*****The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

1 minute ago, Bighouse said:

I'm not sharing the sort of light hearted  reaction to what happened today.

MW was rightly slaughtered for being embarrassingly open defensively so I won't be praising a continuation of that.

I just cannot get my head around this Rangers team, they can go to the piggery with everything against them and put in a battling display and play a bit as well. In front of a full house, on the back of a few good results and with a new gaffer to impress they come out the traps like a tortoise and turn in a sloppy, turgid awful display.

If I could like this more than once I would. 

Go into the two threads about the manager and the after match reaction and new manager syndrome in full effect with the excuses getting made.

I know you can't judge him so early. That's mental - but it doesn't mean you can't criticise and state the obvious, either. 

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah it was great meeting a good bear and fellow RM poster .Pity the result never went for us though

Yeah , you know it's a bad game when your explaining how to put a picture on your profile during it :lol: 

Ill need to try it soon . 

Today was totally unacceptable we were outplayed and bullied by a terrible Motherwell team.

the changes at half time I have mixed feelings on it was a huge gamble but on the other side something had to change and the manager was brave and took action.

id also like to add I think our guys tired early in the second half which was unusual for that squad

Frustrating afternoon. End product was very poor. 

Looked like a poor Motherwell side wanted it more in alot of areas of the pitch and that was a worry.

I have mixed feelings about the 'ambitious' half time subs. We created alot more chances than we did in the first half and you could say that poor finishing cost us the win. However on the other hand Motherwell looked like they were going to score every time they went forward, which wasn't really much to do with their attacking threat but more to do with the fact that we only had one out and out defender on the park (and it was Kiernan).

Whilst I'm pleased Pedro isn't scared to make wholesale changes when required in a game, I'd hope that he isn't flooding the players minds with too much too soon.

Respect to all the opinions but I just had a better offer than to sit on RM tonight. I'm totally depressed that the 2 week break brought a drop in performance and team selection/tactics/performance below anything MW could have dreamed of.

Double of whatever you're serving hen, and keep them coming.

Looks to have been a totally disgusting performance by the reactions on here.

Never seen the game but we know this team is full of inconsistencies all over the field so no real surprise at points dropped.

however going back to kings last interview,he is expecting PC to get more out of these players but we have to ask why?  When we sign so many players from lowly clubs and players that have had more clubs than a tim has had hot dinners then it doesn't matter how much we pay them- they simply will not improve.

the attitude of the players is unacceptable the majority of the time and they must be replaced asap.

1 hour ago, kaiser1041 said:

Today was totally unacceptable we were outplayed and bullied by a terrible Motherwell team.

the changes at half time I have mixed feelings on it was a huge gamble but on the other side something had to change and the manager was brave and took action.

id also like to add I think our guys tired early in the second half which was unusual for that squad

Kaiser mate . Surely a lot of credit has to go the Manager today .

We were absolutely horrific first half . He did not wait the MW 60mins to do something about it .

He hauled off 3 players that were debatably pitiful on the day . Although Wallace had an injury .

The second half was a lot better although we could still have lost .

He is finding out the dross we have .

As I said to Gmcf at the game . I would rather we had some poor games like these . I don't want us having lots of great games and our Manager thinking they can be kept .

The 2 OF games aside ,where I do want us as our optimum  . The rest for me will be finding out how good or bad this bunch of players are.

We know the answer to that .

Thy are a team full of losers .Now 10 points behind a second place side on April 1st . A disgrace for our club .

I want the manager to find out very quickly so he can get the required players in for next season

23 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The time to judge the manager is when he has his own team.

I'd empty every single player bar Foderingham and Miller(squad player)

Don't think anyone can argue with that Stepps . Wallace is done . Kiernan and Wilson are not up to the job .

Midfield is lightweight and powderpuff

Strikers are just wasteful with zero composure . Every other week

McKay is our most creative but he has one good game in 5 . I would sell him

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Don't think anyone can argue with that Stepps . Wallace is done . Kiernan and Wilson are not up to the job .

Midfield is lightweight and powderpuff

Strikers are just wasteful with zero composure . Every other week

McKay is our most creative but he has one good game in 5 . I would sell him

I'd punt Mckay.

His talent is beyond question. His application and desire can certainly be questioned.

A man short away from home in the big games.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I'd punt Mckay.

His talent is beyond question. His application and desire can certainly be questioned.

A man short away from home in the big games.

Imagine the difference it would make if we sold McKay for 3 million and bought two solid, no-nonsense CB's with that. 

Instant improvement all round.