Waghorn

stewaj3

Missed 2 good chances, but how running did he do today. He should be up front not out on the wing. Lead the line and constant pressing of that defence. 

Needs to work on his finishing, but his effort like most of the team was outstanding

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Missed 2 good chances, but how running did he do today. He should be up front not out on the wing. Lead the line and constant pressing of that defence. 

Needs to work on his finishing, but his effort like most of the team was outstanding

He can be incredibly frustrating but I thought he caused them a whole host of problems. A bit of confidence, playing in a two and I think he can help us. He missed two guilt edged chances but he gets in to great positions and I thought he put in a real shift up top, never giving them a minutes peace at the back......

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Cost us 3 points today but thats not a discussion for today.... Its been a long hard season and I plan to enjoy tonight.. today showed what this team can do.........

Think that's harsh on him tbf, he takes his first chance and it's still early in the game and we mightve crumbled under the pressure that we'd no doubt have faced

I don't blame Waggy for us not winning today. Holts thing (whatever it was) led to them scoring. If that didn't happen, we could have won 1-0. All speculation, I know. I still don't think Holt should feel responsible though. Shit happens and that's football.

2 minutes ago, Waggy1872 said:

Think that's harsh on him tbf, he takes his first chance and it's still early in the game and we mightve crumbled under the pressure that we'd no doubt have faced

Away and have a beer @Waggy1872:guiness::guiness::guiness:We deserved to win today wasn't to be.. doesn't chnge my thoughts on this squad but i refuse to be negative today

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Away and have a beer @Waggy1872:guiness::guiness::guiness:We deserved to win today wasn't to be.. doesn't chnge my thoughts on this squad but i refuse to be negative today

Boys did deserve a win for the effort, and pleased we've shown that that mob are nothing but bang average, things looking up again!

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

he's not a top level striker that we require, ever will be, good supportig role ad looks like he'll give his all, but his all isnt good enough to win this league

TBH, I think Pedro might have been underwhelmed today with the standard we showed. Not knocking our guys at all, more knocking the standards of the so called best team in scotland. Hopefully he has got a good idea of where we go from here. If he has, then it won't take much to beat them.

Waghorn has a lot of great qualities.  He's strong, he's intelligent, he leads the line well, etc.  However, he isn't clinical enough to be our number nine.  Out wide he's very ineffective and I'd rather not see him there.

MOH has pace but the limit of his game is hitting the byline and either a blind cutback or short range shot at the keeper.

I know I'm in the minority here but I still wish we had signed Vuckic and put him on the wing or as a CAM.  Say what you will about the guy but he knows where the net is.  I think he could've gotten a dozen goals for us this season.  

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Who was worse? Who influenced the game less? Who missed more chances? You are of course entitled to your opinion, thats mine :thumbup:

McKay when on the field was considerably worse. No doubt Waghorn should have at least had one goal today but at least he worked when not in possession.

Tbh I thought Miller had a worse game than Waghorn too.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

McKay when on the field was considerably worse. No doubt Waghorn should have at least had one goal today but at least he worked when not in possession.

Tbh I thought Miller had a worse game than Waghorn too.

Smashing, good, you at least gave your opinion this time.