Pedro's first press conference coming up live on SSN

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Yep. Sky have dragged charlie Nicholas out to fire a "warning" to Pedro. Its pathetic

Shit, not THE Charlie Nicholas? That'll be Pedro resigning in the morning...once someone has translated the 'warning' into English.

First impressions are looking good and was impressed when he spoke about tactics and his footballing philosophy, vision for the club. Not getting carried away yet but if anything today is worth going by things are looking up for us. I just hope the fans give him time to put his own stamp on the club.

2 minutes ago, Amato said:

I like when he was talking about going for second spot. 8 points behind second placed team at the moment, still to play them twice, so that's 2 points we're behind :pipe:

You could have just liked Laudrup1984s post 13 mins before yours :p:

You know what does it for me? What gives me a bit of confidence he has something good going for him?

He has said things that he knows would put our minds at rest and jump on his bandwaggon. He has been sensitive to our situation, what we want, and what we expect of him.

That goes a long way to proving he is empathetic, intelligent, connected to the fans, and able to use certain words to trigger our affection toward him.

Now, if he's done that so well in his first couple of interviews - you can imagine him able to do the same thing with our players. You can really imagine this guy being able to really strike at the hearts of our players once he knows how they tick.

That in itself makes me feel so much better about this appointment than what I did before hearing him address us.

18 hours ago, Taipan said:

Sometime since we had a hard man in our team, one of those that if you saw him starting to chase you, you start shitting it 'cos you know it's going to hurt!

Exactly. It's been painful to watch assorted SPFL shite being given the freedom of the park to have all the time necessary to make themselves look decent. That shit should carry the risk of imminent discomfort.

6 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

You know what does it for me? What gives me a bit of confidence he has something good going for him?

He has said things that he knows would put our minds at rest and jump on his bandwaggon. He has been sensitive to our situation, what we want, and what we expect of him.

That goes a long way to proving he is empathetic, intelligent, connected to the fans, and able to use certain words to trigger our affection toward him.

Now, if he's done that so well in his first couple of interviews - you can imagine him able to do the same thing with our players. You can really imagine this guy being able to really strike at the hearts of our players once he knows how they tick.

That in itself makes me feel so much better about this appointment than what I did before hearing him address us.

I don't get the impression that the squad are the brightest, and we know they're not even acceptably good at most things on the park. Even they can surely - surely? - be improved by working harder and learning by endless repetition. I don't know where he'll find aggression from before next season, but a few things he said about adaptability and defensive shape are very promising.