Club 1872 Meeting.

Smile

2 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Correct. Its the lack of principles of the personnel on this board. After all thats exactly why they all remain in place.

Esky can correct me or D'art if he's reading. Hope you are mate. ??

But is this very thing happening, not written in pledge on the 1872 website that it would never happen. 

19 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I don't think Esky will mind me answering this. 

Anyone or any company, organisation or supports bus/group, can sponsor a player. My local pub used to sponsor a player.

The money goes directly to the club to be used as they see fit, the exact same as your ST money. 

Its also a good way of getting the 1872 name out there, if we could just stop the idiots in charge making a cunt of it we might make some progress. 

Cheers mate. Never knew this. I thought the player benefitted directly from player sponsorship. 

Noo when I think aboot it, ye couldnae gie cash tae a baw when ye sponsor the match baw. ?

16 minutes ago, thebooler said:

I'm not sure, but Greg told me the stadium advertising would come from the advertising budget, which is seperate, and doesn't need a vote from the members.

The members voted on the 5%, after that quite rightly it was left to the board to decide the best way to spend it. 

1. I'm surprised that anyone is surprised. You only have to look at the folk involved to know where these thing shead.

2. 1872 get 100'000s worth of advertising for 4k.... but they are nothing to do with the regime.

3. Folk should read that davie blog and ruminate on the countless COI's concerning the SLO gig.

4. Money always attracts scoundrels

5. Thank fuck that those corrupting forces will not be there forever.

The blue pound chasers have outdone themselves, over the past 5 years. Yet still they seek to suckle from the teat.

6 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

So the latest experience from Club 1872 is as follows:

You can now opt in to win an Experience for the opportunity to meet and greet with Pedro and Andy at Murray Park on Wednesday 12th April 2017 at 12.30 pm along with a Club 1872 Board Director.

Experience consists of meeting with Pedro and Andy, being presented with a signed shirt, tour of the training ground and the opportunity to take photgraphs.

Please log in to your Club 1872 account to opt in.

Club 1872

Now, that's a great 'prize' for a member and is offered because Club 1872 sponsor the 2 individuals using members money. Why would there be any need for a Club 1872 Director to attend in place of a member. Once again, it goes to show how out of touch/incompetent the remaining 4 are. Absolutely no regard to the perception of how these things look. Also, why would I, as a member, want to attend alongside a Director rather than my Dad, brother, mate etc.

Ridiculous.

I might join C1872 actually. Not interested in Andy or Pedro, but the chance to meet Craig Houston in person? :bow:

1 hour ago, thehost said:

1. I'm surprised that anyone is surprised. You only have to look at the folk involved to know where these thing shead.

2. 1872 get 100'000s worth of advertising for 4k.... but they are nothing to do with the regime.

3. Folk should read that davie blog and ruminate on the countless COI's concerning the SLO gig.

The blue pound chasers have outdone themselves, over the past 5 years. Yet still they seek to suckle from the teat.

No.2 It beggars belief that the club are struggling financially, yet give away prime advertising spots for peanuts!

1 hour ago, thehost said:

#2 Where do you get this 4K from?

Sponsoring players at 1500 a pop is fine but taking premium advertising spaces for 4k is ridiculous. The members of C1872 should be questioning why the fee is so low when in fact it seems it is not attracting new membership. It would be better giving these spaces up for others to pay the going rate.

6 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

#2 Where do you get this 4K from?

Sponsoring players at 1500 a pop is fine but taking premium advertising spaces for 4k is ridiculous. The members of C1872 should be questioning why the fee is so low when in fact it seems it is not attracting new membership. It would be better giving these spaces up for others to pay the going rate.

Maybe you should be asking why the Commercial Department at the Club can't find someone else to pay for it.

The club 1872 boards are mainly where puma was, puma would get these as part of the kit deal so we are actually gaining 4k and its good advertising for 1872 for the remainder of the season, is one way to look at.

But as someone else said why has it not just been re-sold at full value it it was possible if possible? 

15 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

The club 1872 boards are mainly where puma was, puma would get these as part of the kit deal so we are actually gaining 4k and its good advertising for 1872 for the remainder of the season, is one way to look at.

But as someone else said why has it not just been re-sold at full value it it was possible if possible? 

Apart from king com throwing a wobbler I've heard no explanation as to why RFC think they can cover up PUMA advertising which would cost any organisation a huge amount to acquire. I assume this advertising is part of the puma kit deal.

i would like to think that our corporate strategy was not covering up a major shirt sponsor, with some rag tarp, in a fit of pique that comes back to fuck the club financially.

35 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's a damming indictment and glaring example of how this board have failed to secure new income streams.

This 100% 

The database should be mined, it's full of Bears well willing to pay and sponsor a player at £4k a pop, just no-one is asking!

2 hours ago, thebooler said:

No.2 It beggars belief that the club are struggling financially, yet give away prime advertising spots for peanuts!

The more members, the more money available to syphon off. Short term loss for long term gain. Only Rangers would not be the beneficiaries.