1. 1. What size of budget do you think the new Manager should get

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Ivybank said:

Hopefully he won't have a Scottish assistant,like Davie weir who recommended shite like Danny Wilson to warburton

I remember saying Danny Wilson was fucking pish and we shouldn't sign him you'd think I was slagging off Messi the shit I got at the time.

14 minutes ago, Sid2103 said:

Well, we need a full new squad basically, we have a team of players that would normally only make the bench, I wouldn't say we had many that should be part of a Rangers starting 11.

And I've got no idea who he is going to even think about brining in. What we need is a full new defence and holding mid, badly. The rest I think might be salvageable under New management and a new formation, and hopefully he can clear some of the dead wood that we don't need, or that clearly aren't good enough.

So if king supposedly gave £18m to Warburton I'd give £20m to Pedro, if we have it, and hopefully he can add to that by selling some players, obviously not expecting miracles

What he'll get is probably a little over £10m if even that much.

I think our lack of goals in games we have largely dominated has contributed nearly as much as our poor defence to a lot of our results.

If we had put away the same percentage of chances as our opponents did we would be clear in second without doubt

Just now, WilliamMunny said:

I can't see a lot being spent straight away, maybe 3/4m.   

The manager needs to be judged that he can spend wisely and identify good players and within budget.

We need to learn....  Warburton showed eventually he was incapable of this and bought almost a full squad of dross and mediocre

Can't agree with this, we don't have the luxury of putting managers on some sort of transfer budget probation period

This is the man they want and he needs to be backed as much as is possible

I think £10m plus wages, but I think it's likely he'll get around £5m plus wages. Which isn't anywhere near enough.

However I think one of the reasons the board have picked our Pedro is because he's got a stronger chance than most managers we were linked with of getting us in Europe on a smaller budget. 

1 minute ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

I dont see us being able to recoup any great deal from the current squad that might be shipped out. So I would say at least £10m is needed. That allows him to bring in anywhere between 3-6 players of a decent standard.

Won't be enough. Even after discounting the hype the beggars will get more than that for their centre forward alone. Throw in the windfall from being humiliated in Europe and they will have 3 or 4 times that amount to spend

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I remember saying Danny Wilson was fucking pish and we shouldn't sign him you'd think I was slagging off Messi the shit I got at the time.

I was lne who thought Wilson was a good signing at that level. Seems to.be made of glass and too soft fpr a centre back. He has a decent touch and passing ability which next to a grizzled pro like Hill you would think would pair quite nicely. But it hasn't worked for him 

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

I think our lack of goals in games we have largely domited has contributed nearly as much as our poor defence to a lot of our results.

If we had put away the same percentage of chances as our opponents did we would be clear in second without doubt

I personally think that if played as part of a front 2, Garner and Waghorn would be totally different for us, obviously, we'd need to see that first as they've only ever played as a single striker or out on the wing.

But another striker wouldn't go wrong especially if we're not giving Miller a new contract.

Just now, trueblueal said:

I was lne who thought Wilson was a good signing at that level. Seems to.be made of glass and too soft fpr a centre back. He has a decent touch and passing ability which next to a grizzled pro like Hill you would think would pair quite nicely. But it hasn't worked for him 

I still didn't like him for the way he got sent off against St Mirren in the Cup Final ages ago, I always thought he was a decent passer of the ball but lazy as hell.

In his 2 years in charge in mexico he spent less than they sold - to the tune of around 5.5m according to transfermarket.

He bought a few players for 1-2m for Al-Gharafa namely Krisztián Németh and Yassine Chikhaoui although no idea if it was him or the owners that chose them.

So he does not seem like a manager that would spend or want to spend a lot.

4 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Sorry mate but that is wishful thinking in the extreme.

We are not a couple of points behind here.

What? That's now. 

A decent manager and £5m spent wisely would propel us a lot further than where we are now.