Jump to content

Our fans are truly global


KeyserSoze
 Share

Recommended Posts

Lost count of the number of times I've walked into a pub abroad and a bunch of bears have already decorated the walls with our scarves, flags, and strips. Its a great thing and something to be proud of but I almost take it for granted now, especially in Europe where the first thing your looking for on the day of a game is the sight of the bears taking over a pub:rangers:

Can't actually think of any other 'normal' football club like us when it comes to having a true support all over the place with proper links to the club and not some Sky TV or twitter generated silly pretend love-in thing. Could probably do more miles than a tour around the world just by visiting our supporters clubs and different regional pubs. I think what stands us apart from all the clubs who have this now is that we already had it all before TV football and internet made it fashionable.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, William McBeath said:

Lost count of the number of times I've walked into a pub abroad and a bunch of bears have already decorated the walls with our scarves, flags, and strips. Its a great thing and something to be proud of but I almost take it for granted now, especially in Europe where the first thing your looking for on the day of a game is the sight of the bears taking over a pub:rangers:

Can't actually think of any other 'normal' football club like us when it comes to having a true support all over the place with proper links to the club and not some Sky TV or twitter generated silly pretend love-in thing. Could probably do more miles than a tour around the world just by visiting our supporters clubs and different regional pubs. I think what stands us apart from all the clubs who have this now is that we already had it all before TV football and internet made it fashionable.  

I've lived in Scotland Japan and America and have been near enough everywhere in between. And everywhere in the world you go there will be a bear who's been there before you and left his mark for other bears to see

Like the fucking cave paintings mate :lol: everywhere we go we leave our mark and are remembered 

I went to Phuket with my family years ago, Rangers weren't playing anywhere near there at the time and in front of one of the hotels was a massive RSC flag

Went to Bulgaria years ago before it got really big,  bought a bag of grass off a wee Bulgarian guy who kept saying he loved Rangers, I assumed he was just saying it because he wanted us to drunk in his pub,  but the next night he was standing outside with a Rangers top on and bought us a round

Went to Germany for a CL game and was in a pub called the classic rock Cafe and they had a loyalist cd on and when my dad asked how they got the cd they b said "Rangers have been here 3 times in 6 years, we love you"

We were members of the North Caroline RSC when I lived there, we'd be in the pub before 6am some matches, the season before helicopter Sunday we started watching the games in a new pub called Woodys and I remember at the start of the season some of the Americans would ask where we were from and why we were there etc and we'd tell them about the Rangers, this was your typical American sports bar and by the end of the season there were 4 of 5 locals who would show up to every game and they put Rangers scarfs up in the pub...glory hunting yanks :pipe:

Everywhere I go I take a Rangers top with me and everywhere I go it's recognised and every bears felt the same pride when it happens.  We're a true global phenomenon,  the World Famous Glasgow Rangers WATP

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I'm 50/50 Hout bay/Glasgow.

Made many Capetonians Rangers supporters.

It's ± 14,000 Kms to Hout Bay mate.

Definitely Portugal .... possibly Porto? ± 2,850 Kms.

:UK:

PS :- Just re-read your post mate and realised you meant You were spending 50-50 in either place .... apologies for the misunderstanding ..... :confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Willis said:

I've lived in Scotland Japan and America and have been near enough everywhere in between. And everywhere in the world you go there will be a bear who's been there before you and left his mark for other bears to see

Like the fucking cave paintings mate :lol: everywhere we go we leave our mark and are remembered 

I went to Phuket with my family years ago, Rangers weren't playing anywhere near there at the time and in front of one of the hotels was a massive RSC flag

Went to Bulgaria years ago before it got really big,  bought a bag of grass off a wee Bulgarian guy who kept saying he loved Rangers, I assumed he was just saying it because he wanted us to drunk in his pub,  but the next night he was standing outside with a Rangers top on and bought us a round

Went to Germany for a CL game and was in a pub called the classic rock Cafe and they had a loyalist cd on and when my dad asked how they got the cd they b said "Rangers have been here 3 times in 6 years, we love you"

