do in the next three months. The first thing to do for example is get an experienced CM in and even a blind man knows that. 

I hope they get a lift.

But its a whole lot more than a lift they need.   He will have to quickly start to establish which of them are capable of rising to the sorts of performances needed to turn the side into a proper Rangers title-challenging side and then provide the sort of leadership, direction, motivation and tactical nous to get their game lifted to much higher levels and more consistently.  A tall order.   We'll see over the next few months whether he has the sort of leadership and coaching qualities needed to bring about a much improved side for next season........assuming also that he's being given a transfer budget he needs to bring in better players.  

It's next season we need to look to and as much of what can be done during next season depends not just on Pedro's management and coaching abilities but on what money King makes available for new and much better players.   Without sufficient transfer funds Pedro is bound to be hampered.......and the buck with stop with King on this.

4 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Think we'll see a dressing room split, players who buy into his way of thinking, can adjust to a new level of discipline and win at all costs mentality (from what I've read).

Then players who enjoyed the freedom and 'rewards' they received under Warburton - who can all get to fuck imo. 

Remains to be seen which players will fall into what category, but I'd expect a big turnover in players this summer. 

I think your right

Definitely - this will guarantee 2nd place for me!  We're better than Aberdeen and hearts on our day so should win these matches comfortably with a newfound buzz about the place.  

It will also mean that we hit the ground running next year!

3 hours ago, bluenosebrad said:

Got to say not impressed one bit with this appointment, fills me with dread, a board that are thinking small and looking for cheap option 

Iv been thinking same, i think a lot of the squad have downd tools and probably had their agents looking for a move away, 

14 hours ago, Smile said:

A new manager coming in will the players get a lift and maybe get back to a better standard of play which they are in my opinion capable of.

We could actually pick up more positive results as they fight to keep their place next season in the team.

Or will they not give a fuck.

Not give a fuck they dont know any better

Some will get a lift as they may see it as a chance to have structure and organisation under a football man. Others will know they have been found out now and will look to move. Who will be in each camp is anyone's guess.