264 members have voted

1. 1. What size of budget do you think the new Manager should get

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, we need a full new squad basically, we have a team of players that would normally only make the bench, I wouldn't say we had many that should be part of a Rangers starting 11.

And I've got no idea who he is going to even think about brining in. What we need is a full new defence and holding mid, badly. The rest I think might be salvageable under New management and a new formation, and hopefully he can clear some of the dead wood that we don't need, or that clearly aren't good enough.

So if king supposedly gave £18m to Warburton I'd give £20m to Pedro, if we have it, and hopefully he can add to that by selling some players, obviously not expecting miracles

What he'll get is probably a little over £10m if even that much.

I've said for 2 seasons we need 8-10 million spent on 4-5 first team ready players in their prime. Supplement that with frees, prospects, existing players who can be coached. 

Without an initial investment in the spine of this team we will struggle. 

This thread is pointless. What budget the manager should get and what budget the manager will get are going to be polar opposite.

However from what the board have said in regards to Warburton was that players he identified they went and got. Warburton may have identified Garner as a player he wanted and the board then negotiated the offer of 1.75M (or whatever it was we paid), instead of the board going we have 1.75M to spend on a player, go and find him.

I'm sure if they have persuaded this guy to come they will have talked about transfer budgets and player recruitment and it must satisfy Caixinha to come and work with whatever has been specified

5 minutes ago, Sid2103 said:

So if king supposedly gave £18m to Warburton I'd give £20m to Pedro, if we have it, and hopefully he can add to that by selling some players, obviously not expecting miracles

He didn't give Warburton £18m and it's never been claimed that he did.

We need to build a solid base with an I initial investment like Walter did in his second spell and like MON did at Celtic in his first season. After that you try and tweak and supplement an already strong side. That's the theory now show us the money 

Voted for 10m, it's the most logical. 5m wouldn't make a dent and anything over 10m is a risk.

10m on fees would allow 5 solid players in or 3 solid and one very good i.e. 2m for solid and 4 for very good.

obviously it won't be this simple, it may just be on a case by case basis but he needs to have the money to get a solid core for the team.

1 minute ago, Gaz52 said:

Seriously he's going to get pretty much next to nothing given this boards track record. 

I honestly think come the Summer they will have to back him and will give him a reasonable transfer budget, If they do not they will be chased from Ibrox even by the punters that supported them.

I can't see a lot being spent straight away, maybe 3/4m.   

The manager needs to be judged that he can spend wisely and identify good players and within budget.

We need to learn....  Warburton showed eventually he was incapable of this and bought almost a full squad of dross and mediocre

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Ask us when he has signed and been with us for a few months. We really need to see what he is like with the current players and what style he plays.

He might even rejuvenate the players, and he himself players in the squad that he likes and might get the current team performing.

It's all conjecture right now