Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

If I was to guess I'd say Ferguson or Rae as external appointments.

Internally, it could be Miller or Murty.

Wouldnt surprise me if it was someone totally from left field like Christian Dailly or Ian Murray. 

:no:

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Miller would be my choice.    He knows the Club, the squad, the teams in Scotland, and has recent experience of playing against all the other clubs.   Would give him time to complete his coaching badges.  Maybe he'd be a player / assistant for a season then transition over fully to assistant / coach.   He can deal with the media when needed and - much more importantly - gets the importance of success to Rangers and to the Support.

He'd learn a bit from Pedro and his team about their management methods and coaching methods.   Which may be very useful not just for Miller himself but for the Club at the point in time in the future when Pedro decides to move on.   The point being that the assistant can then step into the manager shoes if needed and provide a continuity which was very evidently lacking when the last management team abandoned ship so suddenly forcing an inadequately experienced Murty into an emergency interim role.     

:thumbsup:

I totally agree with your first paragraph RB .... and think that KM has shown he is a viable candidate for the position .... and you lay out well why he is worth that consideration ... he would get my vote also. 

In your second paragraph you have brought up a concept that is theoretically sound and worked well for us when Walter (e.g) was understudy to Souness .... both great together and Walter with the aid of Archie Knox carried on the good work extremely successfully after GS left the Club.

This concept unfortunately failed miserably when Walter passed the baton to AMcC .... proving in a sense that Walter was the exception to the rule rather than the rule itself .... or the natural progression of things.

So yes I think Kenny would be a sound choice in the role required to serve PC .... outlined in your first paragraph .... but I think the concept of taking over the helm has no more than a 50-50 chance of success going on past performances experienced by us all ..... though possibly more than 50-50 in fairness to KM .... mainly due to his winning attitude his experience and work rate in and around the first team .... as this would definitely be to his advantage if he were to be thrust into the manager's role ..... an advantage GM unfortunately (through no fault of his own) didn't have ... the concept is sound ... but the individuals involved are unfortunately less so. 

In the end I believe the candidates are now on a short list and it is up to the management whom they finally choose ... let's hope they get it right and we prosper.

:UK:

8 hours ago, wilberforce1 said:

Got a feeling that if Neil McCann was named as local assistant, Barry Ferguson's heid would explode, Scanners style.

His rant about Pedro's appointment should seal his fate. I hope.

want the Ferguson nowhere near the club, McCann or preferably KM would be good picks.

Like Neville with England, I believe McCann would be a good addition to coaching staff, probably for Scotland rather than imbeciles like McGhee. I'd be gobsmacked if he's going to be our Asst Manager. Whether right or wrong, I'd expect Ferguson to get the gig before McCann and Miller because the latter will still offer more on the pitch. 

From what's been said, it's going to be someone that's been with us and will be someone not in work just now (we can't afford compensation).

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Everyone saying Neil McCann, surely his career at Sky is far more lucrative than any assistants job he would be getting here?

Why does it have to come down to money?

When he talks about us he talks about us with genuine passion, it's clear he still loves the club and I would think he would be happy to take up that kind of role here. Perhaps not elsewhere, but Rangers is different.

I don't agree with anyone, again:whistle:

I think we need to prioritise:

1. Someone that knows the scottish market

2. Someone that knows Scottish Culture

3. Someone that knows how big it is to be at Rangers

4. A decent coach

I'd fancy an older head, perhaps an ex manager with some sort of tie to Rangers who has a good knowledge of the teams/culture/players in Scotland. Suggestions?

I

5 minutes ago, GallantPioneer said:
5 minutes ago, GallantPioneer said:

4. A decent coach

I'd fancy an older head, perhaps an ex manager with some sort of tie to Rangers who has a good knowledge of the teams/culture/players in Scotland. Suggestions?

4. A decent coach

I could think of a few but will let the others wire in!!

13 minutes ago, GallantPioneer said:

4. A decent coach

I did say someone like Gordon Smith, and mentioned Walter might be interested in this type of thing.

But I'd still be happy with McCann

3 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I did say someone like Gordon Smith, and mentioned Walter might be interested in this type of thing.

But I'd still be happy with McCann

Very good suggestion, never even considered him. Only point he may fail on is point 4 though...

1 minute ago, dougal72 said:

Don't know if he's been mentioned but Mcculloch could be a shout. seems to be doing a good job with Killie. He may be looking for a permanent managers job mind you...

No not mcculloch. I feel as if he would think that he was entitled to be here and that he then could coast. he is too used to the Ally salad days.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

No not mcculloch. I feel as if he would think that he was entitled to be here and that he then could coast. he is too used to the Ally salad days.

We need someone that understand all things Rangers but would respect and work FOR the Management team.