We were members of the North Caroline RSC when I lived there, we'd be in the pub before 6am some matches, the season before helicopter Sunday we started watching the games in a new pub called Woodys and I remember at the start of the season some of the Americans would ask where we were from and why we were there etc and we'd tell them about the Rangers, this was your typical American sports bar and by the end of the season there were 4 of 5 locals who would show up to every game and they put Rangers scarfs up in the pub...glory hunting yanks :pipe:

Everywhere I go I take a Rangers top with me and everywhere I go it's recognised and every bears felt the same pride when it happens.  We're a true global phenomenon,  the World Famous Glasgow Rangers WATP

Great post mate and so true. It's always amazed me just how special our club and support are :thumbup:

When I've went away with English family, girlfriends, and mates I've said let's go find the Rangers pub and they'd start laughing as if I was daft or that I meant one that put on British football like it would be with their teams which has usually been Utd, Leeds, or Everton. But we always found one that was either kitted-out in Rangers gear or an actual dedicated Rangers bar.

One time a boy I was working with was in some Spanish resort and phoned me saying he'd just seen a Rangers Walk go by with hundreds of bears in attendance :lol: He thought we must have been playing a friendly but it was just some kind of impromptu gig. Think it was in Benidorm. 

I should have told him to phone me back when the Man Utd one showed up :happy:

I say that because these cunts down here talk all kinds of ludicrous shite like trying to claim hundreds of millions of fans in Africa because a survey in the daily mail or on twitter said so. It's almost like an English disease to believe anything positive about themselves no matter how daft it is. Hard listening to such demented rubbish and not just severely ripping the cunt out of people.

I still think even in this era of TV domination and all the wealth, success, and popularity that comes with being a big club in a TV league that Rangers would show nearly all of them up when it comes to showing up for a big game and putting real arses in seats. It's amazing that this should still be true given how shit our league is now. Not many clubs would get our crowds for games v the likes of Hamilton or Partick. Even more so when you consider we have also been priced out of the top player markets.

A great old club and support we have. Makes me proud just thinking about it :isay:

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Willis said:

I've lived in Scotland Japan and America and have been near enough everywhere in between. And everywhere in the world you go there will be a bear who's been there before you and left his mark for other bears to see

Like the fucking cave paintings mate :lol: everywhere we go we leave our mark and are remembered 

This is true and if you come here I will greet you wearing my Rangers top. 

I remember one day I was walking in a street in Mexico City wearing my Rangers top and this couple were walking along the road towards me and I could hear the girl ask her partner "what team is that?" when they were walking past me and her partner said "Rangers of Scotland" without hesitating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Yes I do pal, at the moment I'm in Durban, playing golf for a weekend at Durban country Club, then moving back to East London then Port Elizabeth then back to CT.  Be back home to Glasgow end of APril.

Ah I see mate. I'm in Cape Town/George part of the year. Some cracking courses down in the garden route. 

Def more than a few bears out this way, saw an Afrikaans guy and his little boy watching the Argus cycle race both with old Rangers shirts on! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gsa said:

Ah I see mate. I'm in Cape Town/George part of the year. Some cracking courses down in the garden route. 

Def more than a few bears out this way, saw an Afrikaans guy and his little boy watching the Argus cycle race both with old Rangers shirts on! 

Great stuff - I have a Royal Blue Ford Ranger pick-up - full of RFC badges - there's no timmigrants there - so the car stays intact.

 

WATP

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sat outside a pub in small town Poland and 4 old Polish guys were looking over one then spots my top and says no surrender and they started talking to me.

They hated Celtic was hilarious it was not long after their Warsaw game so were going on about that, this lot were Poznan fans and they hate Warsaw but hated Celtic as much, go to Poland loads and never met one yet who likes them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was doing one of the shitty tours when I was in Havana years ago, and we visited the bar where they apparently invented the mojito. In there a guy came up to me and shook my hand and pointed to my crest on my training top, saying, Glasgow Rangers! Claudio Caniggia! Turns out he was from Argentina and on holiday too. Had a drink with guy and spoke a bit of football with him. 

As said, just about anywhere you go there has been a bear there before you or there is someone there with good things to say about our club. Makes you really proud. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Upcoming Events

    • 13 August 2022 14:00 Until 16:00
      0  
      Rangers v St. Johnstone
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership
×
×
  • Create New...