Rhodent bheasts in Scotland's media

eejay the dj

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If people think that Griffiths being in an advert is disgusting because he's a racist, then yes I'd expect them to take a similar stance towards any other high-profile footballer (retired or otherwise) convicted of a racially aggravated offence. 

I think folk should make up their own mind what is acceptable to them. If they think it's that bad he should be shunned that's their choice.

People have their own moral code though and it shouldn't be much surprise that many people class someone making a racist joke as a far less serious thing (and indeed may not think the person doing it is actually racist) than someone that calls someone a refugee based on their ethnicity and tells folk to "Fuck off back to their own country"

Few crimes are identical and normal folk are willing to mitigate a crime when compared to another if they consider the circumstances of both and reasonably conclude that one is worse than the other.

47 minutes ago, Spectre said:

People have their own moral code though and it shouldn't be much surprise that many people class someone making a racist joke as a far less serious thing (and indeed may not think the person doing it is actually racist) than someone that calls someone a refugee based on their ethnicity and tells folk to "Fuck off back to their own country"

I'm not s racist - I'm a realist.

And I tell folk to fuck off back to their own country.

Especially now that the famine is over.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

I was asked if I thought he was a racist. I said not particularly. But as you point out he is convicted of a racially aggravated offence. So at no point do I disagree with what I posted there,

Again, I queried why C1872 set up their own crowdfunder under Chris Graham's (Not C1872) name when one was already going.

Where did I write I didn't agree with them? I said it wasn't a particular problem the C1872 crowdfunder, it just smacked of being about PR more than the charity.

Oh dear.

Word had reached me you were having something of a meltdown Dude - I didnt realise you had gone full metal jacket.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

I was asked if I thought he was a racist. I said not particularly. But as you point out he is convicted of a racially aggravated offence. So at no point do I disagree with what I posted there

Sorry just seen this comment.

You called him (quoted verbatim) a "convicted racist" in another comment. 

By the way we're now on page 18 and still talking about 'The Dude', the exact kind of publicity he wanted with his strange and complete tenuous link to a legend who played for us two decades ago. Is it about time we put him out to pasture? If he's not going to delete his account, don't give him any kind of platform to air his shite. At the moment, he's laughing all the way to the bank. 

This thread is an example of why you won't get many 'thinking Bears' on this messageboard.

Football messageboards are never going to be considered debatiing societies but this type of indignant, meaningless, pathetic, all round bullshit is embarrassing.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

This thread is an example of why you won't get many 'thinking Bears' on this messageboard.

Football messageboards are never going to be considered debatiing societies but this type of indignant, meaningless, pathetic, all round bullshit is embarrassing.

Sorry that we're not all on your intellectual level :lol: