Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

2 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Alex Rae has known nothing but failure since he hung up his boots. He would be a disaster in my opinion, advisor role or not, we need someone with a bit of savvy and brains and ambition. 

Someone with savvy, brains, and ambition wouldn't take the role. 

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, RDFM said:

At the end of this season.

image.jpeg

Wouldn't surprise me, could deffo imagine Barry doing a John Terry sticking his full kit on after the final whistle to celebrate.

1 hour ago, Tenerife Bear said:

We don't know that. All we can do is guess and offer opinion. Time will tell what happens. 

You do though. If they had the attributes required for success, and the ambition to go after it, why would he take a coaching role as the 'local guy' in Pedro's staff?

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yip, that's exactly what i am talking about.

I have heard his comments were taken out of context but doesn't look good.

"I've thought about it long and hard and I'd have to say this is my biggest achievement in the game. A few of my mates have asked me the question and I think this is the tops.

"I've played in finals and won medals north of the border and if I'm honest, it's probably a bigger achievement than reaching the UEFA Cup Final too."

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/winning-carling-cup-at-wembley-beats-1096337

It certainly doesn't look out of context tbf

His statements were taken out of context. Rangers are expected to win trophies. Birmingham City are not. He also said the UEFA Cup would have been his choice but at the end of the day it is about winning things and we fell short at the final hurdle. I believe he has also commented on this since he said it.

Its not something I would have said as it causes headlines like these, but he is referring to size of footballing achievement. He is effectively comparing size of club to size of competition won.

Supporting Rangers beats everything I have ever did, except for my children, getting ,married to my wife, having a great relationship with my mum, dad, brothers and sisters, being an uncle to great nephews and nieces, passing my driving test, getting my first car, going on holidays with the wife and kids ect. If you ask me after Rangers have beaten that lot or won a cup or got through to a European final then yes supporting Rangers beats everything in my life ( the reality being something different ) :pipe:

Not too worried whether B F gets it or not as it is all down to Pedro anyway but I think we have all been asked questions after a major achievement and came away with statements that after awhile just don't accurately reflect the whole picture. If he still thinks that then fair enough but I think in the cold light of day he had bigger achievement's with Rangers