Jim Stewart stays

MisterC

41 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I hope this is a fishing trip because Stewart is an excellent coach.

He played a key role in developing Gordon at Hearts before he came here and goalkeeper is the one area Scotland always look fairly strong in but since he came to the club McGregor went to another level, Alexander was a perfectly fine keeper for us and the improvement in Foderingham has been notable since joining us too.

There's a ropey section there with Bell, Simonsen & Robinson but no manager or coach has a 100% track record and IMO the positives he has brought significantly outweigh the negatives.

It helps that Foderingham obviously has talent to be nurtured and coached. Where as Bell and Simonsen are below average goalkeepers. Simonsen in particular is probably the worst keeper in the club's history. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, MisterC said:

When you see so many basic errors week in week out, it's clear that he's not doing his job properly 

You could argue that Billy Urquhart should have become Rummenige after signing for us and as he didnt it was the coaching that was the problem.

Foderingham has got better. The boy Brown left and played in the SPL. Kelly will probably make a career in football maybe even with us and so might McCrorie.

To me McGregor was developed by Thomson but I am sure Stewart also improved him but you would have to ask all these keepers to really know

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Easiest job in the world so no big deal.

Kick a ball over for the keeper to catch a few times.

Keeper sits on his arse and you throw it from side to side for a bit.

Home.

That's crap you obviously know nothing about being a goalkeeping coach. You make no mention of cones or fast feet or dominating the penalty box. Which includes staying on your line and shouting at others. Or slightly outside it for Fod. 

23 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Don't know why this is relevant in anyway, but a remember we played Celtic at parkhead years ago and before the game a was in fits of laughter watching Boruc do roly polies 

Sorry buddy but this story really doesn't have any relevance to this thread. 

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

So according to the record Jim Stewart will be keeping his job as goalkeeper coach when the new gaffer takes over. Anyone else unhappy about this? I don't think he has done much to improve the keepers he has coached and is very much part of the previous failed regimes. I fail to see what he brings to the table and hope he will be gone in the summer when there will be time to get a good replacement.

Thoughts?

My bug bear .He is still part of the Scotland set up .

Lots of posters slagging off our goalkeeping coach. Why ?

Now we all know our defence is shite.  No one on here would deny it. But we are only losing an average of 1 goal a game, and have the third best defensive record.

All of which suggests our goalkeeper is good and therefore the goalkeeping coach is doing his job well.

Problem seems to have been with our coaching of the defence............................

Just now, eejay the dj said:

My bug bear .He is still part of the Scotland set up .

I hadn't even thought of that, good point and his association with the Scottish soccer team is even more reason to slate him. At least the rugby team are worth watching with many Rangers fans in and around the team

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

I hadn't even thought of that, good point and his association with the Scottish soccer team is even more reason to slate him. At least the rugby team are worth watching with many Rangers fans in and around the team

The Rugby team must be the only group of players or any group for that matter ,with the majority being bears I bet representing "Scotland " in the whole of the Country

9 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Such as? Duncan weir is a rangers fan, John Beattie is but isn't in the squad these days. 

3 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Laidlaw, the gray brothers, bonnet, I think Dunbar as well. The incoming coach townshend is as well

Who's bonnet? How do you know laidlaw and Dunbar do? Dunbar maybe makes sense being from Dumfries but laidlaw is from the borders. 

I don't think the gray brothers are rangers fans. 

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Easiest job in the world so no big deal.

Kick a ball over for the keeper to catch a few times.

Keeper sits on his arse and you throw it from side to side for a bit.

Home.

Depends where you coach at, obviously. 

Talking of goalkeeping training... Hoffenheim give their keepers shades in training. 

9 minutes ago, gsa said:

Who's bonnet? How do you know laidlaw and Dunbar do? Dunbar maybe makes sense being from Dumfries but laidlaw is from the borders. 

I don't think the gray brothers are rangers fans. 

Apologies, I meant Bennett, bloody predictive text! Sure I read it somewhere a while back, possibly in the Hootsman