Guest Lloyd72

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I am scheduled to work 2pm til 10pm on Saturday and I have been trying bribery and all sorts of persuasive tactics to get a swap for an early shift so I can go and see 1st hand what sort of effect Pedro the Bullfighter has v hamilton..and no cunt is playing the game..:angrywillie:...Might be my 1st bullshit sickie phone call at 6am Saturday morning..Although it will look pretty bloody obvious that come 3pm I won't be snuggled up in bed with a 24hour dose of sickness...:confused:

Start it from tonight phone them tomorrow and say your no well got docs etc

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Start it from tonight phone them tomorrow and say your no well got docs etc

I am on the medications shift the mora..(7am-2-30pm) and scheduled to take the big guy I am keyworker for to the Grand Ole Opry on Saturday night..One of the things I have learned since getting Sober is that I have to be responsible today..Damn..So I will just need to wait to see Pedro's Queens XI in the flesh..:huh:

Guest Lloyd72
24 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I expect so...

fuckit I think I'll get in early tomorrow to catch the warm up. 

I usually watch the warm ups because I find it interesting, really annoyed I won't be there to see the team. Hate missing games.

He's setting out to show that he's a thorough person, a coach that likes detail but can focus on the big important things that need to be done to win games.  Good stuff imo.  

Miller noted there have been some changes - qualified of course by saying that's not surprising when you get a new manager.   Pedro also mentioned there are changes.  Neither are going into detail.   The impression I get (but may be miles wrong) is that it may take a little bit of time for the players to adapt and to lift the technical quality of their game to get to grips with the way Pedro may be looking to play the game.   He does seem to know how to direct though and he seems to be clear on what he will want the players to be able to do.   The players could be in for a tough couple of shake down months ahead with a hard taskmaster who does seem to start from the point of view of encouraging them but I bet will be pretty frank with the players if they do not raise their game to meet his standards.   

The cup semi will give him a good idea of just how much the current squad can adapt themselves to his coaching methods.    Sure would be good if he could bring about a win in that game.  

Miller looked a lot tenser than normal - wonder why.

3 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

It speaks volumes that folk are surprised and excited that a manager is doing the basics exactly as you'd expect him to be doing in the first place!

Hopefully he gets a good response from the squad and those who are still pining for their old gaffer can join him down in Nottingham as soon as can be arranged.

If MW signs Halliday, Kiernan, Garner & co, you'll get all their RM fans going down. Great judges of football that they are.

Both good interviews from PC and KM.

I do like the way PC lays out his style of play .... simple and logical .... he does seem to be very meticulous and hopefully he can instil his methodology into this squad of players and possibly bring out the positives in them .... but on a regular basis .... possibly like we all witnessed last Sunday to some degree.

I will say in his defence though if he doesn't  .... that I don't expect any earth shattering changes from this squad ... but hope he can get us the results we need this season to turn it into a better than expected one ..... with the promise of a far better performance from everyone (coaches included) next season.

With what I have seen and heard from him (dismissing this squad from the equation) ..... he seems a dedicated man with promise for a good future at our Club .... I hope he get's the financial support required to make his visions a reality.

......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

KM's interview was pretty good also .... though predictable ..... I like the fact he doesn't take for granted his position at our Club  .... and his commitment to change (when describing the new coaching regime's methods) .... is based on being a professional and accepting the desired changes being laid down now as part and parcel of a regime change.

He also has the ability to take the dramatic out of most situations and just tell it as it is ..... in a matter fact manner .... i.e .... "football's just football you expect some changes when new people come in with their methods" (paraphrased) ... when asked how different the "new" training was compared to the last mangers ...... he slapped that one down for the stupid headline seeking question it was.

Not all over the top ..... just how it is.

:UK: 

I'm trying not to get over excited after seeing just a few training sessions and a press conference but it's hard not too. The guy looks really prepared and looks like he doesnt leave anything to chance when studing our opponents.Sounds like he wants us to be explosive when we are attacking with direct football and then harassing our opponents to win the ball back quickly when we lose the ball. Could be totally wrong of course and we play a completely different style.

2 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Very impressed with his considered answers but the talent he's talking to is woeful. If I was a Scottish journalist I would go and slit my wrists now.

If you were a Scottish journalist you would not have been able to write those two sentences. Joined-up writing, too many big words, no exclamation marks ...

Refusing to get carried away but I listened to the full 16-minute interview on YouTube earlier and he impressed me. 

He has a passion in the way he speaks and the courage of his convictions. 

I'm still unsure of him but I'm pretty certain that if he does fail, then it won't be for under-estimating our club and the importance of winning like Le Guen and Warburton did. 

That's a step in the right direction at least. 

Something that stood out for me and i hope i am reading into right is near he start of the interview when he mentions we need to attack more and aggresively down the left side.

I hope he means McKay needs to take players on much more and i hope he is drilling that into him and Wallace.

Don't think press conferences will ever be a problem for him anyway. 

However hope people don't get too carried away by how well he comes across and expect him to implement his style immediately. Not expecting too much difference in the coming weeks, best to be patient. 

16 minutes ago, RD.1872 said:

Right foot like Jeremy Beadle.

I seen that too. Waghorn's shooting practice ... just him and the goalie, on the edge of the 18-yard box no pressure shoots it along the ground right into the goalie. Absolutely pathetic effort ... wasn't sure whether to laugh or brush it off as only an effort in shoot practice but you see him doing the same things in games too - first half against Celtic too one-on-one with Gordon etc.