It's only a game

Once you've experienced that euphoric feeling you're hooked for life. Each and every bear who attended the girodome deserves a gold medal in the circumstances with no one giving us a chance and us being the biggest OLD FIRM underdog for years. The thing is that not one of these bears would swap that memory for a gold medal. My first memory of the dome was Alec Millers winner from edge of the box in 1980, the second it left his foot we knew it was in and I can still see it now. I still get that same feeling with each and every goal against them, but now it means more to me,If thats possible. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The amount of times I've almost been divorced because the wife has said those exact words at the wrong time. ??

It must just be women in general because my mum used to say the self same thing usually resulting in either my dad or myself telling her to shut up.

Been in a fair few scenes like that over the years. My favourites have to be the Lovenkrands winner at Hampden where I almost literally ended up going over the edge of the top deck, the other strange maybe to some, was at Raith Rovers when a certain McCoist scored a last minuter to secure the points. The old terracing shed behind the goal just exploded as every point at that particular time was vital.

56 minutes ago, 55Bear said:

Personally, this is my favourite part of the photo :lol::lol::lol:

IMG_9335.JPG

Bet the guy never even felt it. I have taken the skin off my legs, been danced upon by jubilant Bears, nearly broke my ankle and so on, but never felt a thing at the time. However when the booze and adrenalin wore off.......

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye well I tell her to shut up just not so politely as you and your auld man. ? 

I didn't say we were polite to her, not always anyway.

Her dumbest thing to say was that a draw between Rangers and the mhanky mhob was good because there'd be no trouble.

How little she knew.