Pedro Caixinha - Interview

Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, tannerall said:

I thought that then thought no, but now think your right. Kinda looks like Pedro then.........

thought this plg stuff was a pisstake now not sure ?

it's the blue room their in - where they have paintings of the managers on the wall. 

If you guys haven't then I would recommend doing the tour of Ibrox. Well worth it 

Biggest team in Scotland ?? That's his hotel lobby getting staked out as we speak. 

Well he talks like he knows what he's doing. Local assistant would be Murty for me he deserves a step up the way he has handled the team. Although I did like the idea of McCann. 

Its is PLG all the managers of Rangers are painted on the walls of The Blue Room I'm sure Warburton will be going up as well. 

Need to back this guy. Talking a big game. Can tell he loves a wee scrap and dominating the fuck out of teams. Biggest club in Scotland fucking right ye are Pedro, this guy isn't going to be intimidated. McCann for local assistant is a great shout. 

Also love that he wants to win the cup, that's what we need. Celtic are fucking rubbish as demonstrated yesterday we can easily do them in a cup game. 

His full interview today (13/3) on the Rangers website.  I though it was very impressive.   

He sounds like an experienced football coach, he chooses his words like an experienced football coach, he talks from experience as a football coach, the way he speaks makes me think this guy knows how to lead and how to direct, he imparts a feeling that he has a plan and a way of working and knows how to go about implementing it, he studies the opposition (wow - now there's a refreshing change), and he imparts a confidence that he knows he needs to get a winning team - eyes focussed on winning the SC and on 2nd this season.    Good stuff I thought.   Interesting he didn't find the atmosphere yesterday intimidating (at least that's what I think he said).   

Its the eyes though.  And the body language that go with the eyes.   Sure he looks up and around and away when he's thinking but when he's making his points his eye contact is eye to eye.   There looks to be a bit of steel in this fella and a bit of fire as well.  

He's clear he gets to pick is Scottish assistant from a short list the Club will draw up.  And he seems to have arrived with his own coaching team - they know how he works so should be able to get up and running with the squad quickly.    Sounds to me like it will be a very positive first meeting between the players, staff and Pedro and his team this morning.  

It may be the first rush of optimism, and hopefully not misplaced, but my first impression having heard and seen his interview is this guy is a proper football manager with a real passion for winning and someone who will be taking no shit from anyone.

I thought his interview was impressive.  Loved what he said bout mental fitness and a winning mentality.  Also, spoke about dominating the game from moment to moment if we're defending or attacking.  Sounds like he understands the need to adapt rather than stubbornly fixate on one tactic.

These are all good soundbites but we need to remember that McCoist and Warburton had good soundbites as well.  I can only hope the entire club gets behind this man and the board give him as much money as they can to rebuild over the summer.  This is the manager now so let's believe in him and hope to fuck this is not another false dawn.

6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I thought his interview was impressive.  Loved what he said bout mental fitness and a winning mentality.  Also, spoke about dominating the game from moment to moment if we're defending or attacking.  Sounds like he understands the need to adapt rather than stubbornly fixate on one tactic.

These are all good soundbites but we need to remember that McCoist and Warburton had good soundbites as well.  I can only hope the entire club gets behind this man and the board give him as much money as they can to rebuild over the summer.  This is the manager now so let's believe in him and hope to fuck this is not another false dawn.

:lol:

48 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Sounds to me like it will be a very positive first meeting between the players, staff and Pedro and his team this morning.  

I think I heard that is happening on Tuesday morning as the players have the day off and he is to get his assistants sorted today. :tu:

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Agreed. I distinctly remember Le Guen coming in and calling us "his project". Some posters on another forum were drooling at the phrase. I guess it sounded oh so continental and progressive. These interviews can be interesting to watch but ultimately mean fuck all. There is probably little correlation between how well a manager speaks in front of a tv camera and how good he is at actual football management.

not bad first impression. seems right up for it. laughed at the biggest club in scotland. plenty of wee timothys raging at that no doubt but at least we know he speaks the truth ;)

i fully support him. we all should. best of luck pedro! 

Theres no doubt PLG/Warburton had good ideas and some success but the reason they were failures comes down to their mentality, attitude and desire. They were found severely lacking in they areas whereas guys like Smith, Souness and Wallace had plenty of it.

From his interviews and articles on him I think Pedro has what it takes to be Rangers manager. Lets just hope he is a good manager too. :D

Just now, PRW. said:

Theres no doubt PLG/Warburton had good ideas and some success but the reason they were failures comes down to their mentality, attitude and desire. They were found severely lacking in they areas whereas guys like Smith, Souness and Wallace had plenty of it.

From his interviews and articles on him I think Pedro has what it takes to be Rangers manager. Lets just hope he is a good manager too. :D

Do you mean they were too soft?

5 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Partly. No winning mentality or toughness about them whatsoever. 

I think with Smith/Souness/Wallace/Advocaat/McLeish these guys were respected by the players, looked upto by them, then the players buy into their wining attitude and gave them their all. Weren't shy to boot players up the arse and discipline them, but respectful about it.

Warburton and le Guen didn't have that in them. Especially when le Guen banned Bardsley from training after a tackle, the respect probably went from the players.