Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

1 hour ago, The Hammer127 said:

It's effectively a no.3 position so you're not likely to get an experienced guy unless a failed one (a la Barry Ferguson) or an older one e.g. John Brown, Jimmy Nichol (I'd take either of them). Fair dos if Kenny Miller's to stay with the u20s - seems sensible. Neil McCann's got a good football brain and clearly knows what playing for the Gers is all about - fair enough for a no.3.

Jimmy Nichol is a good shout but I'd be surprised if he is on the list. Looks like miller has been ruled out,just hoping its not Barry.

I know its hard enough getting the football media in this country to be objective about our club but when did we become so fucking needy that we're willing to pay a wage to someone just because they were actually positive about us?

Give the job to the best qualified and experienced coach with the best possible track record.

If looking for a left field suggestion what about Russell Latapy? decent reputation as a coach, knows Scottish football backward, knows the club, and spent 8 years of his playing career in Portugal. He played in the same Boavista team as Hélder Baptista.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but the impression I'm getting from this every time Pedro talks about it is that this Scottish assistant is being brought in more to pass on their overall knowledge on Scottish Football and their knowledge of the club rather than for what they can actually do on the training pitch in terms of setting up drills or exercises.

If that's the case then I'm not sure why we didn't we just move Jim Stewart into that role rather than let him go. It seems odd that we we looking for somebody to fill a role that he - on paper at least - is pretty well qualified for.

Could it be that Pedro wants a younger, more inexperienced coach who he can maybe teach or have an influence on by learning them his ways and methods rather than getting an older coach who is maybe more set in their own way and won't be able to adapt as well or easily?

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but the impression I'm getting from this every time Pedro talks about it is that this Scottish assistant is being brought in more to pass on their overall knowledge on Scottish Football and their knowledge of the club rather than for what they can actually do on the training pitch in terms of setting up drills or exercises.

what about this guy - can also teach pedro about the local culture etc.

rabcnesbitt-GlasgowRangers.jpg.cd6970c65e4650aa4c3872fc43314e9a.jpg

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If that's the case then I'm not sure why we didn't we just move Jim Stewart into that role rather than let him go. It seems odd that we we looking for somebody to fill a role that he - on paper at least - is pretty well qualified for.

Could it be that Pedro wants a younger, more inexperienced coach who he can maybe teach or have an influence on by learning them his ways and methods rather than getting an older coach who is maybe more set in their own way and won't be able to adapt as well or easily?

Not sure if its just his English or if he really does mean like a PA who knows Rangers.

He did mention in the initial interview with Rangers TV that he wanted to get someone who could bridge the gap but who he could also get to buy in to the philosophy. Now if you are only a lacky rather than a coach of any capacity then I doubt getting the philosophy would matter so I genuinely think its someone with coaching abilities. 

Just now, DeanMK said:

I don't know how adept McCann is at coaching but I'd like to see him in. He could work wonders with McKay. Always enjoyed his views as a pundit. I think he offers decent insight into our game.

We've had enough folk that "talk" a good game at our club.  

5 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Numan. Class act, Dutch B team coach, lives here and loves Rangers, smart guy, good communicator. 

In the presser he did say 'Scottish coach', not sure if he means that literally or just someone who's played here/knows the club.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Brian Laudrup left Scotland nearly 20 years ago. What recent knowledge and insight of Scottish Football can he provide?

Probably offer nothing. But his hair is majestic so it's a yes from me.

37 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don't think the dugout could contain the combined suaveness of him and Pedro :lol:

38 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Probably offer nothing. But his hair is majestic so it's a yes from me.

Add in the other PM - Paul Murray and we have real hair style.