Semi final ballot details

4 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

That's the point though, which you are missing, people on cccs who don't attend are getting tickets over those that do attend.  Blunt, yes, fair? 

End of the day they've paid the same amount of money as those on the CCCS regardless of whether they attend the games or not.

The way some of these games move for TV etc some supporters are affected and unable to attend every time without it being their own doing necessarily.

Thats why I believe the current system is as fair as it's going to be in the most non-complicated way.

Ive been lucky to only miss out once and that was the UEFA cup final but what can you do? 

18 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yeh, theres around 1500 tickets that get ditributed through players, management staff etc  

Then theres the Chairmans Club and the alike who are guaranteed a ticket cos they buy posh seats etc  

Frankly, and despite some moaning i think the club is distributing the tickets in a pretty fair way. The message is simple - if you want to go to semi and cup finals in the future then get yourself a ST, subscribe to cccs and attend every home game. If you dont then there are plenty of bears who do and i think at least deserve priority over picker and choosers. Thats blunt but fair  

18 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Players only get tickets if they are included in the squad for the game I'm sure. 

Players always get 2 complimentary tickets. Most of the time they put in requests to ask for more, which they need to pay face value for, which can be done everywhere apart from Hearts and Sheep(I think).

Was meaning this as well, 

Less than a week after the draw and he knows he has a ticket.

29 minutes ago, ally62 said:

does that mean it's now a race to get your ST renewals in ?

If that's what it takes. I honestly think you should be able to sign up for CCCS at the time of renewal and that's it. None of this you've got until the end of October pish.

I've had the semi final and final last year and the two semis this year. 

Ye can almost guarantee when we beat the tarriers I don't get one for the final:lol:

I don't see any other way they could work it right now tbh. Theres guys like me who have missed like 5-10 games since the 3rd division, home and away. Then theres fans who almost always get semi or final tickets anyway. You can't stop that, these people more than likely have good contacts within RSCs. How do you make sure those who deserve get? 

Should a guy on CCCS who signed up to every game without knowing the opposition be put in with a guy who picks the home cup games as they come if he fancies it? Or the guy who goes to every single game be put in the same hat as ST holders? Not IMO. 

I'll probably get a response like aye but you'll be raging if you don't get a ticket for the final. Obviously I will ffs! Who wouldn't, but the point is nothing can change to make everyone happy. There is always going to be a minority who lose out such is the demand.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I've had the semi final and final last year and the two semis this year. 

Ye can almost guarantee when we beat the tarriers I don't get one for the final:lol:

I don't see any other way they could work it right now tbh. Theres guys like me who have missed like 5-10 games since the 3rd division, home and away. Then theres fans who almost always get semi or final tickets anyway. You can't stop that, these people more than likely have good contacts within RSCs. How do you make sure those who deserve get? 

Should a guy on CCCS who signed up to every game without knowing the opposition be put in with a guy who picks the home cup games as they come if he fancies it? Or the guy who goes to every single game be put in the same hat as ST holders? Not IMO. 

I'll probably get a response like aye but you'll be raging if you don't get a ticket for the final. Obviously I will ffs! Who wouldn't, but the point is nothing can change to make everyone happy. There is always going to be a minority who lose out such is the demand.

I think it should go on those who attend earlier rounds of whatever competition we are playing in. And I mean attend not just buy the tickets. Surely Rangers would be able to see what smart cards are activated for all the games in that particular competition. At the same time this would be encouraging those who pick and choose to maybe bother their arse to turn up at home to Peterhead or Stranraer if we draw them at home in the early rounds. So basically a points system for each season depending on the cup games attended. And I say that as someone who has been in the cccs for years and never missed out on a ticket. Can completely understand where those who were unlucky but attend regularly are coming from. 

12 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I got that too. What fucking point are they trying to make?

Just now, Billy1984 said:

I think it should go on those who attend earlier rounds of whatever competition we are playing in. And I mean attend not just buy the tickets. Surely Rangers would be able to see what smart cards are activated for all the games in that particular competition. At the same time this would be encouraging those who pick and choose to maybe bother their arse to turn up at home to Peterhead or Stranraer if we draw them at home in the early rounds. So basically a points system for each season depending on the cup games attended. And I say that as someone who has been in the cccs for years and never missed out on a ticket. Can completely understand where those who were unlucky but attend regularly are coming from. 

I actually thought the attendance thing was the way they done it and I was on holiday last year the first home cup game but still paid for it so I didn't expect a ticket. 

I don't know how they would work it. Those who sign up to every game before a ball is kicked and then attend those games should be top of the tree IMO. 

After that I really don't know, do you just go down and say well he attended 3 out of 4 he's next. The TO never know why people miss games so that could open a whole can of worms, especially if they paid for it anyway. 

Yeah I'm the same I missed the second Hearts game this season and it's the only one I've missed due to ticketing reasons. I've got everything on CCCS as well. 

