Andy Halliday

Carsons Dog

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel gutted for Andy.  I wont lie, its my pals son although if I'm honest I don't know andy..  He is living the dream we all wish we had done.  I went to many euro games abroad with his dad on the Govan True Blues. rangers to the core the whole family.

However, no point in lying, a good few performances have been poor.  I hope he can overcome it. I know all bears want him to as he is one of our own.

4 minutes ago, StublueKPL said:

I feel gutted for Andy.  I wont lie, its my pals son although if I'm honest I don't know andy..  He is living the dream we all wish we had done.  I went to many euro games abroad with his dad on the Govan True Blues. rangers to the core the whole family.

However, no point in lying, a good few performances have been poor.  I hope he can overcome it. I know all bears want him to as he is one of our own.

It's not a great situation however if we want to improve as a club there isn't any room for sentiment. All decisions have to be made for the good of the club.

I just can't see us challenging for the title with Halliday in midfield he's a mid table Premiership player at best.

Maybe Caixinha will get more out of him than Warburton but even if he does it won't be enough if we want back on top and in Europe competing again.

2 hours ago, StublueKPL said:

Most on here are 'Rangers to the core' and come from 'Rangers families', sad fact is he is not good enough.  If Barton, Rossiter, and Nico had all panned out he would hardly have gotten a game this season.  Rangers fan, by all accounts a nice lad but a very mediocre footballer.  

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I get all that.

But the OPs topic of choice was AH and his absence, which I actually didn't know the reason for either.

Maybe he doesn't care as much about reasons for a loanee not making the11 than one of MW favourites. I don't either.

Regardless, my query, as one that's not having a particular go at the guy is why BF deems him possibly to develop in the mould of a Barry Ferguson . I see nothing to validate such a claim and am intrigued.

Fwiw I don't particularly rate Toral either and I think the midfield is better without both of them

They are both one paced

But like you say Toral isn't a Rangers player and will be gone shortly

It's an odd phenomenon at Ibrox that some fans really get on the backs of younger Scottish players. Never quite got my head around it. 

Not sure if it's that more is expected of them, or that there's a wee bit of jealousy, but I don't particularly like it. 

13 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

It's a bit like asking a central holding midfielder to become a flair winger. Unrealistic.

It's been a tough gig for Andy. He's tried his best in that role but has pretty much failed.

Not been the experience I'm sure he'd have hoped for, and unlikely he's one that a new manager would have under the "must keep" category.

That said, he's worn the jersey and lived the dream.

Edit

Thought we were better shaped for him not being present on Sunday though imagine even injured he'd have contributed more on the left than Barrie did.

I always forget he was a winger! Just can't see him out there, no pace and no skill. Certainly not got enough quality in any position and not good enough for a title winning Rangers team. 

I love it when there is a true Rangers man in the team. I don't deny they get more slack from me than a non-Rangers man would. Isn't that what football is about. Seeing someone on the pitch that's one of your own living the dream?

obviously the success of the team comes first but a team full of overpaid foreigners will never illicit the same affection as a few local lads who bleed blue. 

Halliday has been poor this season and his ability, or lack thereof, to play DM has been exposed at the slightly higher level but I hope he can earn a place in this squad. 

Fans who personally verbally abuse him and call him all sorts need to take a look in the mirror. That kind of shit is why we are always so divided  

Didn't flinch when looking lego muncher in the eye, more than Barton did.  I believe he lost his confidence earlier in the season, there were times when he was absolutely awful and should have been dropped earlier.  Murty couldn't have rated him either so be interesting to see what Pedro thinks with a clean slate.  However one of us, has always been played out of position without moaning and I hope he does well.

21 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Didn't flinch when looking lego muncher in the eye, more than Barton did.  I believe he lost his confidence earlier in the season, there were times when he was absolutely awful and should have been dropped earlier.  Murty couldn't have rated him either so be interesting to see what Pedro thinks with a clean slate.  However one of us, has always been played out of position without moaning and I hope he does well.

Who gives a fuck about how he looks people in the eye? 

He's utterly pish.

2 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Whatever happens, at least he'll know that he made the right decision to come to Ibrox and pull on the jersey.  Unlike his former pal who turned us down and went off to Celtic Park to disappear into oblivion. 

Did he turn us down? Or did hibs refuse to sell to us?

18 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

He knew that he only needed to wait for a few months.

I think by that point it was obvious he wanted to leave and he couldn't really stay at hibs. Not trying to defend Scott Allan here, no real Rangers fan would play for Celtic imo but I don't think it was a case of he chose them over us like you made it sound. 

5 minutes ago, MarvinAndrews said:

I think by that point it was obvious he wanted to leave and he couldn't really stay at hibs. Not trying to defend Scott Allan here, no real Rangers fan would play for Celtic imo but I don't think it was a case of he chose them over us like you made it sound. 

You are right to say that it wasn't a straight choice - that's fair enough.  However, I think it was clear that he could have come to Ibrox if he had been prepared to wait a few months, and lots of other players in that kind of position simply grit their teeth and get on with things at their current club until their preferred move takes place.  Allan chose not to do that. 

1 minute ago, Trooblue said:

You are right to say that it wasn't a straight choice - that's fair enough.  However, I think it was clear that he could have come to Ibrox if he had been prepared to wait a few months, and lots of other players in that kind of position simply grit their teeth and get on with things at their current club until their preferred move takes place.  Allan chose not to do that. 

Scott Allan's a cunt. We can agree on that :cheers:

11 minutes ago, MarvinAndrews said:

A close relative of his tried to justify the decision by stating that he was getting four times the wages that he would have got with us, so perhaps, it was a case of choice...