Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

It speaks volumes that folk are surprised and excited that a manager is doing the basics exactly as you'd expect him to be doing in the first place!

Hopefully he gets a good response from the squad and those who are still pining for their old gaffer can join him down in Nottingham as soon as can be arranged.

There can't be anyone left surely?

9 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

It speaks volumes that folk are surprised and excited that a manager is doing the basics exactly as you'd expect him to be doing in the first place!

Hopefully he gets a good response from the squad and those who are still pining for their old gaffer can join him down in Nottingham as soon as can be arranged.

I had a similar thought when I was excited at some things Murty was doing too...

Defend when not got the ball. 

Close men down etc...

It is basic, but we hadn't been doing it under W&W in many cases...

Regarding this training etc... it is exciting, and good to see the passion

3 minutes ago, EastEnclosureBear said:

He actually looks like he knows what he is doing.

Looking forward to Saturday to see it's put into effect. 

What I'm looking forward to seeing is his reaction when things don't go according to plan or don't transition well from the training ground. Hopefully he has a lot more up his sleeve than pre-planned like for like subs and 'do plan A better'

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

What I'm looking forward to seeing is his reaction when things don't go according to plan or don't transition well from the training ground. Hopefully he has a lot more up his sleeve than pre-planned like for like subs and 'do plan A better'

Pre-planned subs was an embarrassment. Hopefully PC has a Plan B and C. 

10 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

in hindsight that was just "because i dont know what else to do".

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

We do know this will take longer than a week to put right :duh:

That's what I took from the presser, he was honest to admit, what can be achieved in a few days, but appears to have a long term aim, that is going to take work.

If the earlier reports are true, that he has blocked days off for the International weekend, then he knows and the squad must know as well, that they have a long way to go, maybe his finish 2nd and the Cup aren't just words to him, to keep us all happy, but actually wants to do his best to try and make it a reality.

11 minutes ago, Sea Bear said:

That's what I took from the presser, he was honest to admit, what can be achieved in a few days, but appears to have a long term aim, that is going to take work.

If the earlier reports are true, that he has blocked days off for the International weekend, then he knows and the squad must know as well, that they have a long way to go, maybe his finish 2nd and the Cup aren't just words to him, to keep us all happy, but actually wants to do his best to try and make it a reality.

It's not his timescales and expectations I'm worried about, it's ours.

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10803703/caixinha-happy-to-start-work

I'm extremely happy that after watching those 5 games, Pedro has seen we need to be more 'aggressive' when it comes to finishing.

He talks about how he wants to change his team to 'attack the spaces', rather than 'just touching the ball' and has emphasis on being more aggressive in the box meaning taking our chances, and players being in and around the six yard box to attack.

I know it didn't exactly take a genius to notice that we were doing these things wrong, but I'm glad he had recognised it and look forward to hopefully seeing some results.

Barry McKay and O'Halloran like this ?