No matter how they do it, people will be unhappy. It'd be interesting to see if they done a points system based on the game. 10 points for Stranraer at home but only 3 for Hibs. Full house in both cases regardless which benefits the club as well. 

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I actually thought the attendance thing was the way they done it and I was on holiday last year the first home cup game but still paid for it so I didn't expect a ticket. 

I don't know how they would work it. Those who sign up to every game before a ball is kicked and then attend those games should be top of the tree IMO. 

After that I really don't know, do you just go down and say well he attended 3 out of 4 he's next. The TO never know why people miss games so that could open a whole can of worms, especially if they paid for it anyway. 

Yeah I'm the same I missed the second Hearts game this season and it's the only one I've missed due to ticketing reasons. I've got everything on CCCS as well. 

No matter how they do it, people will be unhappy. It'd be interesting to see if they done a points system based on the game. 10 points for Stranraer at home but only 3 for Hibs. Full house in both cases regardless which benefits the club as well. 

I think a points system could be looked at to be honest. Look at the attendance in the last round at home to accies compared to the demand for this semi final. There's no incentive for people to bother turning up to the likes of the Hamilton game as it stands but if like you suggest you gain points for each game attended in that competition, those who have paid the ticket might make more of an effort to then turn up and actually use it. Home cup attendancies apart from afew have been absolutely terrible for years so anything to try and bring them up is welcome aswell imo.

6 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Entirely get what you're saying but people potentially couldn't make games due to illness or something and it would be unfair to penalise them.  Take your point of people just picking and choosing what games they go to.  At the end of the day though as someone has mentioned if they have paid there money it's down to them what they do.  I don't agree with it, and for the record I have attended every home game, but i don't think there's a way around it unfortunately.  The best way would probably be to analyse who went or didn't go to the semi/final last year and allocate tickets to those people that didn't go. Ticket office isn't going  to invest any time doing that though as at the end of the day they no know matter what every single allocated ticket will be sold.

On the other hand I suppose it defeats the point In a ballot for everyone.  Its like entering a raffle with no chance to win which you wouldn't  do. I don't know what the answer is.  The ballot for everyone would seem the only way as shit as it may turn out for folk.  I got the semi last year but not the final which i was happy about given it was against them.  I would be gutted about it but if there was a system in place which meant I missed the semi or final this year but would get one the following season should we get that far i would accept that and it would be fair enough. That system just wouldn't be put in place though 

3 minutes ago, minus22 said:

Entirely get what you're saying but people potentially couldn't make games due to illness or something and it would be unfair to penalise them.  Take your point of people just picking and choosing what games they go to.  At the end of the day though as someone has mentioned if they have paid there money it's down to them what they do.  I don't agree with it, and for the record I have attended every home game, but i don't think there's a way around it unfortunately.  The best way would probably be to analyse who went or didn't go to the semi/final last year and allocate tickets to those people that didn't go. Ticket office isn't going  to invest any time doing that though as at the end of the day they no know matter what every single allocated ticket will be sold.

On the other hand I suppose it defeats the point In a ballot for everyone.  Its like entering a raffle with no chance to win which you wouldn't  do. I don't know what the answer is.  The ballot for everyone would seem the only way as shit as it may turn out for folk.  I got the semi last year but not the final which i was happy about given it was against them.  I would be gutted about it but if there was a system in place which meant I missed the semi or final this year but would get one the following season should we get that far i would accept that and it would be fair enough. That system just wouldn't be put in place though 

Aye it's a tough one with the likes of illnesses and things out of people's control. Surely though it's the same for the clubs who do operate on a points system? Thing is a club of our size is always going to have large numbers disappointed for big games like this. There's no easy answer unfortunately. Maybe all games could be included and the smart cards used the most over a whole season are given first dibs on the big games? God knows, thinking out loud now lol. Just feel for the unlucky ones. 

1 hour ago, Billy1984 said:

Some would just activate there ST at the turnstile then walk back out mate... There is no way of making everyone happy.

44 minutes ago, minus22 said:

Everyone that has missed out on a ticket for the semi should be given a ticket for the next semi before the ballot is done same with the final. on the basis there part of the scheme that season!

Whatever the allocation of tickets we get for 50% of hampden is what the cccs should be capped at (minus rsc and players etc) 

I've got a ticket and have done for all previous semis and finals but I've also ticked every box on my season ticket since I've had one 13 years ago. 

I think Rangers do tickets pretty fairly but I would have a waiting list for cccs instead of ballots. It would give more incentive to not give up ur season ticket rather than give people a reason not to renew because they are pissed off.

I saw a guy bigging himself up and having x amount of tickets on FB. If you are like me you know the ticket goes for cost price. I have been in receipt of tickets for London clubs and have never once sold them for more despite odd people asking and being shocked that they are spare and the potential buyer being surprised.

7 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

All this bickering would be avoided if we stopped playing at Hampden and played matches at Murrayfield with an extra 15000 tickets available.     

Aye, the trains through to Edinburgh would be some buzz as well.