*****The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

Very average display, 

Thought Fods was our man on the match which says it all. Waghorn needs a partner and that should be garner. Miller looks done, his touch isnt good enough for possession based passing football

Waghorn to slow to be our striker 

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I think Pedro will do ok once he settles in and gets some of his own players.

Brave move at half time, just need some better players.

Looks like third for us this year.

I think those half time subs are seriously worrying. Unless there was a couple of injuries then it was reckless not brave... our midfield was shite in the first half and if he wanted to make a statement then make it in the middle... pulling off three of your 4 defenders and replacing them with three attacking players is very concerning signs

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Embarrassing drawing with them at home

We are a rotten team who need millions to even be in with a chance of doing anything next season,  

Exactly.  We pretty much need a whole new squad.

Hopefully we can shift Waghorn, Forrester, etc for some cash.

1 minute ago, Bakbear said:

I think those half time subs are seriously worrying. Unless there was a couple of injuries then it was reckless not brave... our midfield was shite in the first half and if he wanted to make a statement then make it in the middle... pulling off three of your 4 defenders and replacing them with three attacking players is very concerning signs

Tbh, I am not sure what to make of those subs. Strange decision, but will certainly confuse opposition managers.

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

People complain about Warburtons predictable subs and now the new boss makes bold ones and folk still complain ? Can't keep everyone happy I suppose. For what it's worth, I think Wallace and particularly Hodson were poor first half.

Just now, MarvinAndrews said:

But like I said, he put in about the only quality ball in the box all day and it led to the goal. I'd take that over whatever Waghorn/MacKay/anyone else who started done. 

I honestly don't think he meant to put the ball there, more likely around the penalty spot, but it worked out well.

Just now, slimjim1690 said:

I honestly don't think he meant to put the ball there, more likely around the penalty spot, but it worked out well.

Well that's just wild speculation. Either way it was a quality ball right on garners foot and all he had to do was make connection.

Just now, MarvinAndrews said:

People complain about Warburtons predictable subs and now the new boss makes bold ones and folk still complain ? Can't keep everyone happy I suppose. For what it's worth, I think Wallace and particularly Hodson were poor first half.

Not complaining that he made 3 subs at half time, that a bold move and you are relying on no one getting injured and you have no flexibility to change anything else, but fair play its brave... but changing three of your back four is bonkers.... 

1 minute ago, MarvinAndrews said:

The commentary suggested Wallace had an injury.

Sorry but that was shambolic. 

If not for Fod we would have been beaten in the second half too.

I love the all guns blazing approach,  but maybe for last 15 not the whole second half.

But as Pedro understands a loss or draw just inst good enough, going by his changes.

Second long long gone now and it's just about what we can salvage.

To many in this squad are just not good enough.

If Wallace wasn't fit don't start him, homework on motherwell would have shown they were hammerthrowers, so find anyone in the whole set up who can tackle and put them at CDM.  Dont care who it is.

Draw at home is always a disaster 

1 minute ago, delparlane said:

Not saying much given the overall picture, but I thought Wes, O'Halloran and Miller were our best in the 2nd 45. First half was an embarrassment all 'round.

I thought Kiernan played pretty good second half. Garner too for getting the goal and being present. 

1 minute ago, delparlane said:

Not saying much given the overall picture, but I thought Wes, O'Halloran and Miller were our best in the 2nd 45. First half was an embarrassment all 'round.

No credit for Garner?