Andy Halliday

Carsons Dog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

I'm saying I would have liked him to miss out regardless of the injury based on his behaviour not that this was the reason ??

I mean in terms of showing 'no respect' to Murty. I don't doubt he was injured. 

Here we go, another Halliday hounding.

the guy might have struggled in some games under Warburtons management but he's a solid midfielder who IMO will prove a lot on here wrong about his abilities if he's given the chance under Pedro. He'll never be a flair player but will come good in the mould of Ferguson IMO. 

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I mean in terms of showing 'no respect' to Murty. I don't doubt he was injured. 

I don't doubt he was injured either but would you have seen him spend upwards of 5 minutes of the game when he should be warming up in case called upon heading over to the fans to take pictures etc if the Manager was still Warburton or under a Walter Smith as an example, not a chance.

Also I would extremely doubt he will do this with Pedro in charge either. 

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

the guy might have struggled in some games under Warburtons management but he's a solid midfielder who IMO will prove a lot on here wrong about his abilities if he's given the chance under Pedro. He'll never be a flair player but will come good in the mould of Ferguson IMO. 

You appear irked by those criticising him.

Then you suggest he'll turn out to be "in the mould" of a previous captain, stand out player amongst world class colleagues, pivotal player, leader and international shoe in.

I'm not for slating him but there's more realism in that outlook than yours which doesnt back it up with anything other than opinion.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

I can see what your saying Brian, look at lego heed under the influence of popcorn teeth, never improved any as a footballer but was shown how to get the paying fans behind u. So I can see how u mean he will prove a few wrong if he was taken under somebodys wing.

2 hours ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

After his pisstake of a warm up against Hamilton in the cup I'm glad he wasn't included regardless of injury.

He was too busy heading over the fans to take pictures etc instead of actual completing his warm up on the sidelines, did this when we were up 1-0 and then later on also, clearly showed no respect for the Murty at that point.

:lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Solid midfielders don't give away possession all the time. That's the exact opposite of a solid midfielder.

14 minutes ago, OhW said:

I think its more the fact that some people seem like they can't wait to have a go at him, and almost hold his being a Rangers fan against him. I don't see the OP saying that the midfield was better because of Toral's absence, for example.

The counter-argument to that is of course that some people seem to give him less criticism because he is a fan. As usual though, the negative opinion seems more prominent on here.

Either way, it should be obvious to most that he isn't good enough to be a regular starter in a title-winning team for us.

I get all that.

But the OPs topic of choice was AH and his absence, which I actually didn't know the reason for either.

Maybe he doesn't care as much about reasons for a loanee not making the11 than one of MW favourites. I don't either.

Regardless, my query, as one that's not having a particular go at the guy is why BF deems him possibly to develop in the mould of a Barry Ferguson . I see nothing to validate such a claim and am intrigued.

9 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I get all that.

But the OPs topic of choice was AH and his absence, which I actually didn't know the reason for either.

Maybe he doesn't care as much about reasons for a loanee not making the11 than one of MW favourites. I don't either.

Regardless, my query, as one that's not having a particular go at the guy is why BF deems him possibly to develop in the mould of a Barry Ferguson . I see nothing to validate such a claim and am intrigued.

My guess is that you've been reeled in.

Don't be in a hurry to write Halliday off, he's a winger who has been asked to play this holding midfield role, he clearly isn't suited to it and its hampered him big time but look at what Brenda has done with Armstrong at them, played wide left for 18 months, looked utterly shite and has been moved into his natural position and is probably the one player that has stood out over all the games we've played against them, I'd like to see Pedro give him a chance in his natural position before we offload him

Said it about a million times before, Halliday isn't good enough for us if we want to be challenging celtc again. We need better players than him in our team

In his defence what I will say is, well done on playing a role that isn't your usual one, at least you still rolled up the sleeves and got on with it even though you were being crucified week in week out for it

I feel for Halliday at times, the boys living a dream that many of us would love to have. Donning that Club colors, walking down the tunnel to a roaring Ibrox or even being able to proudly declare to someone "I play for Rangers FC." There's no arguing he has passion for the club and I feel like he has been misused. I mean it's no secret Warburton fucked with some players positions. Waghorn who's been a striker most his career was asked to play on the wings. Barrie McKay isn't an out and out winger and would benefit more playing down the middle. Garner is better with a partner up top yet he was playing by himself isolated and in the case of Halliday he's been asked to go from being a winger to being a CDM. Which is a daunting task and isn't easy to do given the style we played. 

I would like to see him given a chance elsewhere on the park where he could hopefully show a bit more worth but right now he's not doing the job and he'll know that. 

5 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Squad player at best, gives the ball away far to much.

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

He is most certainly not a solid midfielder. Poor in possesion, lightweight, poor passing..

Heard you the first time :lol: 

Boys no a holding midfield, he's better suited to the left midfield not center, where he was playing before he came to Rangers. 

I've never, ever understood the level of criticism Halliday gets on here.

I completely agree that he isn't good enough. That isn't up for debate, but he's singled-out for criticism and it's often on the verge of abuse. I don't think I'm being deluded, having assumed that being a bluenose might have spared him that level of abuse.

He hasn't been forgiven for errors that cost us goals against Hamilton & Hearts earlier in the season, but Holt's just cost us a goal at Parkhead and he's being raved about for tackle on Roberts. I can't get my head around it.

19 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Heard you the first time :lol: 

Boys no a holding midfield, he's better suited to the left midfield not center, where he was playing before he came to Rangers. 

Agreed that it's not his favoured position but I've seen enough games to think hes not at the required level. Hope he proves me wrong.