• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

He is as cool as a cucumber. 

A concern of mine was that he wouldnt realise the media hate us and he would get shafted. He looks like he knows the script though.

He seems to be a natural Alpha male gaffer type like Walter, Souness, and Big Jock. Can see why he was drawn to mention them previously. He's cut from the same type of cloth in terms of handling himself and others. 

His English this ok, but I kind of struggled to understand some of the things he was trying to say. Hopefully communication with the player won't be too much of a problem.

I'm not sure that many of us would agree when he says Rangers have the best squad in Scotland!  :lol:

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

His English this ok, but I kind of struggled to understand some of the things he was trying to say. Hopefully communication with the player won't be too much of a problem.

I'm not sure that many of us would agree when he says Rangers have the best squad in Scotland!  :lol:

It's like he said, if they believe it and have that confidence they will play like it.

11 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

80% of games you play your way and then 20% you adapt your strategy.

whilst you can necessarily put accurate figures on it this shows he understands you sometimes have to counteract the opponents rather than plan A all the time.

hes far too sensible compared to warburton

He is.

He says you need to learn about and understand the opponents too. 

I can see us having different tactics for the Hamilton game, different for the Aberdeen, and different again for the Semi Final. We haven't had that for a long time.

(Actually Murty managed to change tactics slightly for 3 games when I think about it)

Positive times ahead

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

He is as cool as a cucumber. 

A concern of mine was that he wouldnt realise the media hate us and he would get shafted. He looks like he knows the script though.

I can't wait for the day someone asks the same question time and time again! he will fuckin destroy them

Like the RTV interview the wider press interview was impressive imo.    No nonsense about this fella.   What he might lose on getting his point over to players in his words (although his English is really good enough) he'll make up for it in spades and more by the eye contact and body language - they'll get his meaning right enough and if they don't I reckon they'll hear about it.

Confidence is contagious.  So is lack of confidence.   The squad suffered too much from a lack of confidence under Warburton.  Pedro looks like he's setting about instilling significantly more confidence into the players.   Good.