Hmmmmmm...........

jintybear

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, jintybear said:

Sorry if this is elsewhere and I know this is Bears Den but this truly shows who's running the show

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15160438.Old_Firm_referee_Bobby_Madden_dropped_for_top_fixtures_by_SFA/

RugbyOther Sports

Old Firm referee Bobby Madden dropped for top fixtures by SFA

The 38-year-old came in for fierce criticism following the derby

1 day ago / Neil Cameron

30 comments

BOBBY MADDEN, the referee in last Sunday’s Old Firm game, has been taken out of the spotlight this weekend after being put in charge of a Champ-ionship match.

The 38-year-old came in for fierce criticism following the derby, which ended 1-1, largely because of his decision not to award Celtic an injury-time penalty, which Brendan Rodgers described as “clear-cut”.

Madden has been given the Dunfermline-Ayr United match at East End Park on Saturday. The official is one of Scotland’s top referees and this was his first Glasgow derby.

However others backed Madden, including retired English referee Dermot Gallacher.

He said: “I thought, for his first Old Firm game, the ref did brilliantly. I really did. He kept his nerve, he booked players at the right times.”

The game ended in controversy when Leigh Griffiths was tackled from behind by Clint Hill inside the Rangers penalty box.

Rodgers said: “It was a clear-cut penalty. It’s very frustrating – even more so when Clint Hill tells me he got away with it.”

Fucking scandalous

I tell you . Collum and Thompson are on the payroll at the scumdome . That is why they will get our Semi final against the scum .

2 things piss me off about Clint Hill . Why he fucking said this pish to Brenda and his shite celebration at our goal .

Played well however

3 hours ago, jintybear said:

Sorry if this is elsewhere and I know this is Bears Den but this truly shows who's running the show

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15160438.Old_Firm_referee_Bobby_Madden_dropped_for_top_fixtures_by_SFA/

RugbyOther Sports

Old Firm referee Bobby Madden dropped for top fixtures by SFA

The 38-year-old came in for fierce criticism following the derby

1 day ago / Neil Cameron

30 comments

BOBBY MADDEN, the referee in last Sunday’s Old Firm game, has been taken out of the spotlight this weekend after being put in charge of a Champ-ionship match.

The 38-year-old came in for fierce criticism following the derby, which ended 1-1, largely because of his decision not to award Celtic an injury-time penalty, which Brendan Rodgers described as “clear-cut”.

Madden has been given the Dunfermline-Ayr United match at East End Park on Saturday. The official is one of Scotland’s top referees and this was his first Glasgow derby.

However others backed Madden, including retired English referee Dermot Gallacher.

He said: “I thought, for his first Old Firm game, the ref did brilliantly. I really did. He kept his nerve, he booked players at the right times.”

The game ended in controversy when Leigh Griffiths was tackled from behind by Clint Hill inside the Rangers penalty box.

Rodgers said: “It was a clear-cut penalty. It’s very frustrating – even more so when Clint Hill tells me he got away with it.”

Neil Cameron is a rancid beggar bastard . Is there any other at this putrid rhag ??

25 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

2 things piss me off about Clint Hill . Why he fucking said this pish to Brenda and his shite celebration at our goal .

Brenda has more to answer for for using it. Time was it would have been kept for the book. Scum is as scum does.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Did Craig Thompson ever get relegated when he gave them the most dubious penalty I've ever seen at Ibrox to give them the chance to win the league..... 

I was thinking of that cunt but it was his refusal to award a penalty against Motherwell in the scottish cup....as stonewall penalties go it was a disgrace 

Herald is deliberately stirring the pot, media here are atrocious for making stories up. SFA/SPl or refs association should be making statement to protect Madden and set record straight, if this shit goes unchallenged then in the eyes of the media it becomes the true narrative despite only being a pandering to the unwashed.

7 hours ago, A.T.G said:

I'm not bothered, he is a shite referee anyway. Plus it was never a fucking penalty, Hill got the ball

Rodgers and all his greeting faced scummy bastard team can go fuck themselves, they can greet all they want and do whatever they want to the refs, isn't going to stop them getting fucked back to 2nd place, next year, the year after or even 5 years down the line

It will happen

C7DKoEZWkAMmowe.jpg

Either the press knew he was already allocated this match but tried to stir things up, therefore showing they are highly unprofessional.

Or they did not know the basic fact that referees are allocated matches beforehand in a rota system, therefore showing that they are highly unprofessional.

Which will it be, hacks?

18 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Not true.

Refs are allocated a 6 week rota.

He knew he was going to this game before last week.

your wrong in that assumption ref at local level get a 4 week allocation at top level they only get a max of 2 games at a time. for a ref to be dropped from a game he has had to do something in law wrong during the game and that is normally down to the observer. we all like to think and it does look at times its a club influence that gets them moved but its only when they cock up in law. eg he fails to give a stone wall pen like madden did in the o f game.

I just don't get why the media get away with this shit.

I honestly can't think of any other profession that allows you to just make lies up and troubling ones at that but do not need to answer to anyone. 

Regardless of whether or not it was a penalty the guy did not 100% know if it was a penalty therefore he can't give it. Someone doing there job honestly and to the best he can in an intense environment getting dragged through mud by a shite journalist making up lies from his comfy chair in an office.

Fucking hate the media with a passion.

14 minutes ago, devref said:

your wrong in that assumption ref at local level get a 4 week allocation at top level they only get a max of 2 games at a time. for a ref to be dropped from a game he has had to do something in law wrong during the game and that is normally down to the observer. we all like to think and it does look at times its a club influence that gets them moved but its only when they cock up in law. eg he fails to give a stone wall pen like madden did in the o f game.

Firstly.....you're wrong not your.

Secondly I am correct, they have a rota basis and if they make a mistake this can be changed.

Madden was always going to Dunfermline today, his rota has not been changed.

The media are trying to portrait it that he has but he has not been demoted.

Madden is not a very good ref by any stretch of the imagination but the Tims are almost running a dougie McDonald conspiracy here and I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire because of this.

its almost as if the media forgot Thomson awarded us a penalty in the old firm league cup final in 2011 only to change his mind but it's funny how we never chased him away from his job.

the best thing that could happen in Scotland is for foreign referees to take officiate permanently. It would end this conspiracy pish and let's face it they are a lot better than the buffoons currently in position 

50 minutes ago, devref said:

I actually, hand on heart, don't think it was a penalty.