Club 1872 - Statement of Resignation

All the debates before around conflicts of interest, etc, centred on James Blair, at least in his case it was all up front at the time when the members were voting, so although I didn't vote for him, it didn't concern me that he was on the board. I would separate this out as a different issue, this is just one person who is either oblivious to what could be a conflict, or just too egotistical to care or take advice on it.

Either way, totally untenable and I am sure many of us will stop funding Club 1872 unless this is dealt with VERY quickly.

4 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

By the way, I half expect defamation of the three who resigned to start tomorrow. If it does, anyone supporting it knowingly should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

They'll be in for a shock if that happens. 

I'm 99% it wont. 

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

I'm 99% it wont. 

It would be probably more interesting if it doesn't, to be honest. It's standard practice, if it doesn't happen it's because they know they're in the wrong. If he doesn't attack and doesn't resign, what does that tell you? (It probably tells you nothing, but he has followers who can't see past him).

12 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

You're absolutely right, he has every right to apply for the job. Not as a director, particularly one who stood on independence. He definitely should have withdrawn from any contact with the club as a C1872 rep, almost definitely resigned.

He's damaged C1872, probably fatally. Well done to the three directors who resigned, principled People. Shame on those who didn't. 

He's certainly killed it from my perspective.

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Not true.

Houston refused to disband SoS, even though they no longer continued to serve the purpose for which they created.

How was one of Kings rent-a-mob ever going to be against him in any way shape or form whilst sitting on C1872.

You couldn't make it up.

Even in the event of that being the case, it was still known before the elections, if Club 1872 members were happy with that situation and him representing them, then fair enough (and I didn't vote for him either).

i just think this situation is a whole different kettle of fish.

52 minutes ago, gogzy said:

lots of us seen this shitstorm coming, and were told we were way off the mark.

Would never merge with RST - oh no won't happen 

Indi of the club - totally assured 

Houston -nah democracy bla bla 

fuck me 

is anyone surprised?

even when it was Rangers first it was a busted flush 

in on train home and mark Dingwall was in front on me - used to nod to him but turned when eye contact was made - this isn't a lie I thought he looked a bit scunnered when he sat down - maybe this fall out is stressing him out? 

15 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

What do you mean by 'until the name comes out.' It's out. Do you want him to tell you himself?

No it's what's left of the shambles that is Club 1872 that should clarify this but I don't expect they will . That's me cancelling my standing order 

16 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I'm 99% it wont. 

Reading between the lines IT looks like this was the final straw and the remaining board members will not want to upset the three anymore or another Statement would be put out by the 3 but this time less guarded 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Fair play to D'art - I knew this would happen (resignation) I had an idea he'd be fighting a losing battle the day he joined.

i also said if D'art gets a position then resigns then your average fan should start to ask serious questions ....

:tu:  This stinks.