Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

Had a read through the equivalent thread on FF and for once there seems complete consensus that all three took the correct course of action.  There were one or two posters having a pop, others blaming 'the workload' but all that was before the resignation letter was made public.  Some posters who are contributors to C1872 now questioning their commitment.  

Putting aside the sad resignations for a moment, what shocked me in the statement was the fact that the club wants one of it's major shareholders club1872-us the support in fact, to make the point of contact the supporters liaison officer from now on? So no direct contact with board members, that is in effect, imo, downright disrespectful to the support and major shareholder. They can f@ck off with that idea.

Sorry to hear about the resignations,  club1872 has lost three valuable members. 

All very predictable, I wanted this to work with good people on the board like D'art and put my cash in to it every month but will now withdraw my monthly money. To the three of you thanks for everything and the highest standards of integrity you have shown. 

40 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

As you will be aware following the announcement from Club 1872, all 3 of us have resigned as directors. We considered it an honour and a privilege to be voted to serve on the board of Club 1872 by our fellow Rangers fans, and those of you who know each one of us personally will understand how painful it was for us to leave an organisation we firmly believed in and worked tirelessly to establish since our election.

We feel it is incumbent upon us to outline to members the reasons why we felt our positions had become untenable. As anyone who has served on a board or committee will know there will always be differences of opinion and varied interpretations on matters and the Club 1872 board was no different in that respect.

However, throughout our tenure we found the conduct of one director particularly challenging, causing all of us to make considerable personal compromises at times. However last week a situation arose, which we felt compromised the organisation rather than ourselves, and that was one compromise we were not prepared to make under any circumstances.

As many of you will be aware Rangers have recently advertised two job vacancies in respect of a Social Media Officer and a Supporters Liaison Officer. At Club 1872 we were informed recently that the latter of these two roles would be our main point of contact at the club in the future.

Word subsequently reached some of the Club 1872 board members that one of our directors had applied for the position of Supporters Liaison Officer. However, as no notification had been received from the director in question this matter remained as nothing more than a rumour.

Matters came to a head when the director in question intimated he, in addition to two Club 1872 directors who had already confirmed their attendance, would attend a meeting at Ibrox facilitated by Rangers Security personnel. This meeting was in respect of the forthcoming Old Firm fixture at which both Police Scotland and Club 1872 were invited participants.

As persons present at this meeting from Rangers were to be involved in the interview and recruitment process for the vacant Supporters Liaison role concerns were raised within the Club 1872 board. As nothing had yet been received in writing to the Club 1872 board this necessitated a phone call by one director to the director in question at which time it was established he had in fact applied for the role of Supporters Liaison Officer.

On such confirmation, the director in question was advised that it would not be appropriate for him to attend this meeting. In essence, we had a Club 1872 director who had applied for a job at Rangers, attending a meeting where persons from the club who were not only involved in the interview and recruitment process, but would also have direct line management responsibility for the post in question, were present.

Despite such advice and the concerns of fellow board members, the director in question attended the meeting.

We tendered our resignations shortly thereafter.

We would like to take this opportunity to express our sincere apologies to all members, and in particular, those who voted for us. However, all 3 of us believe that by resigning in such circumstances we were reflecting the standards, values and principles which saw us elected.

Laura Fawkes
Joanne Percival
Iain Leiper

When it comes to the voice of the Rangers support, you are that man, end of.

C1872 is compromised and a lesser organisation for your resignation and those of your two colleagues.

I am unsurprised as you will gather from some of my previous posts. I take my hat off to you for at least trying to make a difference. It was a tall order.You gave it your best shot for all the right reasons and the bigger man for it.

The director involved who applied for the post,  and while people are guessing has still to be named, has lost all credibility and confidence   as a Director of 1872 and would have no creditable standing  as Supporters Liason officer if he got the job. If it is not James Blair who has applied for the job and I suspect he has not , he should consider his own position on the board of 1872 and resign immediately. For anyone not to see this as a clear conflict of interest is staggering and that of a Rangers director of a board who promised transparency 

45 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Said it to the three of you privately and will say it publicly - the 3 of you have shown absolute integrity and should be proud of yourselves. 

I stand firmly behind you all.

Mate - the only thing that surprises me is that you didn't see this coming earlier.

Its plainly obvious to decent dedicated Bears who the bad apples are.

By not purging them 1872 was only ever going one way

The thread last week about King outed one, this has outed another and there's the perennial one over on FF who can join the list.

Remove these self serving cancers within and there's a chance of progress

Otherwise we can all forget it.

Just now, onefootwillie said:

The director involved who applied for the post,  and while people are guessing has still to be named, has lost all credibility and confidence   as a Director of 1872 and would have no creditable standing  as Supporters Liason officer if he got the job. If it is not James Blair who has applied for the job and I suspect he has not , he should consider his own position on the board of 1872 and resign immediately. For anyone not to see this as a clear conflict of interest is staggering and that of a Rangers director of a board who promised transparency 

Surely not James Blair? he already hold  the clubs secretary, as well as club1872 director, that would be his third position, he's not  George Osborne?

4 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

It's Craig Houston.

4 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

Mate - the only thing that surprises me is that you didn't see this coming earlier.

The thread last week about King outed one, this has outed another and there's the perennial one over on FF who can join the list.

That's not fair - as soon as I heard CH was standing I said he would cause problems. 

6 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

That's not fair - as soon as I heard CH was standing I said he would cause problems. 

That's true, eskbankloyal has said from the start he didn't think Houston should be involved.

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

You did and you also stated you would not support his nomination.

As the person has not yet been named I will refrain from speculation but whoever the director is, he should be forced to resign from C1872 immediately.  

Be interesting to know how many Direct Debits are cancelled this week.